It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to those who read "Dying to Be Me" by Anita Moorjani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There were several occasions in the past already where I came across someone who was about to die.

I always want to recommend this book but somehow I am uncertain whether it would be "proper" to do so. If you read the book and you know what it is about, what is your stance on this?

Short recap:

This *excellent* book is about a cancer patient, Anita Moorjani, who had a NDE experience while she was rushed into the hospital. She was basically dying due to progressed cancer. During the the NDE she was facing a choice whether to return or not. Once she returned from the NDE she was completely cured from cancer. There are medical documents and reports which confirm her advanced cancer and her quick healing.

(SORRY for this quick and entirely insufficient recap which does the book and the implications of her experience no justice.) If you have NOT read this book I highly recommend it before you reply here and give an opinion.

I am simply not certain whether it would be "proper" to tell, say, a cancer patient to read this book. I'd really like to know what people's stance on this is.

edit on 72013RuSundayAmerica/Chicago52AMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Wow I can't believe I'm the first one to respond. Not sure if it's because of the holidays being so close or if it's because they haven't read the book.

The book was definitely a good book. I have always had a fascination with the after life, heaven etc.... So when I bought the book it wasn't what I expected. But still a good read

Would I recommend the book? Yes and no.

I would recommend the book to anyone other than someone who has a fatal illness. Although the author does describe the feeling of "no more" pain, being reunited with her father and not being scared to die. Not even today. The thing is that I wouldn't want to give them false hope. Not everyone will come back from cancer at stage 4b on her death bed like she did. It just doesn't happen.

Hard call. Good luck

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have read and own the book. I thought it was good for what it does and I feel I gained a couple of real insights from reading it. I'm glad I did. It's a highly personal book of a person with an unique background. Few of us are Indian who speak perfect UK English and live in Hong Kong with a loving extended family of some means. Also, she seems to have taken to "the circuit" as she is a frequent speaker and under the tutelage, if you will, of Wayne Dwyer. In other words, she tends to interpret her experience in the light of his teachings.

I was surprised that the book is light on detail of her other world experience. She is much more detailed about her home, family, and upbringing. Other books on the subject offer a lot more detail. I don't think this is a "bad" book, but it's also not the best of the genre. Given with other books and stories also in the mix would be a good thing, but as a lone book to explain the issues, I don't think this one does the job in an adequate enough manner.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

schuyler

I was surprised that the book is light on detail of her other world experience. She is much more detailed about her home, family, and upbringing. Other books on the subject offer a lot more detail. I don't think this is a "bad" book, but it's also not the best of the genre. Given with other books and stories also in the mix would be a good thing, but as a lone book to explain the issues, I don't think this one does the job in an adequate enough manner.

You are right
. And to recommend a book to someone seeking knowledge about the afterlife, this book is pretty bleak. A good one is "The Afterlife of Jimmy Fingers". Don't know how creditable the book is, but it has gotten great reviews and has put my mind at ease about dying. When I get really old of course
. Lol. I almost felt as if I wanted to go home (Heaven) after reading it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Thanks for the tip! It's "Billy" Fingers. You made me work for that one!

edit on 12/22/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I haven't read her book, but have watched nearly every interview and presentation by her, and I think anyone with cancer or even chronic illness, but really beneficial to all. Her account of the other side was something I know, that we are wonderful and loved, and she became her HS basically , her infinite being, nor did she need to experience illness, for she knew she was wellness, and it was low self esteem, fears, and also corporate life and stress, these things are not living our joy and bringing happiness with us into the lives of others.

Nuts and bolts? I've studied NDE's for years and this was the most uplifting and non judgmental healing and wonderful NDE, the way I know it really is. Its not all about physical healing, but it can be. It depends what we have to do, and much more, but the overall holistic healing offered in here is for everyone, whatever the actual outcome.

Also recommend Gregg Braden's Divine Matrix.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Hahaha. Your right. Billy Fingers, you'd think I'd remember the book I've read thrice. Oops.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If someone knows anyone who is terminal or chronically ill, not only would I recommend this, and Gregg Braden's book, but Dolores Cannon's books as well, and her DVD on a group session, from her site.

Getting in touch with inner Self/Soul and Source/God/Creator, for healing and self realization, awareness, holistic progression, to discover life purpose, is to me the number one priority that everyone should have in this journey. For some its quick, but most seem to gain a little more each time, its a journey within.

But we shouldn't pause at that stage and spend most of our time within, rather, Live. And find Joy to keep and bring to others. This is the stone we ground on to spring forth and Live fully.

And I believe that for one who has chronic, like I have, with my thyroid, liver and arthritis, or terminal, finding the purpose of the day, to LIVE fully, to Love fully and shine some light and goodness into the lives of others, gives purpose. And when you have a purpose, you don't usually get permission to leave just yet, because there is still work to do here.

This world, the tests awaiting our loving touch, bringing peace in troubled waters, bringing hope when there seems to be despair, being a nudger of happiness, is a gift.

It's as though, we're already infinite souls, with clear and murky areas. How to shine up and purify, when there is No Time on the other side, its all as is. How to improve areas?

Create a pretend holographic realm, where you temporarily forget yourself, as if you are clean slate, and practice, practice, practice, at Positive Love Methods to life problems.

I just wanted to add I got 2 dvds for myself for christmas, though with dental appointments and extra family and workload have not been able to listen to yet:

Deep Meditation for Healing, by Anita Moorjani, and Healing Through Past-Life Regression...And Beyond, by Mira Keely. Though in my view, there is no time, so all is at once. It's exploring the Now.
edit on 23-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join