It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey's PM warns he could expel ambassadors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Turkey's PM warns he could expel ambassadors over graft probe arrests

PM Tayyip Erdogan accuses foreign ambassadors in Turkey of involvement in "provocative actions" amid a widening graft probe in which 24 people, including the sons of two ministers, have been charged

The chief executive of state-owned Halkbank, Suleyman Aslan, and Azerbaijani businessman Reza Zarrab were also charged in connection with the scandal, private NTV and CNN-Turk televisions reported.
"These recent days, very strangely, ambassadors get involved in some provocative acts," Mr Erdogan told supporters in the Black Sea province Samsun. I am calling on them from here, do your job, if you leave your area of duty, this could extend into our government's area of jurisdiction. We do not have to keep you in our country."

Source

Turkish PM to US ambassador: 'Mind your business'

‘A dirty game has been set-up against our government. This game is being played against our national will,’ he said. ‘We will break this game the same way we broke it at the Gezi Park riots. This is an international game. They have set-up gangs in our state.’
Referring to the targeting of Halkbank, he said ‘What do they want from Halkbank? They should bravely step forward and answer and tell us who they working for.’

Sounds like things are getting out of control. Either Turkey's PM Erdogan can't handle the bad situation he is in or he actually has some proof, although the US ambassador to Turkey refutes the claims.

I'll post updates as soon as they come in..

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Press TV news bit on the Story

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oh My God. You have got to be kidding me. Please Please PLEASE...tell me our Government wasn't this terminally stupid and self defeating.

*I* am almost to the point of calling my own nation dangerously rogue and in need of OUTSIDE intervention to STOP THIS if this has truth to it.

US ambassador Francis Ricciardone, was reported by Turkey's Star newspaper to have told a delegation of European diplomats on Decemeber 17 that Halkbank had been warned, and that they were soon to witness the 'fall of an empire.' Ricciardone, who met with Turkish main opposition leader Kemal Kilicdaroglu this week, denied that there had been any external influences in the anti-graft raids.

In Samsun, without mentioning Ricciardone by name, Erdogan said: ‘Some ambassadors are behaving provocatively. My message to them...mind your business. We are not obliged to keep you in our country. If our ambassadors in your countries behaved like this, let us know. You wouldn't have to expel them, we would call them back ourselves.'
(Op Link)

Let me get this stright.... A full rank United States Ambassador is suspected to have been key in influencing an effort to bring DOWN the Government of a close and strategically critical NATO Ally?

Guys.. again .. *IF* (in 72pt script) ...IF...this is accurate... What the hell have we done? What have we become?????

Working directly AGAINST Turkey and it's sitting leader? Have they totally lost their sanity?!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There have been an awful lot of headlines lately that tell me that the US foreign relations with many long time allies are seriously strained or just outright turning hostile to the US.

I can't say that I blame them either.

Recently, Saudi Arabia has announced they want to head a coalition of Middle east countries free from Western influences. Russia is miffed because the US called out their ambassadors for publicly squandering treasury money. They are also openly deploying missile "defense" in Eastern european countries.The German PM has publicly denounced Obama and the NSA as the "new Stasi" that was so prevalent when she grew up in communist east germany. And also, India is pissed about their Indian ambassador who recently got strip searched and anal probed by our lovely folks at the TSA.

I have a feeling America is being set up to be the new Nazi Germany that the world has to unite against.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is very interesting. Isn't there a prophecy that WW3 would start in the region either in or around Turkey?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Yes. There is.

It's why I almost grabbed a waste bucket to lose my meager breakfast snack when I read the background info on this.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hm.m.m.m.m.m This is worrisome indeed. Will have to watch this very closely to see how things unfold.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thousands in anti-corruption protests; Erdogan defiant

* Investigation challenges authority of PM Erdogan

* Thousands in Istanbul call on government to resign

* Furore has exposed rift between PM, Islamic cleric

* Erdogan speaks in northern cities, thousands show support

Reuters

Police fire teargas, water cannon at Istanbul protesters
Reuters

Dozens of police officers ousted as corruption scandal roils Turkey's elite

Turkish authorities have removed another 25 police chiefs from their posts, media reported, widening a crackdown on the force since it launched a corruption investigation that Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan has called a "dirty operation" against his rule.
Erdogan accused "international groups" and "dark alliances" on Saturday of encouraging the graft investigations and signaled the purge of people behind it would continue.

NBC News
edit on 22-12-2013 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Guys.. again .. *IF* (in 72pt script) ...IF...this is accurate... What the hell have we done? What have we become?????

That isn't something new. If the US wants to put their own puppets in charge, this is one way to do it. See Libya etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

There is absolutely zero comparison to a nation we were at a state of ...hostility with, I guess is the best term for it, for the better part of 3 decades (Libya) with a nation we've treated and still hold as a strategically key ally.

Turkey, among other things, is almost unique in having a licensed, full F-16 production capability and having had that for quite some time. They control the access for the Black Sea and stood as a major player throughout the Cold War.

They are ..or at least have been...among America's closest allies outside the actual World War II set/Security Council level......and at some points of the Cold War, I'm not sure how far off Turkey really was.

This is stunning to me, anyway.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Oh My God. You have got to be kidding me. Please Please PLEASE...tell me our Government wasn't this terminally stupid and self defeating.

Let me get this stright.... A full rank United States Ambassador is suspected to have been key in influencing an effort to bring DOWN the Government of a close and strategically critical NATO Ally?

Working directly AGAINST Turkey and it's sitting leader? Have they totally lost their sanity?!

"This is really a historic day for us," Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu said during a press conference after signing a memorandum of understanding with Shanghai Cooperation Organization Secretary-General Dmitry Mezentsev following the conference. "Now, with this choice, Turkey is declaring that our destiny is the same as the destiny of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) countries."

The United States has questioned whether Turkey can become a member of a security organization besides NATO, like the SCO. But the Turkish foreign minister argues such dual membership is possible now that Moscow and Beijing are no longer considered enemies by NATO.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

What? You mean our US politicians are collectively slitting our own throats? Raging on a WW3 scenario - US against the rest of the world?

No - can't be /sarcasm.

Don't forget that old cranky warmonger mccain is busy in Ukraine trying to foment anti-Russian waves.

New World Order - with a conquered united states of america.

And the idiot citizens of the US don't even see it coming....

Destroying our country from the inside, just isn't good enough for these scum that have been looting our country for years.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

With all that Edward Snowden has released, this comes as no surprise. In a way the US is isolating itself from the rest of the world and that makes sense in light of its role in scripture. What the US is gearing up to do requires it to not have close friends.

Russia is mentioned in scripture and so is its capital Moscow 1500 years before they ever existed and what they are going to do. The US is also clearly depicted but symbolically. Sorry to say but the US is just warming up to the terror it will bring on earth but its end will come in the space of 1 hour after everyone get totally fed up with it. If you don't believe it, just look what it is doing today.

Wrabbit, no need to lose you breakfast, they are not headed south just yet. Turkey will drop the US, go with Russia and China but not get involved with the coming conflict but will leave the door open for Russia. On a side note, if you didn't already know this, the road from China through the Himalayas and into the ME is complete and fully operational. The way has been made for the Kings of the East.

Turkey's PM, I have no doubt, is hitting the nail squarely on the head. The US's past and recent performance in this area is well noted. We are living in interesting times and things will get even more interesting before it's over.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Turkey bans journalists from police stations

Turkish authorities Sunday announced a ban on journalists entering police stations, in the midst of a government purge of dozens of police commanders.

One veteran police reporter, who spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal, said the ban was the first of its kind during a 16-year career.
"It was very surprising to me. On the one hand you talk about press freedom, then you ban the press from police stations. It is very bizarre," the reporter said.
"Imagine you're a police beat reporter, how do you do your job?" the journalist added. "So they are going to invite us for the stories they want us to write, then when there is a corruption probe they are going to say don't come."

CNN

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
this guy should be thrown out already by a pitchforked-torch-carrying mob...

He is slowly but surely dismantling everything Kemal Atatürk did for Turkey by turning a once strictly laicistic state into a religious and opressive one... good job, Erdi -.-

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
people sure are quick to get on the anti-american bandwagon and believe anyone that uses our country as a scapegoat for their own problems, always i see so many believe these things without looking closer at the actual issue at hand. maybe turkey has a corrupt government and the people there have an issue with it and we have nothing to do with any of it, maybe this leader is just blaming us to distract people from the truth so he can act more openly against his own people by garnering public support to punish "traitors" who are being supported by those "evil jews and americans".

and these other people declaring how much turkey is our "friend" or "ally" need to look closer and see the history between turkey and western nations, you will see how much conflict there has been with turkey for the last almost 1000 years, turkey was never friendly towards any western nation and is only an ally because it protects them from war and sanctions for what they've done to their own people and neighbors in the past and present.
it keeps them standing and gives them the position to fight against us on more even ground and to dominate the middle east when the time comes to rebuild their empire. those in power haven't forgotten how the west humiliated them and destroyed their empire then proceeded to divide it up into the many nations who we see today which make up the middle east.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Wrabbit, no need to lose you breakfast, they are not headed south just yet. Turkey will drop the US, go with Russia and China but not get involved with the coming conflict but will leave the door open for Russia. On a side note, if you didn't already know this, the road from China through the Himalayas and into the ME is complete and fully operational. The way has been made for the Kings of the East.

I have no sense of urgency at this stage. It's inevitability. Of course Turkey will be part and parcel to the coming war. So it's been foretold and so it shall be.......no matter what events have done to seemingly turn from that path. It always comes back eventually and a little further down than it had been last.

This has taken years from the first "huh? are those REALLY signs at all?" to current time and wondering just which signs haven't happened yet. There are a few, they are big ones and I'm just about past wondering IF ..but when they'll click too.

What we're watching unfold is bigger. by far, than the mere men involved and no matter how hard some struggle, we just can't seem to get out from under prophecy. I don't have to believe a word from the sources it comes from ...to plainly see it's coming to pass in part, anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Turkey's economy, interior ministers resign following sons' arrests in corruption scandal

Two Cabinet ministers whose sons have been arrested in Turkey's corruption and bribery scandal have resigned.

Economy Minister Zafer Caglayan and Interior Minister Muammer Guler both stepped down on Wednesday.

Their sons are among 24 people who have been arrested in Turkey on bribery charges in a police corruption probe that has targeted Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's allies.

FoxNews

Seems like the Government is dissolving slowly but surely..

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The people of Turkey have woken up to another day of political turmoil, with news of a big cabinet reshuffle amid a high-level corruption scandal. Ten new ministers have been named in Recep.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Erdogan is no prize. Not at all, but the people we have in charge here in the US are no winners either. They are systematically destroying anything that was built carefully over decades by those who came before. And given the cronyism and Chicago-style dealings that are rampant in the admin, it wouldn't surprise me at all to discover that they are trying to run the same games on the world stage and discovering that what works in Chicago doesn't work in the world at large.

But, we reap what we sow, and this is no more than I expect after we allowed ourselves to elect a man and a party who booed God three times at their convention. That sent shivers down my spine. If, indeed, God ever blessed America, he's done with us now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join