It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media's (successful) attempt to train the masses with "Movie Subconsciousness"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Today I ran into a movie I've never heard of before while stumbling through youtube called "Enemy of the State." It was filmed in 1998 and literally is about the NSA overreaching it's powers. In the movie it's found that the main antgonist was born on 9/11/1940 (irony or..?). If you've never heard of this movie you SHOULD be surprised, as it features big names like Will Smith, Gene Hackman, Jack Black, Jamie Kennedy and more. Here's a link to the full movie if you got 2 hours (WELL worth the watch)

Then after that I found out about the show called "Lone Gunmen" which started in March 2001 and the pilot episode is about this guy uncovering a Department of Defense file about airline terrorism... here's the link with the full episode,, basic admission of 911 at 29:40

So there you have it, 9/11 and the NSA painted right before our eyes, before the fact. I know there's going to be someone out there saying "the terrorists just copied the show!" .... but the NSA thing is something else altogether as a completely government-controlled agency... and wouldn't be able to have done it's dirt without the public completely engulfed in fear ( I think that's actualyl a quote in one of the movies)

Now you may be asking me: So what are you trying to accomplish besides make me feel worse about the situation than I already do? Well here's the sad thing, the public at large is not even remotely aware how duped they became. Everytime a traumatic thing happens most people feel like they are in a movie... but they never remember what movie it was that featured something like that... thusly their subconscious starts playing out the movie character's reactions to the situation, and all they know is is that it "seems liek a movie."

Our subconscious has become a battlefield in the modern era. There are teams of highly trained psychologists sitting around all day thinking about how they can help their boss run the business better... and if you got that kind of money you'd financially be a damned fool not to put your hand in the deception business, only thing is now its gone to the top,to the people with THE most money in the nation, hands down. Even today they try their hand at this "predicted programming" if you will, and if you actually look at the psycology of the movies you go out and see, the deception will become painfully obvious to you. Our minds are vulnerable people, and if you aren't aware of it then essentially you've become posessed in a sense by this relentless rain of progandadized entertainment.

PS: Using enternmaint sources, if this coorelation between media and real life continues, I predict one or more of these scenarios: a war with China/NK (Red Dawn 2/msm) followed by a faked alien intervention and/or war with the aliens over our resources (History Channels 2013 'the great martian war', Nat Geos 2011 'Alien Ivasion,' Falling Skies,etc) and/or total uprest from a power outage (nat geo's Blackout 2013, the show Revolution, Walking Dead and all the Doomsday shows)
edit on 22-12-2013 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by doesntmakesense

You have never seen Enemy of the State before? That's a great movie and probably closer to the mark than most people realize!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
And what about "The Net" and "Hackers".

Here is something that is very hard to fathom for some conspiracy nuts, guess what, it's not the "media", it's the artists.

And they have been doing it since the beginning of time. As a writer myself I play with all sorts of scenarios of "what if", but if one comes true, it is simply a reflection of my insight. If anything, it shows that hollywood is not so entirely controlled by outside influence it is still able to make productions. For a mirror of this, look at North Korea and the latest instalment of "Kim family episode 235 - Kim Jong Il rises from the dead and Jong Un join forces to conquer the world, while curing every disease known to man, and turn dirt into gold, oh and did we mention they are awesome."

Oops, it's actually called: The Respected Comrade Supreme Commander Is Our Destiny

Link

By the way, if we are calculating the number of hits to misses, hollywood is somewhere around 100,000/1
edit on 22-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
In "Enemy of The State" Gene Hackman is reprising a role he played in 1974
called "The Conversation" where he does ... well ... he records conversations
without the targets knowing it.

Here is a clip from that movie with Harrison Ford (1974 two years before star wars,
one year after American Graffiti) in a bit part as a corporate slime who tries to
get the recorded conversation from him.

By the end of the movie, the viewer realizes that Gene has been double played,
and if he would have sold the recording, someone would _not_ have been killed.

Wracked with paranoia, he tears out the walls of his own house looking for bugs.

In "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith, we find Hackman playing the same character,
living off-the-grid and working from inside a Faraday cage, never having gotten over
his paranoia.

In my opinion the surveillance state, learned it from the corporate world.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Enemy of the State was execellant on several levels. It paired two generations of actors. A couple of Oscar winners with Hackman and Voigt and an up and coming superstar in Smith. Hackman teaches the younger Smith about the way the world really is and in doing so sets up several possible reactions from the audience.

One,,,,, no reaction at all other than oh boy what a lot of super explosions.
Two,,,,, it really can't be that bad, after all it's only fiction.
Three,,, Yeah, that's the way it really is and now lets go out for a Big Mac.
Four,,,,, Oh good. Finally Hollywood is exposing the terrors of the surveillance state and now people will begin to understand our dark future if we don't do something.
Five,,,,,,Hollywood is part of the mass consciousness machine which is controlled by the powers that be and in this movie they are slowly getting us accustomed to the world we are living in.

I think that it was written by very good writers. Writers who like to write about cutting edge scenarios. In 98, the security state was only beginning to become a general topic of public awareness. The movie tapped into this for it's success.

I think that a lot of movies are nothing more than this, the industry trying to find something different to entice the movie audiences with. So they keep looking to find what is it that the public is not only interested in now, but what might they be interested in in a couple of years. As it takes a couple of years to put a whole movie like this together they might be ahead of the natural curve of public interest or behind it. Enemy of the State hit it on the nose I think.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not entirely sold on the idea they were trying to tell us something. Perhaps they were, but maybe they used 9/11 as dates in movies because 911 is something that all Americans know and identify with, and that connects them to the story on some level, even if subconsciously. Familiarity is often used to draw people in, not with just movies but many things. Star Wars was a well-known example of this.

There are many humans and many events, and its only going to be a matter of time before they coincide with fiction. Of course, its entirely possible to base events upon fiction, as is what appears to be happening with the bible and its so-called prophecies.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Whatever you do don't watch ROBOCOP where Detroit files for Bankruptcy and all the other spooky stuff...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Priceless! Just about feel of my seat laughing.
LoL

I don't recommend reading 1984 as one could possibly conclude that Orwell was not only a literary genius but a psychic and oracle!

edit on 23-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

9/11/1940 (irony or..?).

How can that be a coincidence?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

so what are you trying to say, the writers, directors & actors are all part of the secret government op to play with our heads?

The films and storylines you have highlighted are just coincidences. There are thousands upon thousands of movies and you have picked up on only a couple of coincidences.

top topics

join