It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face book postings getting deleted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Firstly I know very little about facebook and I do not use it myself.

A friend has discovered posts by friends/followers, whatever the term is, have been deleted from her page. My friend is not tech savvy with facebook, she just has an account and her and her family and friends make posts on it.

She has been told that it may be her partner doing this.

How easy or difficult would it be for her parter to do this? My friends phone is the only connection to the internet her and her partner have.

How easy or diffiult would it be, for example, for me to delete or hide your posts from my friends facebook page?

I understand that there are glitches in the system that may account for this and that facebook itself will delete posts that are offensive and racist etc. The deleted posts do not fit into this category at all.

With help from other friends she has been able to restore some posts from her daughter.

I dont know how many posts have been deleted vs the total number of posts on her page.

Any insight appeciated, thank you

edit on 22-12-2013 by learnatic because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

If your friend leaves her account logged on and the partner gets the phone, then they could write, delete, or alter posts at will.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

learnatic
***snip***
She has been told that it may be her partner doing this.

How easy or difficult would it be for her parter to do this? My friends phone is the only connection to the internet her and her partner have.

***snip***

As other poster said. If the account is logged on to then it is really easy. Given the facts you provide it is more than likely the partner.

And this story serves as a reminder always to log out or lock the phone/pc with a personal password/pin.

NEVER EVER STAY logged on to any site if there is the slightest risk of anyone accessing it.
My wife's cousin strangled his wife after he discovered some totally innocent messages between her and someone as far away as 1500 miles (in another country). The jalousi was too much for him to control.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Easy, as others have said here. REALLY easy. Especially if the computer is left on all the time and different sites are signed in all the time too: for "convenience".

Sign off, log off and shut the whole darn thing completely OFF once in awhile. Its soooo easy to access stuff this way while signed in..and ON.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
thank you for the replies

top topics

join