It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help looking for similar movies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well this is a lame first thread but I can't sleep and am really bored so i'm looking for some good movie ideas lol.

I'm only looking for more recently made films, at least after the year 2000.

The last week i've been watching movies that are psychological thrillers/horror movies.
The three i've seen this week are A perfect getaway, House Hunting, and Enter Nowhere.

I like the vacation horror movies like A Perefect Getaway so any thing similar would be great.

House Hunting and Enter Nowhere are both psychological thrillers where groups of people are stuck in houses/cabins in the woods and every time they leave they end up right back to the house. I don't know, I thought it was a pretty interesting concept lol.

A Perfect Getaway

Enter Nowhere

House Hunting

Any suggestions similar to those three would be great because I just recently watched them and am still in the mood to watch similar movies. I also recommend watching them if you enjoy those types of movies.

Some other pschological thrillers i enjoyed:

The Game * * * * *
Donnie Darko * * * * *
Blood River * * * *
Momento * * * *
The Experiment * * * *
Exam * * * *
Triangle * * *
Gone * * *

Any suggestions would be much appreciated and I apologize for hitting enter to early and posting nothing in this thread at first.
edit on 22-12-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I gave you your first flag now please edit and make a good post. Lol or not now you have one try getting more.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepVisions

I'd suggest ;

dude where's my car
dude where's my car 2
the trueman show
braveheart
the tetleys tea commercials

and my favourite

escape from new york

in lieu of all the modern movies, you can't go wrong with these classics.

failing that, check out anything with rodney dangerfield. that man could act.

cheers!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thank you for the suggestions! I've seen most the movies you listed. Truman Show and Braveheart are pretty good. I haven't seen Escape From New York yet but it looks pretty interesting so i may check it out. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Check out

John Dies at the End
The Nines
God Bless America
Sinister
Pawn Shop Chronicles
We are the Millers (hilarious)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I gotta check, how about ?

NATURAL BORN KILLERS.

The are on a kind of vacation ( killing spree ).

The they go on vacation ( prison ).

Then....... Oops. Won't give up the ending , you might not have seen it.

It's a little quarky , but so is any film Quentin Tarantion has a hand in.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If you want a psychological thriller, try to find Intensity (1997). You'll probably have to buy a copy of it, but it's worth it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

FRAILTY -one of my favs, you'll like it.great twists.

THE REVENANT -good, dark, twisted. fun.

enjoy!
edit on 22-12-2013 by gemdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Have you tried Anime? Perfect Blue (1998). Black Swan was influenced by this. It's has Lynchian head trip surrealism, Cronenberg body horror and Argento splatter. Get it and watch it before Aronofsky remakes it!

Mentioning David Lynch, Inland Empire (2006) is the go since you require post 2000 movies. This has a spellbinding, otherworldly atmosphere. Full of subconscious symbolism with visions, nightmares, omens... ,Lynchy at his best.

Since this is Christmas, there is a fantastic BBC series called "A Ghost Story for Christmas" from 1976. Not recent like you asked, but is perfect for a bit of psychological horror and mystery during the holidays. The best episode is by far "The Signalman".

Hope I have been helpful.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

DeepVisions
***snip***
House Hunting and Enter Nowhere are both psychological thrillers where groups of people are stuck in houses/cabins in the woods and every time they leave they end up right back to the house. I don't know, I thought it was a pretty interesting concept lol.
***snip***

Cube (1997)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Lots of good suggestions. Mine would be Eden Lake ( Refusing to let anything spoil their romantic weekend break, a young couple confront a gang of loutish youths with terrifyingly brutal consequences) and Straightheads (a 2007 British thriller film which follows a couple who are seeking revenge against a group of men who brutally attacked them. It is written and directed by Dan Reed, who made his directorial début and stars Gillian Anderson with a brilliant dark performance).

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Peeping Tom

Made in 1960 but this film was ground breaking in it's day. Highly recommended:-

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I will definitely be checking out a couple of the movies listed. I also recommend watching the ones I listed.
Thank you all for the ideas!

top topics

join