It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Working Christmas day? Visiting young patients? Nothing sounds whiny or selfish there to me. Yes, even exuberant bunnies get the blues, sometimes, but I'm glad to hear that the ghosts of Christmas won't need to visit you tonight! Good for you, Beezz, for having a grateful spirit, counting your blessings and being a blessing to others. BTW, head hair is overrated -- many women see balding as a sign of virility.
Merry, Merry!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Merry Christmas pheonix, prawns sound great about now. Too cold for me in Houston and it's really not that bad right now.

Beez, cheer up my friend. As you said, you have a lot of good in your life right now.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Happy Christmas Eve

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I meant to be here much earlier but my elderly Mom who lives in the apartment below me needed my help with last minute Christmas cleaning and getting gifts ready. Plus she needed the company.

I hope everyone is as well as can be. Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas eve with love. Hugs!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Over a half hour of Background Christmas songs...keeps the mind busy for a little while...

Full speakers...full screen...

Merry Christmas to you all !!!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Any advice for me?

From 2008 to 2011 and in spring 2012 for two weeks, I had recurring anxiety attacks, and I fear they may be coming back soon.

This March I had a crazy week and I developed the strongest anxiety attack of my life. But nothing happened since than.

Now, for days I have been particularly nervous, my friends are even a little tired about my bad feelings and nervousness.

I am 23. I am a man. And I'm trying to read some books I bought, in a noisy family house.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i miss my friend.
RIP Rocky...We love you and miss you.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I have RA, am older (much older) but what helps me is Tai Chi.

You can youtube it, google it, buy dvds on Amazon (I've done all 3) but it is a discipline that has helped me and helped me relax.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Allaroundyou

Your story doesn't sound petty at all, you might have created the problems yourself but you were only 21 when you messed up. We learn from our mistakes, you've done well to get this far without the support of your family. I don't know what your health problems are or what sort of work you do, so what I'm about to tell you might not help.

I have two jobs but only make enough to pay my bills.

When I was in this situation, I picked up a holiday brochure, I looked to see where I wanted to go. Then I applied for a live in job, it was the best move I ever made. Three meals a day and a roof over my head, the money was rubbish, but I had no bills to pay, it was a stress free life.

If you can do something like that to save yourself from becoming homeless, then you can decide what you want to do next in your own time.

That's my suggestion, maybe other members might have better ideas.

The one girl I truly do have feelings for has told me I don't make enough to support her.

My life above was full of people escaping their own lives, they didn't judge and they didn't care if you had money or not, you will meet other girls.

Whatever you do, I wish you well, let us know how you get on in the future if you can.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you! Nice one!

Bit hot here for the fire place.

P

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hahahaha!

I've been doing Laundry!!

My cat is just sleeping.
Maybe I'll ..oh never mind

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Watching a Christmas Story and going to see my folks tomorrow.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Great! Now I have a tear in my eye. Thanks a lot! Here I am, trying to be the macho manly man and your post is making me blubber.

God bless ya!

ETA: That tear in my eye thing...I'm not going to turn into a rabbit who doesn't get laid am I? And here I thought things were bad before.

Hey...I can blubber and still have a sense of humor!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Zagari
Any advice for me?

From 2008 to 2011 and in spring 2012 for two weeks, I had recurring anxiety attacks, and I fear they may be coming back soon.

This March I had a crazy week and I developed the strongest anxiety attack of my life. But nothing happened since than.

Now, for days I have been particularly nervous, my friends are even a little tired about my bad feelings and nervousness.

I am 23. I am a man. And I'm trying to read some books I bought, in a noisy family house.

I am on a medication that really helps anxiety. Why suffer if you don't have to? I used to be really nervous and worry so much it would feel like a knot in my stomache.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
i miss my friend.
RIP Rocky...We love you and miss you.

I am sorry you are missing your friend. I am missing family members who have passed away. Light a candle in their honor and smile at the precious memories you have.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
how do you make the hurt go away when you lose someone?

Its been exactly a year that we had met Rocky for us as a family and I am sure its hitting my son the hardest because they became really good friends.

This is a rough night cause I do not know how to get through it. the mom was over here tonight and is having it rough cause everyone in her family is not mentioning his dissapearence. Makes it worse for her.

We did the candlelight vigil tonight with the mom.

How do you get over a missing friend on anniversary dates? Especially within a year?

I know there are people here who have gone through this [missing releatives]
I can't tsake flowers toi a grave cause its still under investigation.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by beezzer

Great! Now I have a tear in my eye. Thanks a lot! Here I am, trying to be the macho manly man and your post is making me blubber.

God bless ya!

ETA: That tear in my eye thing...I'm not going to turn into a rabbit who doesn't get laid am I? And here I thought things were bad before.

Hey...I can blubber and still have a sense of humor!

Thanks TDawg, I think your safe from turning into a sad bunny that doesn't get laid.

(laughing!)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I just did my yearly Merry Xmas sms to my four siblings.

ROFL.

Now I wait until they return the messages and then Xmas is done.

Sad really but life is like that.

P

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Allaroundyou

Hell, you've identified all your problems and have owned up to them. I would say that is a step in the right direction. But it's also a step down a long hard road. But I think that you are already more than half way there.

As for the girl who says you don't make enough to support her. Let her be and move on. Sounds like a money grubber to me and she herself said it. You are better off without her. A relationship is a two-way street.

I hope that you wake up tomorrow and realize that it's a brand new day. Carpe Diem Baby!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join