It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Great thread, and happy holidays to all. I'm bucking tradition this year and making a Christmas lasagna instead of a turkey. We're also adding to our joy by trying to adopt a new baby today. Her name is Daisy.

Happy times!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My first Holiday alone. Thank you for all the encouraging words everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

congrats, I hope the new addition works out for you. A new pet is always a joy this time of year as long as you plan on one.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
hey hey folks.

Merry xmas, and let's share this one together.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Morning to all, and Merry Christmas, or Merry Christmas Eve depending on where in the world you are.

It's early morning, Dec 25 here, just waiting for Ms. Templar and my eldest daughter to drag herself out of bed half a country away, for our first virtual Christmas. Unfortunately my youngest has already decimated her presents, so we'll have to have a second mock opening shortly.

Wishing everyone the best from a sunny Australia.

Off to cook up bacon and eggs for everyone, on the BBQ of course.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
hey hey folks.

Merry xmas, and let's share this one together.

~Tenth

A Very Merry Christmas to you Tenth (insert thumbs up thingie here).

Des

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Grace, you're a legend. What a beautiful looking friend you've got there. May she forever hold a spot on your lap....

Got me thinking now....

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Had a pit-boxer cross named "Spot" (solid colored) as a kid. Loved that dog. Spot was like that, in your lap one minute, bouncing off the walls the next. Tireless. That dog would NEVER get tired of playing. Was a pretty good farm dog too. Hope you get Daisy a new forever home for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Hey, thanks Templar and Merry Christmas. It's funny -- my fiance has asked for another furry friend for a long while, and when I woke up yesterday I just knew that it was time. I think the doggy soulmates find their way to you when you're ready. 'Waiting for the foster mom to call me back and hoping we can bring Daisy home tonight. I'm crazy with anticipation! It's just goofy.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i'm burnt today from a company Christmas party last night. It was fun the company, the fellowship and camaraderie was good, lots of laughs. Food and booze was great. It was fun.

One of my colleagues and his brother are joke writers but they really suck at it, thinking that all that's needed for a good joke is a pun on words. The poor guy he had his best joke or two typed out and no one laughed until I exclaimed "that's not necessarily funny at all" but we came up with one that really made me smile, it goes - what do you call the tiny face of a baby moray eel? electrocute.

So today is one of those aimless doing anything days and i'm going to go have a nap and get ready to do it all over again tomorrow with some old friends who moved to town, we're having a ham.

And there's going to be a spread of cheeses, patays, dips, chips, special crackers, veggies etc. with lots of beer maybe even games if we decide to be adventurous. It should be fun and i'm looking forward to it and i even have a re-gift from the company Christmas party, a large scented candle and a box of chocolates. Not that all i care about is food and booze mind you, but it's something to talk about that's Christmassy, and i said earlier that i was going to drop in here and share my cheer, and well food and booze and good friendship makes me happy but i'm not an alcoholic don't get me wrong, but i do love a special occasion and a cause for Celebration and what better is there than Christmas.

It's still tiring though, I'm not a spring chicken anymore although not too old at 47. Now i have to rest between parties, to be in a position to party a second time in a space of three days, but i'm counting my blessings that it turned out to be a really nice Christmas this year, and now i get to go curl up in a ball and sleep without any chores or responsibility to do anything at all, and doing nothing really well, without any responsibility, for a day or two, or three, is it's own merriment, imho.

A time to really decompress and shake off all our old worries and concerns which weren't accomplishing anything anyway to begin with.

Merry Christmas, HO HO HO (it IS funny, the true meaning of Christmas, I think),

NAM

edit on 24-12-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Destinyone

Des

Caption: We believe!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lateish (10.00pm) Christmas Eve here, the weather outside is obnoxious but I'm thankful that I'm warm and dry and I hope you guys are or will be soon too!

My thoughts always go out on nights like this to those in the armed forces and those who serve their communities (police, fire, ambulance, doctors, nurses, on call staff for local services etc) - all the stuff we take for granted, so if you are out there on-call and reading this in a break - know you are appreciated

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Okay.

I don't usually pull rank around here, but I have been on this site for 3 years and have never (though nearly) gotten banned! I try and I try to add to the moronic-element of this site and think that I do it quite well!

Well, it's Christmas Eve and I miss my wife and sons like crazy! I know it was of my own doing, it was to get a great job in an awesome part of the country, but. . . . .

I need cheering up NOW!

So snap to it! Chop-chop! (claps hands)

GET IT DONE PEOPLE!
edit on 24-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you.

I'm better now.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Awww, Beezzz!!! Big hugs to you. First, let's start with some of your special oatmeal "raisin" cookies...

These goodies took some *extra effort* to produce, I'm telling you!

Next, let's remember that missing your family is a reminder of how much you love them. I'm sure they appreciate your big job move, and just think of how sweet it will be when you see them again.

Lastly, you saw my other thread about our plans to adopt a doggy. Meet Daisy. All that stands between her and her new forever home is a drive to Berkeley. If this smile doesn't warm your furry little heart, nothing will!

Happy Christmas! You're not alone.

Cheers,

Grace

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Thanks, Grace.

Even the most exuberant bunny gets the blues every now and then. Kind words and I will take them to heart.

So many have it so much worse than the rest of us.

People who have lost loved ones.
People too poor to heat their homes or buy gifts for their children.

Yet they still wake up every day, stand tall and face the world.

Perhaps they are the real role models and show the true gifts of Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Merry Whaaaargarbl bunny.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
My usual silliness aside, I took a moment to take stock in what I have. (The WAAARGARBLE was brilliant by the way)

I, basically, have Christmas every day.

I have a job.
My health.
Most of my hair.
My family.

Now I can sit back, drink my scotch, complain about room service being 5 minutes late with my steak, whine about missing my family, and as I did that (even half jokingly) I took a look at myself and saw a whiny selfish jerk.

I just came back from downstairs where I thanked the staff for all that they did and told them I appreciated them for working through the holiday. (I left a giant tip)

I said a prayer for all those lost this past year. I said a prayer for the families left behind to get through the holidays.

I thanked my God for everything that I had.

Today at work (yes I did work today) I spent some time with some small patients who were stuck in the hospital instead of at home. When I go in tomorrow (yes, I'm working tomorrow) I'll check on them again.

Tonight when I talk to my family, I will tell them how much I miss them, how much they mean to me. I will remind my children that the greatest gift you can give someone is love and respect. Of that I get in abundance everyday from them.

I also want to thank my good friends on this site. (You know who you are) who help this sometimes crazed bunny get through the madness of this world.

Thank you. Thank you all.

Let's have Christmas every day. We can fight and argue and spat. But in the end, we can also respect each other.

God Bless.

beez

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey Beez, take it easy. Try a skype link or similar.

Merry christmas from Aus. It is now 11.14 AM Christmas day. Thinking of starting on the Prawns, big buggers, not those silly little ones.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join