It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ho Ho Horror

neformore

People.... lets be careful out there....

Indeed. Death comes festooned with ribbons and bows!

A Reindëër once bit my sister...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am going to be home alone.

But its ok because i don't gain 10 pounds and can sleep all day.

I never liked to travel on holidays because of the CHP being out at holiday strengths and the DWI checkpoints.

Plus i have a quart of apple pie moonshine so i don't have to go out

edit on 22-12-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank you Kind Sir !

Not because I will be alone for Christmas, actually, this is the first year that I won't be in a very long time but I do remember all those years...and I do remember last year when you posted a similar message and it did me some good

S&F for a great message that needs to be said, year after year !!

And a Merry Christmas to you too ! :up

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

and worth it everytime nef. i know it helped last year

and as i will be alone again this season i thank you again.

i hope everyone reading this gets thru.

we are all hete to help. nevet hesitate to msg

okc here. upgraded from car to van this year. and headed to galveston on christmas eve.

see you all on the beach!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

OnionHead
Those of you who are going to be alone should just all meet up and spend Christmas together. Post up pics after

As long as there's plenty of drink it'll be excellent

im willing to hit any parties between okc and galveston. especially if anyone has nothing going on new years in the galveston/houston area.

hope i break no t&c

if this is u msg me

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I will be fortunate enough to have about 24 hours off of work to see my family and my fiance's family. It's not what I'm used to, but it's something. I'll be thinking about all of my extended ATS family during these holidays. Believe me, you can be surrounded by people, but still feel very alone. I'll be sending some goodwill and cheer to all of you.

Lots of hugs to all.

-TS

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind gesture and reassurance. I will not be alone for Christmas but my situation of being unemployed and worried sick about bills, rent, and other responsibilities will make it difficult to truly relax and enjoy the holiday season. All I can do I believe is try to enjoy the moment and be thankful that I am blessed with the ability to have that moment. Thank you again and merry Christmas to you and everyone else here. Oh, thank you A.T.S for helping bring people together on this site at times like these. It really makes a difference.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Majic
A Reindëër once bit my sister...

Oh ohhhhhhh! Double umlaut! Oh! It’s a double umlaut all the way. Whoa, that’s so intense! Whoa! Man! Wow! Whoa, Uh, Whoa, Oh, Whoa Oh OH!

That's so metal.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Dear fellow users... I want to share a story that may sound petty but is one that has only recently been eating my mind away to the point that I can't handle it most days. I am only 25, 12 days from 26 years of age. My family has disowned me for a reason that I brought about myself. But it's been five years since said time but man I miss them. I have two jobs but only make enough to pay my bills. The local hospital has been garnishing more than half my wages for 4 months now and I am frightful of losing my home soon. The one girl I truly do have feelings for has told me I don't make enough to support her. Every time I look at the mirror I see someone that I truly hate and I cant shake it. The only reason I hate myself is because I did all these things to my self and I am the only one that can fix these things. But I feel like i'm so far down the hole I can't. A word of wisdom I could truly use. please

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Allaroundyou

Been there. Done that. Still here.

You literally have to take it one day at a time. Make sure you are warm, make sure you are fed, stay off booze and other stuff and pick it up one small piece at a time.

Set yourself one goal a day, and make sure you do it. That way you are achieving all the time. Don't try and do everything at once - take it all in small chunks and you'll soon be on your own two feet and standing tall knowing that everything you do has a purpose.

Even if its a small thing, its an achievement.

And be nice to people. Even those you don't know. You'll be amazed at how far a little polite conversation and a smile will go.

Most of all, don't give up. Times may be bad now, but they WILL pick up again.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You may not be able to change the things you have done in the past, but you can change the present and the future. Contact your family and apologise for the past. Tell them you are doing the best that you can right now and that you miss and love them. Love goes a long way and makes quite an impact in our lives and that of others. Big hug!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the sentiment Nef, yet again. I always knew you were a stand up guy. Whatever Semper says about you.

I'll be here off and on Xmas eve and day. Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

hey im 35 and have been homeless the better part of 3 years

get a nice van.

work ina trade under the table to aavoid gov entanglements. i suggest electrician

forget being happy until the revolution . unless u do the above. and we will meet at seawall and 45

i can go on and on about um urban camping , if u will.

its hatd to let go of the material. but once u do it can be very liberating.

any questions?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
double post
edit on 22-12-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
my girlfriend is with her mom in ireland for christmas so it's just me and Alice (my cat). happy xmas ATS!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow. I sometimes think I'd long for a holiday that didn't see me all over the southeast US, visiting all the family and friends.

I'll be spending Christmas in north Georgia with the family, as usual. We'll be doing all manner of unseemly redneck things. I expect there will be late night bull sessions, overeating, probably some hunting, maybe some horse riding. The kids will bemoan the lack of high speed internet, the horror of being in the mountains, the evil of no mall being within driving distance.

I'll try to drop in. We'll be around the fire. Hopefully it'll snow.

eta: frankly, the weatherman says no. I seem to remember it snowing EVERY year for Christmas when I was a yoot. Maybe I'm wrong.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Funny how I never noticed this before...I had been a lurker since
the beginning & finally joined March 2010...
I am sorry I never noticed a spot for us loners maybe should say singles.
I am so thankful to see that I'm not the only one, especially that enjoys
our discussions.
I will pop in for sure!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

beezzer
If you look at my join date, you'll find that 3 years ago I found myself alone.

This years finds me the same way.

So I'll be on.

Santa is here in spirit beezzer (see avatar) so i know those are tears of joy in your eyes, not sorrow.

I don't think we're truly ever alone alone, but it's nice to have a cyber-space to share the moment of Christmas. This thread always just totally rocks every year i look forward to following it.

I've been alone that last couple of years but this year lucky for me some old friends moved into town so i'll have others and cheer, but i will think back on fellow ATS'ers may my Christmas cheer overflow to here on that day, with you in the spirit of father Christmas and the spirit of the Lord (same diff as far as i'm concerned).

May all who are alone allow the spirit of fellowship to overflow and reach you wherever you may be this Christmas.

You are not alone, even if you're alone, when the spirit touches you and helps to launch you into a better year with joy and opportunities for fellowship as yet unexplored.

With love, and merriment, tears of sorrow and of joy,

NAM

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
All I can say is I am very thankful!
Last fall I happened to come across & reunite with my literal next
door neighbors from ~ 40 yrs ago. What a blessing since I do not know
anyone here where I have lived for the past 5 yrs due to finances & not
being able to afford to go out...me animals come 1st.

Anyway I had a total hip replacement end of Aug & my friend not only
took me to the hospital but waited until I was out of recovery, she phoned
me mum & visited every day, & brought me home. She's the same age as me
mum & her daughter is my age( also lives here...found them on FB thru
my sister as I donnot do FB)
I spent thanksgiving with the whole family(I call my extended family) & I will go there on
Christmas Eve for Christmas dinner.
So I am forever thankful during my hard times to be so fortunate!

Cheers
Ektar
I will be here!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nice job neformore!Don't ever stop doing this. When it comes right down to it each other is all we ever really have and we need that to survive and to live especially through holidays like Christmas! All the love,brother,all the love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join