It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thanks .. thoughtful intentions always appreciated ...
I wont be alone this xmas, thanks to my new family

reply to post by PhoenixOD

Good for you ... God Bless .. Hope your dad bounces back ... have a good one

edit on 22-12-2013 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So, its the Sunday before Christmas and I've just stepped into the real world for a while to get some stuff in and was pleasantly surprised at how relatively quiet it was - I guess we have the internet to thank for that BUT, I did get stuck in traffic waiting to get into a busy retail park and have suffered a first-world injury - I have seriously bruised a couple of my finger joints drumming hard on the steering wheel to "Stockholm Syndrome" by Muse and its struck me that its a DANGEROUS world out there folks this Christmas - paper cuts, sticky tape embarrassment, car-park aggression and self-service till punch ups to name but a few!!

People.... lets be careful out there....

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Those of you who are going to be alone should just all meet up and spend Christmas together. Post up pics after

As long as there's plenty of drink it'll be excellent

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Thank you. Christmas and the holidays have been a hard time for me for a few years now. I go to the family's and put on a fake smile and muddle through it, then after my daughter goes to her dad's, I am on my own. I don't have to be, but I choose to be. Something happened a few years ago, and it is just too hard to put on a front for long. I guess some emotional scars take longer to heal, and some never do.

Very thoughtful of you, and love to the rest of us who are alone, by choice or not.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'll be alone as well since my son just flew to another state to be with his girlfriend for christmas. i dont even have decorations. we moved to another state and had to leave a lot of things behind; those being one of them.

so i'll do my best to be on here that day. the offer is lovely, thank you

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to you all.

I know it can be a very difficult time of year for some more than others. This will be the first Christmas without my wonderful Father-in-law, who sadly passed in the summer, but he always kept Christmas well.

I shall be popping in and out of here over the next week and hoping to contribute to the best forum on tinter-web.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well I won't be alone on Christmas, I'm at a friends for a few days. He recently lost his mother due to cancer, he is an only child (we are 28) doesn't speak to his dad and only has his nan left in his family. His fiancé lives with him who also is a friend.

I've never been alone at Christmas but in 2010 my mother also passed away from the dreaded c. Christmas 2010 was horrible as my mum passed in October, no one really was interested just because of what had happened that added with a few family issues with extended family.

However on a lighter note over 3 years of being here I like to see I am getting recognised and it's feels nice seeing familiar names I've got use to. I've ventured into the chat room a little while ago. What I'm trying to say is ATS is a good place to have a chat it is a pleasure to come here sometimes

I'll be on over Christmas i log in to ATS daily, I maybe highly under the influence of alcohol so just a slight warning

Other than that I'll take this chance to wish everyone a happy festive season no matter what religion you are or what beliefs you may have

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well I'm not alone there is 6 of us at my house, one of my sisters lives next door so theirs 6 there too, all teenagers. I'm very thankful and I know I'm blessed.

I just found out Friday that i have a impressive lower lumbar disk rupture so I'll be celebrating the holidays with vicodin, flexeril and a butt load of pain while I'm waiting to have surgery.

merry Christmas ats

edit on 22-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wheather alone or with family and friends; please remember....

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am Welsh but do not speak Welsh, puts me in the majority I know, but all the same...

Nadolig llawen

And...

blwyddyn newydd dda

Whether you are alone or with family or friends

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

Wow what an adorable pup!!
I am a dog person and always have been, they make great family. Sometimes better than real. Lol
They dont talk about you until you walk into the room, no judgement, they dont want to take a million pics to post to FB, and they dont tell embarrassing stories about their owners (they do see us at our worst), and there is no trying to one up each other.

They are loving loyal companions. Glad to see you'll have your Best friend with you for the holidays.

I propose a holiday challenge ATSers who has the cutest holiday pets?
Dog people or cat people ? Upload here

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Nice gesture..i prefer to be alone...maybe ill hop on ...we should all meet in chat....i got a few stories to tell haha.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

olaru12

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!

Couldn't agree more not only could you ruin your life you can ruin others too

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Please remember the ones who can't be there for the holidays with their families. Firemen, EMTs, Police officers, Health care workers, and our troops - here and all over the world.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If anyone would like to pinch hit at my wife's religious side of the family let me know. I'd prefer to stay with the Kentucky side of her family and get piss faced drunk all day.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know that someday on Christmas day both my OH and a friend will disappear into the dreaded Candy-Crush game and will spend 4 hours in mono-symbolic grunting. I will be here!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As I am a truck driver, I will be one of the alone ones, so I might as well be here with my ats friends or at least reading the latest posts, happy holidays

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I live alone but a parent moved down the street from me and she'll want me to visit. I do. I do not know how much longer she'll be around. Then I'll probably feel more alone. However it seems like I rarely notice because I like taking over the world on my time off on my pc. Time flies by (taking over the world takes time
) and then I have to go back to work. I have a bunch of brothers and sisters and even more nephews and nieces but I rarely see them anymore.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by locoequine

I read that twice and I simply have no idea what you wrote. I assume OH is other half.
candy crush?
mono-symbolic grunting? I read that as moans and groans but if my first assumption is correct it really can't be right unless ........?

I am confused. Now I should put in one of the sickly green faces but I have no idea which one is 'confused' it could be
or
but they both look like they drank way too much.

LOL

P

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Will be alone, but I think I will be checking ATS to kill the boredom...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join