It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well sir thank you for your concern but what kind of red blooded american would I be if I was worried about so called "calories" .

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

nixie_nox

cody599
Guys

I had a lovely day and it was a privilege to cook for the family and watch them open their presents

But I got the present of a lifetime and would like to share it with you

My present from my sister................................. After too many years in a wheelchair she stood and walked albeit aided to me with her gift.

A kiss to say thanks

I'm welling up as I type this

I've gotta go I can't see the screen

May Christmas bring you all a miracle as well

Cody

That is truly awesome. All I want for Christmas is my missing kitty, Coal , to come home

If you don't mind me asking, why hasn't she been able to walk? And what has aided this transformation?

OK so it's now Christmas day in the USA so to all our American cousins

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

May your days be filled with love and joy and laughter.

The problem was a series of botched operations on her tendons in her calves

The transformation was thanks to a very modern surgeon that wanted to try out some new technique before she'd even consider my sister's request for amputation.

The results are nothing short of miraculous. She won't be running any marathons, but just to see her stand was incredible, but actually walk simply WOW.

Cody

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Des, Bedlam & Dirt
Thank you for the awesome recipes! I copied & saved
them in my ATS Cooking File.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

CitizenJack
reply to post by Bedlam

Well sir thank you for your concern but what kind of red blooded american would I be if I was worried about so called "calories" .

I'll be paying for my sins at Thanksgiving and Christmas up until summer, I'm afraid. Alas. I'll be the beardy salt and pepper guy at the FSS track with the "COB" shirt.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I've still been working on it, thank you everyone for the nice words and company on Christmas ATS you all are wonderful!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

In-depth introspection I would guess. Well done, with a lot of subtle emotion showing. I like it...a lot (insert thumbs up thingie here).

Thank you for sharing your creation with us. That was a fine Christmas Gift, indeed.

Des

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I just erased half of it because I was off a good eighth to a quarter inch on the screen and hand display on the lower right causing the other screen and subtle features on the head to also not resonate correctly so had to erase all of that and restart. =( I dont usually post finished pieces online for 2 reasons firstly being Im never happy with them even if they are correct and 2nd they wont compete with others as everyone always has to be better. I will show in process or half completes as no one can say one thing or the other. I was once offered a ton of money for my sketch diary of the war I was an 0311 and had photos intel reports and other things that backed up my sketch book from my down time but I turned that down as well. I thought it would make people happy though to see what I was doing on Christmas and I am glad that people actually liked that

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hope you all had a merry christmas. After the amount of food gobbled up looks like Santa gave me a muffin top for Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

if that muffin top comes with a tommy gun Id say we should be in love???

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well, it's gone for another year, love it or hate it.

For those of you that were alone in some way over the "festive" period trust that you drew some comfort from the fact that you weren't alone, there are a lot of you out there, and that knowing ATS members were concerned enough to post.

It's taught me a couple of things.

I, and I am sure others, will still be around at New Year and during the year. Can't solve all your problems for sure, but hey, we can sure as he'll listen or provide advice.

So keep talking, don't keep it to yourselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

I'll be here for New Year. Its a crazy falsehood to me - just another number.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I will definitely be here for New Years! In fact I even re-read the title of the
thread to make sure this didn't end after Christmas.
I am thankful we are all here together & will be sharing Bubbly....Thank You!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

neformore
Well, I'm on the receiving end of no presents at all today apart from what I treat myself with.

Maybe tomorrow eh?

Whoa there! Not so fast! I wrote a thread on Christmas Day (as promised on page 2 of this thread) and put a special Edgar Allan Poe quote at the top just for you! Just for you!!

I'm guessing your name comes from 'Quoth the raven...'?

So like it or not, you did get a present, albeit a rubbish one!

B x

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Then I thank you

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You're most welcome. Just wait to see what I dredge up for you out of the Hogmanay music archives for New Years Day!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

I am looking forward to your music. What style is it? I enjoy several
artist & many styles of music if they are good.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Don't forget to display your finished art in the member art forum!

I had no idea charcoals were that maleable.

You can erase or charcoal over and correct the pictures?

Member Art

edit on 30/12/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: add link

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

It is a technique called reverse chalk where you subdue your whole piece with dark chalk or charcoal and you use an eraser to not draw but block out highlights and then you can go back and redefine value with whatever you want. Actually I am still currently working on the same piece as i had to change all kinds of proportional mmistakes along with value issues that arose from changes in sizes and perspective. Here is progress but I am so much farther along then the pic here

I also wanted to add this is a life sized piece 18x24in

edit on 30-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I usually prefer life size or larger in terms of art

me and a current oil painting I am doing

For better view

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Something Scottish and fitting for Hogmanay! Don't get too excited...

I'll look for a few, just in case!

B x

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join