It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That sounds amazing. You out did yourself bedlam.
I'm going to print this up so that I can keep this one around.
I gotta ask where did this recipe come from?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

CitizenJack

CJ, we've been making this thing since I can remember. Traditionally, it's been me since I sort of ended up being the breakfast and dessert guy amongst the brothers. When you hit 12 in our family, you assumed some part of the cooking function, Mom and Dad did very little cooking or cleaning. We rotated between KP, prep, meal planning and cooking. I'm way better with baking and dairy than veggies.

The original recipe called for clabber as an ingredient. I've never seen the original recipe. There was a hand copy of wherever the original came from that had yellowed and fallen nearly to bits that Mom brought along when she married Dad, I do the thing from memory these days. The title was "Cajun Chocolate Cake", what's cajun about it I couldn't say. Maybe great granddad knifed a chef in New Orleans and stole it.

eta:

There actually IS a Cajun cake recipe I do called a "dump cake" which is much better than it sounds, but this is not a dump cake.
edit on 25-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thank you, each and every one who contributed to this thread.
I'm not alone but had a few minutes to relax and was drawn to it by the Christmas Poem thread.
I've got tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard and from reading some of the sad posts.
I've been feeling a bit gloomy because an accident recently put me on crutches and radically altered our Christmas plans. If laughter is the best medicine I'm well on my way to recovery!
Thanks and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

ETA: About that peppermint "shine"; thanks for reminding me. That was one of my grandfather's standard remedies for cough or toothache.
My homebrew for this year is a cranberry/clementine cordial. Grind 2 cups fresh cranberries and 2 clementines in a blender with 2 cups of your chosen spirits (I used vodka because it's waaaay cheaper than 'shine in our area.) Add in some sugar, some people say a cup. I used agave nectar, about 3/4 cup. Pour the mix into a jar and put it in the pantry for at least a month. Strain through cheese cloth and enjoy!
edit on 25-12-2013 by diggindirt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

been making more progress, whos got a beer for me I saw something earlier about some rum too, pass one this way and Ill share some of these cookies, just don't think nothing of it I ate all the heads off the ginger bread men

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I'll loan ya a rumball ... ah okay, you don't have to give it back ... your picture was worth it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thanks bro lol I need a break if i were to post a pic of me right now yall would think for certain santa brought me a ton of coal this year as I am covered head to toe in black chalk and charcoal haha.

(exchanges cookie for rum ball)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

That would be "sis" but that's okay

I tried charcoals once and had more on myself than on the paper ... and ended up with a smeary mess picture and never tried them again. Charcoals are TOUGH!

But you new body paint uuum ... goes with your avie.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm enjoying the solitude. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Bedlam

CitizenJack

CJ, we've been making this thing since I can remember. Traditionally, it's been me since I sort of ended up being the breakfast and dessert guy amongst the brothers. When you hit 12 in our family, you assumed some part of the cooking function, Mom and Dad did very little cooking or cleaning. We rotated between KP, prep, meal planning and cooking. I'm way better with baking and dairy than veggies.

The original recipe called for clabber as an ingredient. I've never seen the original recipe. There was a hand copy of wherever the original came from that had yellowed and fallen nearly to bits that Mom brought along when she married Dad, I do the thing from memory these days. The title was "Cajun Chocolate Cake", what's cajun about it I couldn't say. Maybe great granddad knifed a chef in New Orleans and stole it.

eta:

There actually IS a Cajun cake recipe I do called a "dump cake" which is much better than it sounds, but this is not a dump cake.
edit on 25-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

Ya we had a decent amount of kinds in our house and we all divied up responsibilities . My sis is actually the baker in our family . I'm actually better with meat and veggies , but took onto to experimenting with baking. At first it wasnt very pretty.... I had alot of failed experiments.

My mom taught us how to cook with out recipes , however if you dont understand baking the chemistry can get screwed up fairly easy. So when it came to baking I started out with recipes so I eased into baking.
But this sounds amazing I cant wait to try and make this.

When the family ask me what kind of cake this is at the next function I'll tell them its Bedlam cake.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Cant say ive ever used body paint but id try anything at least once or twice

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

Hey dirt nice to see you made it , better late than never.
Glad to have ya, and that you enjoyed yourself.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

It is a lot of trouble to do but it is seriously over the top good. You cannot eat it alone. You will die from calories if you try.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Brotherman

Brotherman

I am covered head to toe in black chalk and charcoal haha.

(exchanges cookie for rum ball)

Okay how about "Body Chalk" - is that better?

*blocks cookie and adds it to carb restricted list*

Here's your cookie back with "interest" and a glass of milk to dip it in.

Thanks for sharing your artwork with us. That's a whole lot more special that a picture somebody grabs off the web and posts.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Brotherman

Oh yes...I will go there. Chocolate body paint...chocolate.

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No worries, I had to take a break from it so thought I would share it with everyone here and then add progress so if yall were bored you guys can be the first to see this develop, its still got a long long way to go. Come to think of it, Ill probably still be on this clear into the new year

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Interesting sentiment, where does one purchase such "paint" ? cant say ive seen that in the art department at the local college book store

edit on 25-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Awesome cake recipe Bedlam. It's saved to my *Granny made me do it* recipe file.

Thanks!

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Brotherman

Interesting sentiment, where does one purchase such "paint" ? cant say ive seen that in the art department at the local college book store

edit on 25-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

Merry Christmas!

Kama Sutra Chocolate Body Paint

www.amazon.com...

Des

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Bedlam

Awesome cake recipe Bedlam. It's saved to my *Granny made me do it* recipe file.

Thanks!

Des

You have to make it at least once. It is easily the best chocolate cake I have ever had, but it is so rich it's mind numbing.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

once i get someone to paint ill pic some up and post pics Ill add Des made me do it jk

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join