It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

CitizenJack
reply to post by Destinyone

I must say your comment about the shine really got me interested.
My mom and here boyfriend have been making it for a few years now. I've had apple, cherry , straight, tomato, and a couple of other varieties . But candy cane.... ???

I shootin her a text right now
Thanks for the idea, merry x-mas des.

I have never had shine. I have always wanted to try it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

cody599
Guys

I had a lovely day and it was a privilege to cook for the family and watch them open their presents

But I got the present of a lifetime and would like to share it with you

My present from my sister................................. After too many years in a wheelchair she stood and walked albeit aided to me with her gift.

A kiss to say thanks

I'm welling up as I type this

I've gotta go I can't see the screen

May Christmas bring you all a miracle as well

Cody

That is truly awesome. All I want for Christmas is my missing kitty, Coal , to come home

If you don't mind me asking, why hasn't she been able to walk? And what has aided this transformation?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

I've had apple, cherry, plain & peach. Oh forgot about the strawberry but they added
to much sugar for me.
How's the tomato that sounds interesting. Maybe we should have
Pumpkin Pie! I bloody bet there already is one! & even an Egg Nog Shine.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

cody599
Guys

I had a lovely day and it was a privilege to cook for the family and watch them open their presents

But I got the present of a lifetime and would like to share it with you

My present from my sister................................. After too many years in a wheelchair she stood and walked albeit aided to me with her gift.

A kiss to say thanks

I'm welling up as I type this

I've gotta go I can't see the screen

May Christmas bring you all a miracle as well

Cody

That's beautiful, Cody.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well nixie i'll tell ya it's the cats pajama's if you like strong stiff drinks.
But ya gotta be careful and bring your wits with you. Shine has a reputation for lowering inhibitions and judgment.... lots of regrets for some folks I know

Not this fella tho, I tend to stick to holidays and occasions for the drinks. Or perhaps the ever elusive night out.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

The tomato was very crisp and clean, I had it last christmas actually.
This year mom had maraschino cherries soaked in moonshine then frozen and covered in dark chocolate.

Yep we get spoiled when we visit moms lol.

FYI I love your idea about the pumpkin pie moonshine, cuz I love me some pumpkin pie.
edit on 25-12-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Here's how to make Peppermint Christmas Shine. Just substitute Shine for the vodka....

This would make a wonderful holiday gift. Drink it straight or mixed in with some hot chocolate for a decedent cup of adult good cheer!!!

PEPPERMINT VODKA OR Christmas Shine.

1 - 1.75 liter of vodka
1 package of candy canes
1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)

-Using a food processor, grind up all the unwrapped candy canes to a very fine powder.
-Using a funnel, add the vodka to a peppermint vodka bottle of your choice.
-Dry the funnel completely and use it again to SLOWLY funnel the powdery candy cane mixture into the bottle.
**TIP - Do not do it the other way around as I did. I added the candy cane powder first and then the vodka. All that did was form a hard candy mass at the bottom of the bottle that is still taking a long time to dissolve. If you add the vodka first, the candy cane powder will dissolve as you slowly add it into the bottle. Learn from my mistakes people
-Allow the mixture to sit for a few days and then take a small taste test to determine if you need more peppermint flavor. If so, add the peppermint extract.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Ektar

Here's how to make Peppermint Christmas Shine. Just substitute Shine for the vodka....

This would make a wonderful holiday gift. Drink it straight or mixed in with some hot chocolate for a decedent cup of adult good cheer!!!

PEPPERMINT VODKA OR Christmas Shine.

1 - 1.75 liter of vodka
1 package of candy canes
1 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)

-Using a food processor, grind up all the unwrapped candy canes to a very fine powder.
-Using a funnel, add the vodka to a peppermint vodka bottle of your choice.
-Dry the funnel completely and use it again to SLOWLY funnel the powdery candy cane mixture into the bottle.
**TIP - Do not do it the other way around as I did. I added the candy cane powder first and then the vodka. All that did was form a hard candy mass at the bottom of the bottle that is still taking a long time to dissolve. If you add the vodka first, the candy cane powder will dissolve as you slowly add it into the bottle. Learn from my mistakes people
-Allow the mixture to sit for a few days and then take a small taste test to determine if you need more peppermint flavor. If so, add the peppermint extract.

I love it , thank you des. I think this would be awesome with that cup of coffee or hot chocolate on christmas morning.

This is going right to mom.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just been on Skype for over an hour and a half with two of my oldest friends. Technology at its finest and great to be able to catch up on today of all days.

I hope you guys are all OK and coping well - I've had a quiet but pleasant day pottering about watching TV and playing the odd MMORPG (currently well into World of Tanks)- cooked far too much food for one person to ever eat (leftovers will last for days!!!) and am gearing up for a long day of traveling tomorrow to see my folks.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Bedlam

So, it was your shooting I heard late last night up here on the mountain top, in the Blue Ridge Mountains where I live.

I raise a jelly jar of Christmas shine to you Dear Friend. It was too quiet anyway.

It might have been me firing an anvil.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't know if its my age or not, but as I was eating earlier I just found myself deeply saddened by the idea that - in this day and age, with all our pomp and technology and supposed "civilised" society, that there are homeless people out there sleeping rough today.

We don't realise how priviledged we really are. We're really not "alone" on the internet.

Its a sobering thought isn't it?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

What did ya cook? I'm ok with left overs.
I'll pay for shipping and you can go ahead and send it my way. Cant beat home cooking.
Although I've never ventured into english food. Isnt everything in england in pie form???

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

neformore
I don't know if its my age or not, but as I was eating earlier I just found myself deeply saddened by the idea that - in this day and age, with all our pomp and technology and supposed "civilised" society, that there are homeless people out there sleeping rough today.

We don't realise how priviledged we really are. We're really not "alone" on the internet.

You are right. I drive through the "homeless community" or the underpass of a bridge everyday, and it could be much worse.

On our honeymoon, we had a day trip to Jamaica. After a few hours, all we wanted to do was start a human and animal welfare rescue. It was abysmal.

Huge mansions on the hilltops, while the people live below in nothing but whatever scrap washed up on the beach. The school was three cinderblock walls and a dirt floor.

So we are just thankful for running water and electricity. With the exception of a few areas like Appalachia and some parts of the south, Americans really don't know what poverty is.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

neformore

It's too bad (as I've been guilty of this as well) that we only think of them during the holidays when it's year round for them.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

CitizenJack

We had turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed taterses, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, deer sausage, purple hull peas, some sort of congealed salad (I don't eat Jello), a nice green salad, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, and a Cajun chocolate cake I make from scratch that takes hours to do (it's filled with whipped cream and a candy filling with dates, raisins and nuts).

We're all in a coma still.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

beezzer

neformore

It's too bad (as I've been guilty of this as well) that we only think of them during the holidays when it's year round for them.

in my case, they never let me forget them. XD

I get panhandled at every intersection, at every gas station, in front of Walmart. It is really awful. If someone gets creative, I might give a dollar.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I had leftover General Tsos.

I might make me some steak n eggs later, though.
edit on 25-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Roast beef and a combination of Roast potatoes and bolied potatoes in garlic and rosemary, with carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn and peas.

The beef joint is huge... gonna last me for days LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

CitizenJack

Although I've never ventured into english food. Isnt everything in england in pie form???

LMAO! Seems that way doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Bedlam

CitizenJack

We had turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed taterses, broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, homemade cranberry sauce, deer sausage, purple hull peas, some sort of congealed salad (I don't eat Jello), a nice green salad, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, and a Cajun chocolate cake I make from scratch that takes hours to do (it's filled with whipped cream and a candy filling with dates, raisins and nuts).

We're all in a coma still.

That right there makes me jealous , I had a bachelor's christmas feast.
Cornbeef hash (from a can) and Toad in a hole for breakfeast.
Pizza for supper.
This cake you speak of sounds sinful, hope you said ten hail mary's before eating it.

neformore

Roast beef and a combination of Roast potatoes and bolied potatoes in garlic and rosemary, with carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn and peas.

The beef joint is huge... gonna last me for days LOL

That sounds delightful , when will the internet be able to send food messages
. One day this will be possible, until then I'll just wipe the dribble off my check.

nixie_nox

CitizenJack

LMAO! Seems that way doesn't it?

It does seem that way , I think Nef actually left out the fact he put all those ingredients in a pie because he doesnt want to fill any sterotypes

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join