It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you happen to be alone over the Festive period....

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I know how you feel. My three are doing the rounds of the girlfriends parents. I had them yesterday. Of course they dropped in for half an hour this morning but not quite the same thing. Still, it is difficult for them and they have to spread their wings and fly off to live their lives at some point.

Part of being a parent and getting older.

Still, this is a good place to be except for one thread that had my blood boiling.

Have a good day.

P

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Merry Christmas to you all! And big cyber hugs to anyone who wants em!

Hoping we all have a fantastic holiday season and New Year!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies. It is almost 1 am where I am at and my son just now went to sleep! Little stinker. Woke up and struggled to go back to sleep so maybe I'll be so tired tomorrow I won't notice. No - I'll notice. But it will be a fun morning so I'll take in what Time I have before he heads out to be independent of me.

I read about the Canada ice storm/power outage. Makes me grateful for the stuff I take for granted right now (ability to stay warm/cook a meal). I'm sending good energy that way. Candles won't cut it for this night. It's really chilly and I'm only about 120 miles from the border. Let's hope they get the power up and running there.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
To those for whom the OP began

You can see you are not alone on here, especially today

Absorb the affection and care that is offered

I hope that whatever ails you you realise you can share it

Merry Christmas to you and the rest of ATS

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Although I'm with my family and hardly alone, I'd like to take this relatively quiet time for my extended ATS family and wish you all.

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

I'll be on ATS on and off through the day, on the usual threads for me, but wanted to take time to make sure I got chance to tell you all you are not alone, you are with us in our hearts and will be included in the blessing and toast at lunch.

May your day be blessed with love and laughter

Cody

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well it's just after 7pm here on Christmas Day, I guess all those in the US and Europe will be getting close to that morning or just in it, so from down under I say happy tidings and have fun with all the kiddies, big and small getting lots of pressies today.

It was a little strange watching presents getting opened over the internet, but I had my youngest here for the morning. I said 7am before any presents could be opened, but after rising at 6am it went a little by the wayside...

Big respect and much love to everyone here, especially our gracious host Nef for giving us one-somes a chance to be a little less lonely with our extended (and sometimes dysfunctional) ATS family. As for this old warhorse, it's time for the after-party snooze.

Merry Christmas to all.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks Templar

Just starting my day here, I'm like a big kid.
Enjoy your nap

Cody

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
G'day all. Well xmas over here for the time being. Dinners, grog etc. Winding down catching up on this thread. Hope all goes well with you mob on the other side of the world.

My kindest regards for xmas,

Bally

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Merry christmas everyone. Thinking of u all

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

eNaR
reply to post by neformore

Christmas used to be fun, but as I get older and so too those around me, the crankiness sets in, the major faults of people drowning out the good, the "I know everything, you don't so shut up" coming out.

I wish I were alone then all I'd have is myself to argue with......

Btw, my good points drown out my bad AND Christmas is for kids, adults need not attend.

Wow...why am I discovering that as I get older. Great times but I tend to sit in the background nowadays,, but then I wouldn't like to be alone. I enjoy my families happiness but at times I can't understand the younger ones concept of xmas.

Its like you can talk to them but they have another agenda for the day. Sigh. Ohh... for a backyard cricket game, Bar be Que and childrens laughter all day.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I am alone today, and unusually sad as i typically don't care much for tradition. I do hope that you all enjoy your holidays and family. I really love this community thank you for everything ats
edit on 25-12-2013 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Merry Christmas Tech

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Merry Christmas. No need to be sad - the world has a way of filling the vacuum of loneliness in its own way soon enough

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

cody599

I'm not a dog person, but this is so stinkin' adorable that I want to mush on the puppy & say "Awwww" compulsively, lol. Animals make the best comedy picture subjects.

We'll do our best to lift your spirits today

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's 4 am here in San Fran and I am wide awake! 'Fell asleep early last night in the arms of the man I love, giggling like schoolchildren after sipping bubbly and watching old movies by a crackling fire. Merry Christmas! Has anyone here made the naughty list?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Nyiah,
I wouldn't mush too hard, looks like the lil guy might be full, you don't want an Xmas shower from him.

I just finished a sleepy skype call for the day. Now I'm happy. I'll be having lunch out this afternoon and leaving a huge tip for my server just for putting up with the crowds today.

Merry Christmas everybody, let's make the New Year a better one.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Yeah it does kind of make you go

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Cody

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

TechniXcality

I am alone today, and unusually sad as i typically don't care much for tradition. I do hope that you all enjoy your holidays and family. I really love this community thank you for everything ats
edit on 25-12-2013 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

Hey Tech

Have some random dancing to cheer you up a bit

This always makes me smile

Have a Merry Christmas

Cody

edit on 25/12/13 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

graceunderpressure
It's 4 am here in San Fran and I am wide awake! 'Fell asleep early last night in the arms of the man I love, giggling like schoolchildren after sipping bubbly and watching old movies by a crackling fire. Merry Christmas! Has anyone here made the naughty list?

Mum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you made it here

Happy Christmas to you and dad.
Hope it is all could wish for (((Hugs)))

Prodigal son

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi, Son. It wouldn't be Christmas without a hullo from your old Mum, now would it?
It also wouldn't be an ATS Christmas without some dancing monkeys. Well done!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join