It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did GLAAD mess with the wrong duck? Could this be a tipping point in the culture wars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

daskakik

beezzer
Are you afraid of answering my question?

No, I honestly don't think it would happen and that is why I will say, again, that your analogy is inaccurate.
edit on 22-12-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

You still won't answer the question.

Which, in itself, is an answer.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

daskakik
If it can't happen, gotta have faith in the mods, then the question is moot.

Except this is an example of it actually happening, only in real life where it actually matters.

Then imagine them saying your boss at your RL job better come out against you or they are next on the hit list.
edit on 22-12-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Please, the answer is yes but, it doesn't apply to the situation in the OP, so my point about your analogy being moot is valid.

So, even if you could do it in our little circle it doesn't mean that that is what is happening over at A&E.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Except this is an example of it actually happening, only in real life where it actually matters.

Is it or are they all laughing about all the publicity that they are getting?

We don't have proof to come to that conclusion either.

That is all I'm saying.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by beezzer

Please, the answer is yes but, it doesn't apply to the situation in the OP, so my point about your analogy being moot is valid.

So, even if you could do it in our little circle it doesn't mean that that is what is happening over at A&E.

Yes?

Your answer is yes?

(I wasn't expecting that.)

So you agree to selective banning of free speech based on individual ideology?

*wow*

Thanks for your honest answer. But I didn't expect to be talking to someone from DHS.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

daskakik

OccamsRazor04

That is all I'm saying.

GLAAD threatening Duck sponsors is not a publicity stunt. This is serious.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Rosha

Well ....

RoshaI think had Robertson said " To me xyz is a sin" or " according to my faith and belief xyz is a sin" before his original comment, none of this would have gained the slightest bit of traction and GLAAD would not have a leg to stand on. But he didn't and so, they do.

The issue GLAAD is raising is legitimate.

To which I have replied over and over that is EXACTLY what he did. Phil claimed his beliefs on homosexuality are according to his faith and belief in the Bible.

Sorry, you don't get to say crap and then act like you didn't.

Phil said the Bible teaches xyz is wrong, I believe the Bible, xyz is wrong.

Ok ok... I see you must be very slow...so I will be very very very clear.

A preface is.....a statement.... made at.....the BEGINNING .....or the introduction.......of an argument...or when presenting a view point... or making...... a proposition.

He didn't do that. Go read the article. He mentions the bible and god only towards the end in a lame attempt to support his words, that is LAST, not first...and so NOT a preface as I described. And he does this god ramble only after he has spewed a series of sickeningly abusive and unqualified, un-prefaced bigoted statements for over two pages. That's akin to a robber robbing a bank and then going to church later to thank God for it!

Go see the quotes I sent in reply to you. Not one ownership/preface statement is there before those two paragraphs begin.

And Occum. You can go jump and take your manipulative little game back to the play pen where it belongs. You are acting like a troll deliberately twisting peoples words for your kink, and I'm not buying into it any longer.
I have said nothing I have not backed up or stood behind. It is very clear you've not got the grey matter capacity to step out of your own single mindedness to even comprehend what I was speaking about in the first place.
My mistake, I will own that - because I can - that's what being a grown up means.

ciao.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

daskakik

OccamsRazor04

That is all I'm saying.

Wait a sec. What if it was meant to be a publicity stunt ... and then the poop hit the fan? Now we've got a CT!! Did A&E see this conclusion being drawn the whole time ... and expect to collect damages ... without employing the Ducks anymore?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

C'mon now, this isn't the first time we have exchanged text.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I've created a thread to answer specifically this issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course you are free to expand on your opinion. Too bad Phil isn't.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Can you be sure?

Pony shows come in all shapes and sizes.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Snarl

OccamsRazor04

daskakik

OccamsRazor04

That is all I'm saying.

Wait a sec. What if it was meant to be a publicity stunt ... and then the poop hit the fan? Now we've got a CT!! Did A&E see this conclusion being drawn the whole time ... and expect to collect damages ... without employing the Ducks anymore?

If you followed this it's clear it was never a publicity stunt. How is A&E going to collect damages?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If you don't like what Phil said, stop watching AE's show duck dynasty.

If you don't like how AE handled the situation, stop watching the channel.

I don't see what the big deal is here.

If your feelings were hurt, life sucks get over it. If a TV show hurt your feelings you need to get your head out of your ass.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

maus80
I think it's fair to say he's not a "real Christian", the guy is loaded and has been for a while. The New Testament is a bit ambiguous about matters of sex and sexuality, but makes it VERY clear that nobody rich is going to heaven.

sorry, had to chuckle at that.

the NT makes it VERY clear that no one can BUY their way into heaven.

are you a christian? just wondering how you know he isn't a "real christian"

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

beezzer
Yes?

Your answer is yes?

Just caught my snafu. My answer is actually no but, I will say again that that may not be what is happening at A&E.

So just like here at ATS if you hit the alert button, because you disagree with something that is against T&C, the mods may end up banning someone, it isn't just because you disagree with them.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

daskakikJust caught my snafu. My answer is actually no but, I will say again that that may not be what is happening at A&E.

So just like here at ATS if you hit the alert button, because you disagree with something that is against T&C, the mods may end up banning someone, it isn't just because you disagree with them.

What about when they have a history of destroying people/websites and they demand ATS comply or they will destroy them, and ATS bans you? Is that right? You can argue all day long it wouldn't happen, but IT DID HAPPEN in this case.

They also demand every company that advertises on ATS joins irthe crusade or they will destroy them too. Is that right? Is that how things should get done?

That is basically what happened.

Stop your obfuscating trying to say what you think would or would not happen on ATS, we are talking about what DID happen and putting it into ATS terms.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

tsingtao

maus80
I think it's fair to say he's not a "real Christian", the guy is loaded and has been for a while. The New Testament is a bit ambiguous about matters of sex and sexuality, but makes it VERY clear that nobody rich is going to heaven.

sorry, had to chuckle at that.

the NT makes it VERY clear that no one can BUY their way into heaven.

are you a christian? just wondering how you know he isn't a "real christian"

No, by his own admission he is not a Christian, but the Bible is very easy to understand and he knows it extremely well and he knows that no rich person can go to heaven.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

litterbaux
If you don't like what Phil said, stop watching AE's show duck dynasty.

If you don't like how AE handled the situation, stop watching the channel.

I don't see what the big deal is here.

If your feelings were hurt, life sucks get over it. If a TV show hurt your feelings you need to get your head out of your ass.

What you said makes sense. It has nothing to do with what is going on in real life though. This is about GLAAD attacking Phil, and demanding every sponor of the Duck Dynasty brand join their attack or they will be destroyed as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

muse7

beezzer

maus80

beezzer
reply to post by muse7

A&E's business is being affected because they knuckled under to GLAAD.

You are basically supporting banning based on a difference of ideas.

I think you are putting words in Muse7's mouth. I don't want to do the same thing, but I honestly don't think Muse would support the idea of banning anyone from tv. Being fired for is not the same as being banned.

Phil is free to "join" another channel, (site) if he chooses.

He just got "banned" from A&E because of his opinion.

Yeah let's see how long he lasts in another network if he continues spouting off the same things.

glenn beck said he'd make them an offer, in a heartbeat.

lol, that should get people here goin' off, like 4th of july!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Stop your obfuscating trying to say what you think would or would not happen on ATS, we are talking about what DID happen and putting it into ATS terms.

Well, the post I originally replied to was making the comparison to ATS so, that was context of my reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join