It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did GLAAD mess with the wrong duck? Could this be a tipping point in the culture wars?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just heard that A&E reversed it's decision. Phil is back on the show.
fox news
edit on 27-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It is what I believe Phil's general message was.

Honestly, I don't want to hear about anyone's sex lives, except, from the lady I am with. I shouldn't be able to stop them from talking about it, but I should be able to protest that they want to talk about it, if I don't want to listen. This opens a lot of gray areas that I don't think we need to discuss here. I consider this a equal way of looking at things.

From everything I have seen, the PC crowds real goal is to ban others from expressing their opinions, and they are doing a whole lot of this.

There are a lot of topics that simply are not allowed to be addressed, and you can even get banned from ATS for bringing up those topics. Having a discussion on something like "age of consent" is walking on slippery grounds, and challenging the PC line is like crossing the line in the sand. The PC crowd can get very vicious when their opinions get challenged.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Thanks, I also enjoy reading your opinion on the matter.

I agree, way too many people have far too many hang ups with it comes to sex and sexuality. It is only a part of what makes us who we are.

I like these two lines.

I am not speaking against sex or sexuality here. I am speaking against what I see as a great amount of institutionalized, politically correct stupidity.

But this seems to go way over the heads of so many out here who cannot seem to get past sexuality and sexual orientation.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I'm sure money is behind their decision, but as I said yesterday, Phil never should have been fired. While I disagree with the man on every level, I'm glad to see this reversal by A&E.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by orangetom1999

Thanks, I also enjoy reading your opinion on the matter.

I agree, way too many people have far too many hang ups with it comes to sex and sexuality. It is only a part of what makes us who we are.

I like these two lines.

I am not speaking against sex or sexuality here. I am speaking against what I see as a great amount of institutionalized, politically correct stupidity.

But this seems to go way over the heads of so many out here who cannot seem to get past sexuality and sexual orientation.

Thanks Poet1b for your post.

I think once again you got it in the bullseye here.

From everything I have seen, the PC crowds real goal is to ban others from expressing their opinions, and they are doing a whole lot of this.

I am not into censorship. I am also not into entitlement or entitlement by censorship over others. I detect a lot of this going on in American today. I also detect it going on in the UK and soon to be on the increase here by social administrators...penalties by administrators...ie...political appointees. Just like the UK.

Well..that can open up another whole can of worms ..best leave it for now.

You know Poet1b..years ago when the first cordless phones came out ..I discovered you could pick them up on a scanner. What happened with my first scanner was that I learned more about my neighbors than I ever wanted to learn. Some of it quite disturbing. Same thing to me with peoples sex lives. I don't want to know about them. I'm happy that they have a sex life..but I'm not interested in it.

And If I want to watch people conducting themselves as two legged wildlife..I go to work. I can at least get it on the clock.

By the way..I am only just now learning that this fellow Is now back on the duck program.

I do not watch that duck program nor buy any of the products, Nor do I watch the other survivor program.
I just cannot get into any of them. Square peg in a round hole..that sort of thing.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join