It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for co-host for a show on spirituality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Sounds like a plan bud

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

onequestion
No, its very disappointing. My audio is very clear and yours is distorted. I listened to the recording and it really went good.

I made a newbie mistake recording the audio. I know what mistake i made.
If yours is clear, is that really a sign of a recording mistake? Wouldn't the recording mistake affect your audio too?

BlueMule
So, you're sure the problem isn't my microphone, or my Skype configuration? It was my first time using Skype and I did have a bit of trouble getting my mic to work at first.
In my experience "distortion" is usually not the microphone though I wouldn't rule it out, but a low quality microphone can cause low quality sound, which is something different than distortion (The low quality usually means some frequencies are missing, whereas distortion means the frequencies are actually altered). I'd have to hear the recording to see what kind of distortion we're talking about, but I've found two main causes of distortion of the other party in my troubleshooting:
1. Bandwidth issues. This could be a wrong setting, or a limitation of the bandwidth from the ISP, or having a router that's not prioritizing voice traffic, etc.
2. Other conflicts, like CPU usage on other tasks. If you're only running Skype this should not be an issue, but I've seen it where the other party was running CPU and/or memory intensive software.

Here's a troubleshooting guide if this is of any help:

www.ehow.com...

And you can check your upload and download bandwidth various places, one is speedtest.net

Download speed usually isn't a problem, but sometimes upload speeds are a problem for good audio. In my case upload is 8 times slower than download, which is pretty typical.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That will be something to look into if i continue to have problems. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh I wish I had the time. I'd love to be involved in something like this. These topics are some of my favorite to read and research. I know I'd be very interested in listening to the show!

I listen to ATS live but haven't participated in chat or anything lately due to new responsibilities but I do listen you guys/gals!

Good luck one!

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm approaching the show from a journalist perspective. I won't be looking to challenge your ideas but to explore them and share your perspective.

If you are interested in talking about your ideas then don't be afraid to message me.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

One thing we learned years ago about Skype, you must make certain everybody has the latest uypdate for it to work decently. You'll find out if you have the latest by clicking on "Help" and "Update" in the menu that appears.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As adjensen suggested, I would be more than willing to help you in any way I can. Whether it be skype or recording issues.

But remember that there will always be some issues....believe me, we deal with em.
The best thing to do is make a demo and send it to Nef or Garth.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i know im resurrecting an old dead thread but i want to know what ever came of this? was it abandoned? or can we get a link to where we can listen to the show?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Sadly it never happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join