It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufos are real!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
They are real, one of them landed on this guys head

Of course there are a plethora of photo's from that era showing the craze of the day for painting hats in a metallic finish and throwing them in the air in order to resemble a phenomenon that would sweep the world 3 decades later.

What is even stranger is that in that later phenomenon these hats gave solid radar returns resulting in fighter jets being scrambled and achieving weapons lock, no wonder there was concern amongst the highest military authorities !

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I love blurds - I tried blurfos for a while, but it's like drinking Clayton's Whiskey without alcohol, or smoking a stupid herbal cigarette instead of tobacco (in my wild and crazy youth where I was such a non-conformist I smoked rolling tobacco with all the other non-conformists), there's nothing like the real thing.

Now where were we.....?

Oh yes, blurds...

And what sort of ET or interdimensional entity pilots these blurds?

edit on 22-12-2013 by cuckooold because: I got so excited thinking about blurds that I made several spelling and typographical errors

edit on 22-12-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

angus1745
***snip***
I was taking a photo of the dish and this thing flashed from left to right as I pressed the shutter. Blind luck

A couple of questions.
Did you see it or were you concentrating on the eyepiece (or viewscreen according to your camera type).

If you were concentrating on your focusing device (okular or screen) can you then say with 100% certainty that it wasn't an insect flying past very close?

An insect crossing close to a camera is - comparative to the distance - travelling pretty fast and will look like a rod or cigar shape because of the time the shutter is open.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Wow as primitive as we apparently are even we change model's more frequently than that.
Imagine if we were still driving 1950s model cars....with today's gas prices ...yikes !!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Radar from the 1920s. Nooooo. I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

To me it just looks like a plane. Not close up. Far away.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What if it were recorded on cell video? For instance, this picture:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
These pictures are not definitive proof. Knowing UFO's are real takes seeing one for yourself. Personally I have seen several and NONE of them has ever been a flying saucer.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

FlySolo

What if it were recorded on cell video? For instance, this picture:

I wouldn't trust the diminutive lens on a cell phone unless the motive was close, well lit and filling a substantial part of the frame.

Anything in dark areas are not much good for anything. Artifacts swallow up any details.
Same thing with small object in large light areas. Especially if the camera is trying to focus on using the middle value of several measuring points.

The object in you picture could be something close and small or something large and far away.

Could you direct me to the full video?

Meanwhile - have a look at this video explaing about shutterspeed versus framerate: Link
edit on 22-12-2013 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Ok. How do you know they are when by your very definition....you refer to them as "UN-Identified" Flying Objects?
If they are "UN-Identified"...then they cant be...well...see my point????

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Sure. Here you go.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
of course they don't look the same

The shape reminds me of the Helfin UFO, which some people think might be a model train wheel:

Heflin UFO a Model Train Wheel? - You Decide - Animated GIF

edit on 22-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

edit on 23-12-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

Do you have any camera & exposure details for your picture?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
How does a place like this even use the term UFO wrong? Seriously, UFO ≠ Alien Space craft. OK? People who use the term like it has been used in the thread make my nitpicking senses tingle something fierce.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

Apparently UFO means different things to different people. To some, it means alien spacecraft. To others, it means an unidentified flying object.

You even see the difference in popular culture. The TV sci-fi show "UFO" wasn't about unidentified flying objects, it was about alien space ships. But there are UFO documentaries that consider them unidentified flying objects, like "UFO files" which considers alien craft as one possible source among many other possible sources including manmade craft and natural phenomena (or in some cases possibly model train wheels photographed by model train enthusiasts as has been alleged with photos looking similar to the ones in this thread).

So when I see the term "UFO", I'm not sure what the person means by it until they provide some context. The dictionary even reflects the ambiguity in popular use of the term, because the definitions provided straddle both meanings simultaneously:

www.merriam-webster.com...

UFO
noun \ˌyü-(ˌ)ef-ˈō\

: a flying object in the sky that some people believe could be a spaceship from another planet

Full Definition of UFO
: an unidentified flying object; especially : flying saucer
That doesn't really settle the debate, does it? But that's how the term is used: both ways.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by chunder

Radar from the 1920s. Nooooo. I don't think so.

Try reading the post before trying to be a smart ass. 1920's plus 3 decades = 1950's.

Radar in the 1950's. Yeeeeesss, I think so.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Every time I look at something and scratch my head thinking "What is that thing?" I've found a genuine UFO. As far as extra terrestrial space craft? I thought I found something interesting.. turned out to be Venus. Her trickery knows no bounds.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Kurith because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join