It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Exchange Robocalls Applicants, Warns Them to Seek Coverage Elsewhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Now yet another problem jumps out from the shadows.

The ObamaCare exchange of Oregon apparently is behind or glitched or whatever with processing the applications.

So, they decided to *warn* people who at least might have attempted to sign up for a policy.

They are auto-calling telling people to seek other routes like going direct to an insurance broker to avoid possible lapses in "coverage".

Very disturbing.

Oh, and if you do in fact get insurance "elsewhere", then you automatically will NOT be "eligible" for those precious subsidies and tax credits.

What if somebody goes ahead with an "option", and then gets billed by the exchange approved company anyway ?

On Friday, Cover Oregon, the troubled ObamaCare health exchange, began robocalls to applicants warning them, that if they haven't heard from the exchange by Monday, they should seek health insurance elsewhere. With less than two weeks until the mandated January 1st deadline for individuals to have health insurance, the exchange's late warning may cause gaps in coverage.

"If you haven't heard from us by Dec. 23, it is unlikely your application will be processed for Jan. 1 insurance coverage," the pre-recorded call from Cover Oregonsays. "If you want to be sure you have insurance coverage starting Jan. 1, you have other options."

These options include going directly to an insurance agent or broker, but this route makes the applicant ineligible for tax credits and subsidies. Without these credits, many people will not be able to afford the new health insurance premiums.

Oregon Exchange Robocalls Applicants, Warns Them to Seek Coverage Elsewhere

Is this *EVER* going to end ?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Buddy, I have NOT found where I can disagree with you.

I've learned that: ... Sometimes when "A PERSON" does NOT know "What To Do?" ... "Don't Do Anything.".

-
Sentiment: This "MIGHT" be ONE of Those-Times ??? ... ( please excuse my DIZZY-ness ).

AND

How about some more ... "DIZZY-ness" ???

The Executive Director of CoverOregon took medical leave from his post earlier this month. Carolyn Lawson, the official who oversaw development of the exchange and its website resigned earlier this week.

( I see a "his" and a "Carolyn" ... I MUST assume that to be TWO-Folks ! )

edit on 21-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: added: ... "How about some more ... "DIZZY-ness" ???".

join