It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Censored's "Top 25 Censored Stories from 2012-2013"

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
As far as festive lists go, this is not one for the faint of heart. Yes, once again Project Censored has released its list of the Top 25 Most Censored Stories of 2012-2013. It has become somewhat of a tradition of mine to make ATSers aware of the list and give you all a dose of fist-clenching reality during the festive period.

So, before you get started, pour yourself a Baileys (or perhaps something a bit stronger?) because you're gonna need it...

5. Hate Groups and Antigovernment Groups on Rise across US

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which monitors hate groups and antigovernment groups, released a report showing that 1,360 radical, antigovernment “patriot” groups and 321 militias actively operate within the United States. Released in March 2013, these statistics show an 813 percent rise in the number of such groups since 2008, with increasing numbers each year. Hate groups are most prevalent in California, with eighty-four total; Texas was second among states with sixty-two.

4. Obama’s War on Whistleblowers

Obama signed both the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act, expanding whistleblower protections, in November 2012, and the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) furthering these protections in January 2013. His NDAA signing statement, however, undermines these protections, stating that those expanded protections “could be interpreted in a manner that would interfere with my authority to manage and direct executive branch officials.” Thus, in his signing statement, Obama promised to ignore expanded whistleblower protections if they conflicted with his power to “supervise, control, and correct employees’ communications with the Congress in cases where such communications would be unlawful or would reveal information that is properly privileged or otherwise confidential.”

3. Trans-Pacific Partnership Threatens a Regime of Corporate Global Governance

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), branded as a trade agreement and negotiated in unprecedented secrecy, is actually an enforceable transfer of sovereignty from nations and their people to foreign corporations.

2. Richest Global 1 Percent Hide Trillions in Tax Havens

The global 1 percent hold twenty-one to thirty-two trillion dollars in offshore havens in order to evade taxes, according to James S. Henry, the former chief economist at the global management consulting firm, McKinsey & Company. Based on data from the Bank for International Settlements, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and 139 countries, Henry found that the top 1 percent hid more than the total annual economic output of the US and Japan combined. For perspective, this hidden wealth is at least seven times the amount—$3 trillion—that many estimates suggest would be necessary to end global poverty.

1. Bradley Manning and the Failure of Corporate Media

In February 2013, United States military intelligence analyst Bradley Manning confessed in court to providing vast archives of military and diplomatic files to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks, saying he wanted the information to become public “to make the world a better place” and that he hoped to “spark a domestic debate on the role of the military in (US) foreign policy.” The 700,000 released documents revealed a multitude of previously secret crimes and acts of deceit and corruption by US military and government officials.

The full list can be found here.

These threads don't often get a lot of replies but every year I have done it I have considered it my most important thread of the year, and probably always will. In the war against tyranny, corruption and lies the TRUTH must always be our primary weapon. And what you have here, ladies and gentlemen, is ammunition. Twenty-Five rounds of hollow-point brilliance that should truly blow the minds of any person who considers themselves to be part of a free and honest society.

Roll on 2014.

Happy hunting.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have a gripe with this one…

The global 1 percent hold twenty-one to thirty-two trillion dollars in offshore havens in order to evade taxes, according to James S. Henry, the former chief economist at the global management consulting firm, McKinsey & Company. Based on data from the Bank for International Settlements, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and 139 countries, Henry found that the top 1 percent hid more than the total annual economic output of the US and Japan combined. For perspective, this hidden wealth is at least seven times the amount—$3 trillion—that many estimates suggest would be necessary to end global poverty.

Yeah yeah…

So I presume if the 1% took all their hidden dollars and freely spread it around the economy would be doing great for a half year or so once everyone bought their escalades and big screen TVs, but then what? A trillion dollars was a lot of money in Zimbabwe at one time, but then they had a 100 Trillion Dollar note.

Since the world bank, IMF, governments, etc. all know about this money, it's kinda of blatantly obvious that any enforcement agencies completely ignore it.

Which let them hide the money in the first place, or it's people in the upper echelons of those who are hiding it. What I don't get is, why must it be hidden? Perhaps the entire system needs a rework.

Hiding money has become a big thing, remember the days when people just used to bury their gold and make a fancy treasure map to find it later?
edit on 21-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The disappearing free world salutes you...........................great read!
If that food for thought doesn't smarten people up we are in rough shape indeed.....
Never mind the start the revolution slogan though
a better one might be
....................BE THE REVOLUTION!
s&F!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Well, I don't think they were offering that as a viable economic solution, merely offering perspective. It's not about stealing from the rich to give to the poor, it's about the rich (the SUPER RICH) paying the appropriate taxes and not being sneaky bastards.

It also begs the question; what is the final destination of this invisible money? After all, that amount of invisible money is enough to maintain an invisible empire. Or am I being paranoid again?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is not so much the top censored stories but a left wing agenda on what they would prefer to be the top stories. This is simply propaganda.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

LiveForever8
reply to post by boncho

Well, I don't think they were offering that as a viable economic solution, merely offering perspective. It's not about stealing from the rich to give to the poor, it's about the rich (the SUPER RICH) paying the appropriate taxes and not being sneaky bastards.

It also begs the question; what is the final destination of this invisible money? After all, that amount of invisible money is enough to maintain an invisible empire. Or am I being paranoid again?

It's more like, why are these pricks holding onto money pumping crap no one needs nor is good for society, controlling entire economies, when the real rich people should be entrepreneurs who don't have a shot in hell competing this day and age.

Not to say this didn't happen in the past either. It's just consolidation of power and wealth.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The first "story" mentioned is about the SPLC, which is a complete joke.... Does anyone listen to those idiots anymore? Especially when they list 321 militias as some kind of problem......

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

schuyler
This is not so much the top censored stories but a left wing agenda on what they would prefer to be the top stories. This is simply propaganda.

It is not a left wing agenda when the media is not putting these stories out.
Many of those 1% like George Soros and so on are left wings themselves.

As a tax payer, I am pissed that others can shirk their responsibility to this country while millions in this country don't have the luxury to hide their money.

You can see who the leeches are, and it is not the poor and middle class that have no political and monetary power like the top 1% do. I suspect many of those are politicians as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well it hasn't smartened them up all the previous years but here's to hoping. Food for thought...does that come SUPERSIZED?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What pisses me off is that one % of the worlds wealthiest people, have the nerve to hide so much money for simply avoiding taxes... As if they need more of it, or can't say goodbye to a few bucks, they will never see or spend or need...

The punishment for this behavior should be death.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
To me the number one story - I saw it on the net and have never been able to find it again. Apparantly it has been removed even from Google's cache - is the story about how the chemicals in gun oil and gun smoke has a direct impact on sperm count and IQ.

Would have loved to link to it, but someone obviously wanted it out of the way.

edit on 22-12-2013 by HolgerTheDane2 because: sorry - had to remocve splellign misdake

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

So guns ARE dangerous!?

Who'd have thought?

edit on 22/12/2013 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

boncho

Yeah yeah…

So I presume if the 1% took all their hidden dollars and freely spread it around the economy would be doing great for a half year or so once everyone bought their escalades and big screen TVs, but then what? A trillion dollars was a lot of money in Zimbabwe at one time, but then they had a 100 Trillion Dollar note.

If all money was flooded into the market we would be just like Zimbabwe but that certainly doesn't excuse the practices of corporation hiding vast amounts of ill gotten profits in tax havens.

Of course giving it away isn't the answer but certainly not forsaking safety for profit is a big start.

Ex.: Boncho corp. needs to dispose of byproducts from its "safe chemicals", they can either invest in R&D to develop a safe process of disposal or they can dump it into the local river and 'claim' its safe and allowing all that extra profit to flood tax havens. Yes, I understand the easy decision but it's not the right one.

How much money is invested in R&D in the exploration of oil?

How much is invested in R&D to clean up messes when things go wrong?

edit on 22-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

schuyler

a left wing agenda?...so...why aren't the stories being run by all the "supposed" left wing media??? or at least reporting on trillions of untaxed off-shore accounts?.....how about our "it's for the American people" left and right government doing something...because...it's all about the wealthy verses everyone else, and the public can fight all day long about left/right crap, so long as everyone keeps their hands off the money of the wealthy.

top topics

join