It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty Anti Gay Comment, GLADD, ReEducation?, Attack on Libertarians. A Free Publicity stunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Duck Dynasty Anti Gay Comment, GLADD, Reeducation, Attack on Libertarians. A Free Publicity stunt

Before i make my POV in the thread first i just wanted to add before i continue the LGBT community should outraged and angered that an organization with the likes of GLADD are the ones are representing the LGBT community as an whole.

Secondly GLADD owns comment that Duck Dynasty member of the TV Show should seek Reeducation because of his anti LGBT comment is disgusting and outrageous. GLADD should realize we are living in a western society where freedom of speech is accepted.

Duck Dynasty TV Show.
As for the whole Dynasty Show have i watched it? no in fact i haven't seen any TV shows in quite some time now. Why should i? what benefits do i get in return from watching a family of Duck hunters? i could say for the other TV shows to.

Attack on Libertarian and other comments
Ever since this has started i noticed a number of commentators on news commenting sections. The attack on Libertarians has a bit risen.
Should the users on those news websites be taken serious. I had being noticing comments such as these.

Do Libertarians have their own churches now so the men can marry men and the women marry women?

China has re education camps.

Isn't that just the truth? They want to educate Phil on homosexuality? I think the bible says as much as we need to know. God has taught us. We don't need GLADD to add any more of their perversion to God's truth.

From China to the bibles these Republicans are now starting to show that China's ReEducation camps arent such bad idea at all.

Meanwhile from an comment which i saw no surprise in it all.

My facebook feed has been lit up with people responding to the suspension of Phil, the patriarch of A&E’s popular Duck Dynasty reality show. For full disclosure . . . I watch this show and enjoy it.

So an user in an news site claimed that his or her facebook feed has been lit up with people responding to the suspension of Phil, therefore he or she will watch the show and enjoy and you know whats th_javascript:italicize()is called?

Free Publicity stunt
An Free Publicity stunt the same way it happened with Family's guy family's dog Brain.

Oh no an poor dog was ran over! OUTRAGE! so what people? its an TV show like every other TV shows whatever its the Duck Dynasty duck hunters or an GAY TV Show the shows are rigged and staged to entertain you with free stupidity.

Yet here we go again with the same outrage over an TV show that makes a million dollars in a year while you dont.
I have no doubts what A&E did here was nothing more then an early Christmas, New Year's Free Publicity stunt to boost up there TV ratings.
Was GLADD in this Free Publicity stunt? you can bet on it.

Back during the 80s and 90s LGBT rights weren't issue at all in fact nobody even cared if you were LGBT and all of sudden the LGBT rights have became an important issue compared to other serious issues with the never ending war in Afghanistan.

The slowing beating collapsing of the Euporean Union. And the weakening Economy?
Perhaps those arent important issues anymore in fact the most important issue is the outrage over an TV show.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I believe you're reading it all wrong and forcing it to say what you want. The reason the people are commenting on the individuals Facebook is because he/she watches Duck Dynasty, they weren't watching because of the comment.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnKoontz

The reason the people are commenting on the individuals Facebook is because he/she watches Duck Dynasty, they weren't watching because of the comment.

Thats the point. They are outraged because there Favorite TV show has being put on hold. Would the LGBT community react the same way if there favorite TV show were in the same boat? you can bet it.

For these type of people TV is there king and boss.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

"These type of People" please describe them for me. I don't want to be caught off guard. What should we do when we discover them in our midst?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This whole time, I thought Duck Dynasty was a Chinese restaurant.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He has the freedom to say what he wants, and anyone has the freedom to respond verbally.

To have pure freedom of speech to have to accept the fact that Everyone gets it, and what you say people can say anything back.

the response is not the problem

the thing that gets me, is why do people purposely attempt to be hateful to other people? and not just against Us, i mean people versus people?

why the malice? why the viciousness? if you have your beliefs fine, your freedom, and if you want to express your belief's, please don't shove it down my throat!... no serious, if you want to express your belief's again your freedom. but why are so many people hateful?

i'm waiting for a Queen on RuPauls drag race to say how much she hates Straight people... or a Gay celebrity to have an interview where he says how religious people are abominations and straight people are a sin...

how would that go down?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

olaru12

Agent_USA_Supporter

"These type of People" please describe them for me. I don't want to be caught off guard. What should we do when we discover them in our midst?

Why did you even bother asked that? here's my reply.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The last time I checked the first amendment protects Phil Robertson on 2 points. 1. Religion 2. Free Speech

No re-education required

The Idiots over at GLAAD need to realize that Religion is protected as well a his view on it. As a christian if asked what do I think is sinful I think would answer in a similar fashion. If that point of view happens to make people upset... so what. I believe that people have the right to pursuit what makes them happy. However their right to be happy does not trump my right to disagree with their choices.

I understand A&E is a private company and can conduct business how they choose, however I can choose not to watch and buy any products that they advertise.

On the flip side I will support any company that will stand up for our rights to exercise our religious beliefs and the right to speak what I believe.

If you happen to disagree with me on that enjoy it, after all it is your right!
edit on 0362013-12-21T19:28:03-06:002013-12-21T19:28:03-06:00fpm12 by SWCCFAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

it also proves exactly just how hypocritical and obnoxious religion is.

Love, compassion, tolerance...

what a load of crap. It's brain washed mindlessness and a belief in fairies and sky wizards, with nothing else but a "do it or you're going to go to hell!" warning... stupid gullible people fall for it.

Yet it affects us all, by the legislation it creates and then enforces, by the rules we are forced to live by, by the ignorance spouted en masse by morons in media... and the best part, it's hidden under freedom of speech.

Religion is nothing more than a way to keep stupid people in one group... nothing more.

I wonder if I'll have more posts removed for my right to speak...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

why the malice? why the viciousness?

Fear, weakness, neediness, loneliness - a bottomless hole that will never be filled

For starters

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You have your right to bash on religion.

It shows what kind of person you truly are.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I thought the same thing, with Duck Dynasty bobble heads stuffing the shelves at Walmart what a great thing to happen for marketers. Ring wing Fox News addicts will buy these things up. It may have been A complete publicity stunt.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

If someone on Duck Dynasty has a comment deleted that he believes in I'm ok with it as long as I never see a gay person on TV say he doesn't believe in God.

new topics

top topics

join