It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what being a ghost is like??!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I came across this photo of old photos overlapping modern day photos, and it stuck me..is this how being a ghost is like?
You both occupy the same space but at different times, you both only see your time period ..but maybe when things are just right your able to glimpse another time period..thus seeing ghosts. Do ghosts think we are ghosts when they see us?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Nice pics.

Very thought provoking. Echoes in time?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

That's a great concept.
II agree....the photos are pretty cool !

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
More awesome composite photos:

Composite Then and Now Photos of the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake

pixtale.net...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Sad yet cool.

Makes me think of all the stories and lives forgotten through time and how for the most part I'll disappear into obscurity just the same.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Why do you think a ghost would be stuck seeing only it's own time period? Unless you're talking about a residual haunting, during which the "ghost" repeats a single action again and again, I would think most ghostly beings are well aware of their changing surroundings.

An interesting idea for photos though, overlapping "then" and "now" images.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I experienced an episode of what I believe was Cotard's Syndrome once. I think it was caused by the Acyclovir I took, and it was the most terrifying experience of my life. I think of that when I think of what it might be like to be in a "ghostly" state. I literally felt dead, nonexistent, not on this plane. It was so intense and overwhelming, it scares me even to think of it. I hope I crossover smoothly when I go.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The one of Hitler in Paris irks me, to think you are standing in the same place he was, Yuck! But I have been to Germany so I suppose that my path crossed with one of his old ones a few times.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

I know what you mean. If you were the couple in that picture and you saw it overlapped i think you would feel a little sad.
Standing next to such and evil man, i know i would have nightmares for for a long time after.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ghosts are in our time frame as well, they just don't age.

They see what us mortals see in terms of developing infrastructure and new inventions.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When observing the images 1 considered would a being in transition form see the same way it did with its physical eyes if its physical eyes are no longer present. Still able to perceive but maybe in a different way with different eyes depending on what type of being is being discussed in transition.

To take a speculative guess maybe those from the other side or those in transition to it, see parts related to their adjusted make ups new way or perception/vision. So they may see in a astral or ethereal & physical associated way. May not see the planet or star but see its energy signature of some form. May not see the actual nuclear power plant but can see the energy emitted from its activities. Perhaps to see the metadoors?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

RocksFromSpace
I came across this photo of old photos overlapping modern day photos, and it stuck me..is this how being a ghost is like?
You both occupy the same space but at different times, you both only see your time period ..but maybe when things are just right your able to glimpse another time period..thus seeing ghosts. Do ghosts think we are ghosts when they see us?

I love this thread and I have to say this has always been my thought ... that ghosts see us in much the same way that we see them (passing glimpses).

The pictures you added are a great visual ... did you create them or did you find them online already overlapped ?

S&F for you. Woody )O(

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yes, I think that you are exactly right. One thing that I had read, was about how there were a lot of native tribes who thought that ghosts were people who had been removed from the dimension of time. They said that time was a dimension into of itself, and that your physical body was what existed in the dimension of time; thus, when the body dies, you are removed from time.

new topics

top topics

join