It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donating Blood in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
By accident I came across with this "peculiar" information about the requirements to donate blood in Israel. Certainly, someone here might confirm if it's true. Controversial for sure. I can imagine the mods reading it, before you pull the trigger......, I didn't make those laws.

Homosexuals are not allowed to donate.
Someone who had unprotected anal sex with 10 women in the past week is allowed.
Someone who had their nipple pierced in a place approved by the Israeli health board within the past year is not allowed to donate (yours truly).
Someone who is in a cult and exchanges blood with friends is allowed.
A man who had been given oral sex from another man is not allowed to donate.
A man who has given oral sex to 100 women is allowed.
Someone who had been in Africa (Oh My!) in the past half a year is not allowed to donate.
Ethiopians were not allowed to donate until they went to the Supreme court.
People who go to prostitutes and have safe sex are not allowed to donate.
People who go to orgies and have unprotected sex are allowed.

ATS...., are you in the list?

everything2.com...
edit on 21-12-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I looked at your op with a different thought in mind. I though the Israel was pushing a blood drive at the moment. That would be a sign of preparation for war.

The reasons posted for not being able to give blood. While some seem discriminatory , also lock almost all suspect HIV carriers out. I guess it's their right to try to protect the blood supply.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
why do they need it i thought the could not receive transfusions?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sweareingen
reply to post by Trueman

The reasons posted for not being able to give blood. While some seem discriminatory , also lock almost all suspect HIV carriers out. I guess it's their right to try to protect the blood supply.

Well, the whole system can get screwed if just one donor lie. It probably happened already in many countries.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

haven123

I think you confused them with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Trueman

haven123

I think you confused them with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

indeed thanks for pointing that out, my mistake

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Trueman

Sweareingen
reply to post by Trueman

Well, the whole system can get screwed if just one donor lie. It probably happened already in many countries.

And if there wasn't any regulation to try to protect the blood supply. You wouldn't have to worry about 1 person slipping threw.

Because without regulation, they blood supply would definitely be contaminated.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Sweareingen

Trueman

Sweareingen
reply to post by Trueman

And if there wasn't any regulation to try to protect the blood supply. You wouldn't have to worry about 1 person slipping threw.

Seems like we found a glitch in that system. Some improvements must be made or it will be a matter of luck forever. Colateral damage is not acceptable in this case.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Sweareingen

Trueman

Sweareingen
reply to post by Trueman

The blood donated are tested to see if they are contaminated, doesn't need all those regulations in the OP.

But i don't know if those regulations are true, but they are illogical.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Certain STDs don't show up immediately.

Probably a low chance of infection but it's still there.

Either way, I refuse to give blood. I am a lesbian in the U.S. so technically I could...but I refuse to donate my blood to them and then have them charge me 250 bucks for the same blood if I ever need a transfusion. They don't pay you for your blood where I'm at. Seems like a ripoff, like Goodwill. I'll pass.

But yeah, the guidelines in U.S. states that pretty much any gay man can't donate. It takes I think six months tops for HIV to show on tests yet they bar gay men from donating if they've had sex as far back as 1979. The way I see it, the gay guys should be happy. It's a scam for hospitals to make money off your blood, they don't pay you for it in many places. Then they don't even give you a discount if you ever need a transfusion, seems like a ripoff to me.

Edit: Israel's guidelines are very similar to U.S.'.
edit on 21-12-2013 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

danielsil18

Sweareingen

Trueman

Sweareingen
reply to post by Trueman

The blood donated are tested to see if they are contaminated, doesn't need all those regulations in the OP.

But i don't know if those regulations are true, but they are illogical.

So you are saying nobody, has received tainted blood from a hospital ?

There are many factors that go into protecting the blood supply. The op showed the first steps. You provided the last step.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Someone who had unprotected anal sex with 10 women in the past week is allowed.

Someone who is in a cult and exchanges blood with friends is allowed.

A man who has given oral sex to 100 women is allowed.

People who go to orgies and have unprotected sex are allowed.

I took out all the "not allowed" and am left with a horrifying selection of what is allowed.
If this list is true, don't ever be in circumstances where you might need blood if ever in Israel.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Blood is big money and often over prescribed. There are times when it is the only thing that will save someone but that is rare. The guideline is to start infusing when the blood count falls below 10. But if the stocks are low they wont prescribe it. A blood count below 2 or 3 is usually fatal. I know someone who was sent home a week after an operation with a blood count of 4.2, he didn't feel very energetic but he was ok. Also there are a lot of other things in blood apart from the things they test for, and like any transplant there are rejection problems, on average it takes longer for people who have had blood transfused to recover than those who haven't.

new topics

top topics

join