It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you experiencing issues with the ATS Emoticon Pack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I looked around, but couldn't find the answer to this question... like so many others, I apologize if posted already!

The issue I am seeing with the smiley emoticons is an issue with their overall appearance.

I see what appears to be an outline of the smiley, in black. Each smiley has black eyes, & mouth. There is also a yellow coloring, presumably the smiley's backgroun color.

Although each smiley has the facial details in black and the color yellow for the body, they are severely out of symmetry. The black facial features are about 50% offset from the yellow body color.

Is this how they are supposed to appear? If not, does anyone know a fix for this, maybe in internet options or something?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The new emoticons are CRAP....I cant tell what they denote, and don't use em anymore....
the site change was NOT all good....People complain to the staff but they seem to do SFA about anything....
Its TIME TO RETURN TO THE OLD ONES I THINK.....

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

stirling
The new emoticons are CRAP....I cant tell what they denote, and don't use em anymore....
the site change was NOT all good....People complain to the staff but they seem to do SFA about anything....

Agreed.
But I don't think they care how we feel about them anymore. If new emoticons were going to be designed for us ( like they told us was happening), we should have gotten them by now.

Mine are working ok, except for not being able to read the meaning (emotion) that most of them are supposed to convey...
edit on 21-12-2013 by snowspirit because: Fixed sentence structure

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by stirling

I second that! I can't make out what they represent. The old ones were much more easily distinguishable. I've avoided using them because I know if I'm having problems identifying what they represent others here at ATS are too. Sometimes it's better not to re-invent the wheel. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

try the grease monkey add on to give you the old ones back by member chaoticorder
edit on 21/12/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yellow body color? Even on my work computer, they were still green...just, the java script blocking setting just made them green triangles with black symbols.

Maybe your settings are causing that issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

On the record:

Hate the emoticons.

Hate the bugs all over the place.

Search function still doesn't work for crap.

I was hoping some things would be simpler (they are not).

I like many of the new concepts (a lot) if they worked consistently.

Did I mention I hate the emoticons...?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I loathe the new icons. It looks like something that belongs in the early days of the internet. (Sorry to the designer, the actual design is good but the colors and everything is just off in my opinion.)

With that being said, I have quite a few issues with the emoticons displaying properly. On my MacBook, MacBook Pro (retina), iMac (2012) they all look fine. However, on my Linux (Fedora with XFCE) laptop, they're out of place. iPad and iPod are fine. Opera Mini on MobilePro 900C they're off. Windows 7 off, Windows 8.1 off. (All systems except the MobilePro have been tested with the latest versions of Opera, Firefox and Chrome with the same results.)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you all for the comments!

&

Thank you for showing your concern and support for the issue by flagging this thread. I know the flags were given to acknwoledge the concern for the issue, not for my thrilling words! [insert a 'winking' smiley here] .

I would certainly love to have the emoticons that came stock with ATS.5/3 back. I'd pick them 1,000 times before the current Skiley Package.

After thinking about it a little more, I do remember a thread created by an ATS member ( bigfatfurrtexan )- just after ATS 5/3 launch, addressing the discontent for the new 'Smiley Pack'.

I think it may have even been SO who gave the okay for members to design their own 'Smiley Packs', where the best set of emoticons would replace the original 5/3 emotive smileys. Thinking these were the chosen pack of emoticons leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the others looked like!

There were a few suggestions for emoticon packs that were very attractive, but, for whatever the reason, they were not incorporated into ATS.

My personal favorites:

Hopefully the administration still has this on docket for future change.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

esteay812
Thinking these were the chosen pack of emoticons leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the others looked like!
They original icons were really bad, yes even worser which I know isn't a word but I chose it for emphasis. The new icons had a lot of people doing this:

The contest for new icons had constraints, which I don't recall exactly but they had to be very simple. So out of all the packs you show, the only ones that might be considered are the simple green icons, and of course they would need to be royalty-free for ATS to use. Fancy icons were not to be considered.

edit on 27-12-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I love how we're supposed to do SOMETHING to change the world to make it better and yet...

we can't do SQUAT about emoticons on a WEBSITE!

Stop the world i wanna get off.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hey! Looks like all the bitchin' & moanin' has paid off!!! Well, maybe not, but that's what I like to think and that is the only thing that matters!

I'm sure there will be those who remain unsatisfied and, while there is something more to be desired, this new set of icons is far better than ATS' previous stock emotive pack.

Thanks ATS, for the '36 item Emoticon Pack'!

edit on 10-1-2014 by esteay812 because: learning to float

top topics

join