It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm coming out today.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I feel this thread sets the wrong tone for a very serious issue.

I don't think it set the wrong tone at all, it seems if your are straight, white and Christian in this world anymore you should be apologetic and not be proud of any of these attributes!
S&F for the OP to bring this out in a humorous light!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

wulff

AfterInfinity
I feel this thread sets the wrong tone for a very serious issue.

I don't think it set the wrong tone at all, it seems if your are straight, white and Christian in this world anymore you should be apologetic and not be proud of any of these attributes!
S&F for the OP to bring this out in a humorous light!

Absolutely you should not be proud of any of it. What, of those three atributes, did you actually achieve for you to have pride? Did you "become white" and feel proud that you did it? Did you seek out Christian knowledge without your parents help, and feel proud of that? Or did you choose to be straight, and feel proud of your decision?

I just told Spyder on another thread: being proud of your race is just another form of racism. You had nothing to do with your skin color. So what, exactly, are you proud of?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

and should one not trace their lineage and proud should they not be of the success of their lineage? my family name is that of sea faring folk, loggers, navy men from ww II through vietnam and though i'm a mere jack of trades master of six and four strings, i'd rather let my family's name make me egotistical enough not to blow my own brains out, and humble enough to respect my elders, then i say that i'm a proud highlander, nord, and frenchman

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Be proud if you wish. But you didnt achieve anything for you to be proud of. Other than being born when/where you were born.

I guess I could be proud of my green eyes....because I did so much to achieve them! LOL

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
OP: I'll hopefully remember to come back and reply to the rest of your post later. (There is a lot in there that are good points).

Gee, thanks!

OP: But for now, while I'm in a hurry, all I see is AIDS/ HIV.

I try to keep things down to a few sound bytes. Long tomes are usually dismissed out of hand here. Blew it on this one didn't I?

OP: ... Being gay doesn't make one go out and have unprotected sex with strangers. Being stupid does cause this action though...

Well, before we go any farther take a look at this summary report from the CDC from back in 2011.
www.cdc.gov... I'm not all that great with screen shots and such but the report is only three pages long and speaks volumes for itself. Page 2 is where the most damning information is.

I'd looked at this information back in the early 2000's but I thought, rather than quote ancient history, I'd better see if anything had changed since then and, nope, it's just as bad as it ever was. Men who have sex with men (MSM), while not being an identifier of hs. men, per se, according to the report, are 72% of all primary and secondary syphilis cases. 40% of the syphilis cases are also infected with HIV in many major cities. These are the facts and I doubt much has changed since 2011. While syphilis rates overall haven't changed they've gone up among hs. men. Gonorrhea had been in decline but was in its second year of rising.

While I'm not about to say that being homosexual MAKES one go out and have unsafe sex let's just say it's the way it most often happens otherwise the CDC stats would be a heckuvalot different wouldn't they? It's also the reason, and hear me very carefully on this, that I treat the subject of male homosexuals and lesbians as two totally different subjects, for the most part. The feminists of the 60's got that completely wrong in that men and women ARE different and I'd be really surprised to get any argument on that one! Women are the opposite side of the coin and, my stats here, 9 times out of 10 engage in sex more for a relationship rather than sexual relief. Ok, 8 out of 10 and those two gals are the chief troublemakers! Sex based on a relationship is more apt to produce a monogamous one than bar hopping barebackers. Wouldn't you agree?

OP: I also get your point that this does seem a little bit like a love fest. But in a world where all I was hearing was bad about the gay community, I needed my "little love fest". I get enough of the cruel real world on a daily basis.

Believe me, I hear you. As I mentioned before, having blood kin on both sides of the family and, in addition, one by a previous marriage of my Mom to one of her former husbands (I grew up with that young lady/former cousin and have the utmost respect and love for her) AND the friend who is currently dying of AIDS makes 4 people I know personally and/or share genes with who, I'm sorry, but I honestly think they CHOSE this way of life. If they, indeed, WERE born that way they represent a very miniscule number of the 5% or so of the overall population that are hs. In today's world it's chic, it's the IN thing to be homosexual. It's an attention-getting-device and, being the social animals we are, gets you in to whatever group you're aspiring to at the moment. And for men it's a helluvalot easier "lay" than finding a woman for a night for a whole pile of "C" notes. On that level it's easier being homosexual - for men!

Spoiler alert! Not all males are created equal! You'll have your "jocks" and you'll have your chess club guys and everything in between. The jocks will walk away with the women unless the chess club guys come up with something like Microsoft and can support the girls in a manner in which they'd like to become accustomed to. Now, guys being guys, no matter what their physical attributes, will go just a little bit crazy if they don't get it every now and then on a fairly regular basis. Believe me, I've lived in this skin suit for 56 years and I KNOW crazy! Ever hear the axiom "when you have a gun everything looks like a target"?? No, I never - not even in the Navy! I've never had any kind of STD either but I knew a lot of guys that did and I was smart enough to learn from their mistakes.

OP: Thanks for your reply.

And for yours!

OP: Oh, if you feel like you wasted your time reading my three pages and should have spent it reading one of Slayers threads, why didn't you?

I don't think I ever said I wasted my time (?) nor do I think I did, either - and I did go over and read Slayer's great thread - but with a public thread like this one the thing that galls me more than anything else is for a subject as potentially tragic as this being glossed over with a bunch of fluff that completely disregards the facts of the situation. Are there happily "married" homosexuals out there? Oh yeah. My former cousin has been with her partner for years now and they'll probably be till the end. But by glossing over the horrendous dangers this lifestyle choice presents you encourage others, men especially, to follow a path that could end in a miserable death for themselves and God only knows how many others that could have been avoided if they'd have the guts and support to stick it out, find someone of the opposite sex and not "settle" for an easy target. And that is one thing that I side with the Holy Scriptures in when they condemn those that encourage others to evil. In threads like this no one is saying this so someone has to!
edit on 23-12-2013 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Funny, as I reading this, I'm thinking, "maybe this guy really ISN'T gay and he's making a mistake!"

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I might be misreading that, but are you referring to me? If you are, then I am pretty sure after being with someone of the opposite sex for ten years, that I'm straight.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

Ollie, wow. Ok let's start with STDs shall we. I do not personally, (to my knowledge) know anyone with AIDS/HIV. I don't know why gay men have higher rates as opposed to straight people, and I don't know why they don't form meaningful monogamous relationships. Perhaps since the chances of pregnancy are null they feel they don't need protection. I stand by my comment though, that being gay does not make one more susceptible to STDs as much as just not being careful (stupid).

Thank you for the stats on STDs. I understand where you are coming from with your comments about STDs. However, I am confused on your point. Yes STDs are a real fact and you have proven that with your link. But does this make it alright to bully gays. Does it make it alright that they have to hide who they are? In my mind, no. That is what my OP is about. The fact that they have to hide who they are. Not that they are apparently promiscuous or bar hopping. I can stand behind them, but I can't tell them how to live their life.

It sounds as though you have interaction with people who fall into the LGBT crowd. People you love and are related to. How can you look at the love that these couples have together and tell me they are just falling into the "in crowd". As stated previously, I'm straight, so I know I was born this way. I didn't choose to be straight. I just don't find people of my same sex near as appealing as the opposite sex.

I don't even know where to go with your comment about guys getting that desperate..... I mean really! REALLY! You are telling me that guys just throw their hands up a say, well it's better than my hand tonight. Really.... Perhaps I'm unable to understand because I've never been that desperate.

But by glossing over the horrendous dangers this lifestyle choice presents you encourage others, men especially, to follow a path that could end in a miserable death for themselves and God only knows how many others that could have been avoided if they'd have the guts and support to stick it out, find someone of the opposite sex and not "settle" for an easy target. And that is one thing that I side with the Holy Scriptures in when they condemn those that encourage others to evil. In threads like this no one is saying this so someone has to!

Stick what out exactly? Stick out a dry spell from sex? Settle for an easy target? My friend (from the other day) has only been with one person in the last 12 years! He was afraid he would be found out so avoided relationships. Now, he stuck out the dry spell but guess what, he is STILL gay. What you are calling an easy target, well that was the hardest choice of his life!

You can condemn me all you want for "encouraging evil". I only have to answer to one being and I'm pretty sure that you are not him.
edit on 23-12-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

I fall into all three of those categories. I can only be proud of the choices I make. I can only judge people on their actions. I don't even hold religion against people.

I try to live by the motto, you treat me fair and I'll do likewise.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There is some norms in the world. There are some standards. Can you imagine if the Sun decided, "no I want to only shine at night, I want to like the moon". Or if animals didn't follow certain norms, certain rutines, or a million other patterns didn't follow certain norms. There are norms and standards on the planet. It's only humans that want to always push the envelop regardless of the damage we cause ourselves in the process. So for example ya if you take it up the rear your family might have a problem with that and reject you for being a freak. And what do we call that? A normal responce to a out of the norm behavior. Anyway, certain norms shouldn't be messed with. It's like saying "why do I need to breath", I should be able to to decide if I breath or not. No one should have to force me to breath because I think it's unnatural, like come on.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ollie, wow. Ok let's start with STDs shall we. I do not personally, (to my knowledge) know anyone with AIDS/HIV. I don't know why gay men have higher rates as opposed to straight people, and I don't know why they don't form meaningful monogamous relationships. Perhaps since the chances of pregnancy are null they feel they don't need protection. I stand by my comment though, that being gay does not make one more susceptible to STDs as much as just not being careful (stupid). Of course not. AIDS is a equal opportunity infection agent. But as far as not knowing the other things when was the last time you took a looooong look at the guy staring back at you in the mirror. If the member in your pants doesn't control your life ... better think a little deeper on that. We're talking in general here about all human males.

Thank you for the stats on STDs. I understand where you are coming from with your comments about STDs. However, I am confused on your point. Yes STDs are a real fact and you have proven that with your link. But does this make it alright to bully gays. Hell no. Does it make it alright that they have to hide who they are? Depends on the situation doesn't it? In my mind, no. Beg to differ. Go make your declaration anywhere the PC police don't have regular patrols. That is what my OP is about. The fact that they have to hide who they are. Not that they are apparently promiscuous or bar hopping. I can stand behind them, but I can't tell them how to live their life. And no one else can either, which, as I said, is as it should be, but not even you can sheild them from the consequences of their decisions.

It sounds as though you have interaction with people who fall into the LGBT crowd. People you love and are related to. How can you look at the love that these couples have together and tell me they are just falling into the "in crowd". The ex-cousin is the only one that formed a monogamous relationship - that I know of - and she is a woman which makes a big difference in my book. If my blood cousin ever surfaces with a partner I'll let him know I unequivocally love him but nothing says I have to accept his choice of partners. After that we can go on with our beers. As stated previously, I'm straight, so I know I was born this way. I didn't choose to be straight. I just don't find people of my same sex near as appealing as the opposite sex. I know, I know! Jodi Foster broke my heart to pieces, too!

I don't even know where to go with your comment about guys getting that desperate..... I mean really! REALLY! You are telling me that guys just throw their hands up a say, well it's better than my hand tonight. Really.... Perhaps I'm unable to understand because I've never been that desperate. Yeah, REALLY! It's one of those deep, dark places of the mind I challenged you and your contributors to look deeply into with no fear. How old ARE you anyway?

Stick what out exactly? Stick out a dry spell from sex? Settle for an easy target? My friend (from the other day) has only been with one person in the last 12 years! He was afraid he would be found out so avoided relationships. Now, he stuck out the dry spell but guess what, he is STILL gay. What you are calling an easy target, well that was the hardest choice of his life! My heart and applause goes out to ONE, 1, UNO individual that has some incredible stamina! There are a few who wear The Collar that have been able to do that but way too many that have embarrassed their church with their weakness. Remember Paul said he beat his body into submission of his mind? loneliness is rampant in the city. Yeah, it can happen that way.

You can condemn me all you want for "encouraging evil". I only have to answer to one being and I'm pretty sure that you are not him. The last I checked Tyndale rejected my name in authorship of said collection of documents so I guess you're safe! .... From meeeeeeee.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

That was the worst attempt at humor I have seen all year. You really tried but you just don't have a sense of humor yet. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

i'm only proud enough to strive to fill their shoes.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

i think there is an old saying along the lines of you cannot change a crane into a duck and vice versa. people sometimes you just can't reach nor can you change them. my father in law is willfully belligerent 24/7 and might have a heart attack due to his behavior. no matter how many times i tell him, he just gets louder

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

mattsawaufo

That was the worst attempt at humor I have seen all year. You really tried but you just don't have a sense of humor yet. Sorry.

Aw, Matt, be nice. Doodle's op was sincere and from the heart. Work with it.

Doodle, buddy, look, I hope you invite your friend over for Christmas whether or not he has a family to share the season with or not and I hope you all have a great time. The mods have asked us all to have a Christmas truce and I really think we all ought to do just that.

To everyone: Sing, love, gain a few pounds,help those that can't and remember the Reason for the season.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mattsawaufo

It wasn't humor.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I'm sorry Ollie, but it seems that you have presumed that I have a little man in my pants to talk to about this. I'll ask my husband's it's thoughts, but his isn't good at intelligent conversation.

"How old are you anyway?" I'm 32, but it isn't polite to ask a lady her age.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Merry Christmas to you also. And thank you for the debate. (I don't see it as arguing.) You are welcome at my love fest anytime.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Who sets the norms though? How do we know that things don't occur through evolution? I believe as long as you harm no other, live your life.

I don't really expect an answer as I already know where it would go.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh, geeze, MY BAD! I could have sworn you'd made some kind of reference to yourself early on in this thread that made me think you were of the "less gentle" persuasion. I think we may have made replies to each other in the past, too, but I've slept since then. This does change a whole lot in my perspective of our conversation here. Men and women will never understand each other but we've got to keep the conversation going! Y'all are like a mystery religion I'll never learn enough about and always remain fascinated with.

And, at that "tender age", young lady, believe me you'll have plenty of time for head thumping "what was I thinking" moments ahead. I think I still have a bruise from the last time I did it! Good intentions and all of that.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join