It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3d holographic univers like imax screen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
rt.com...

Pretty crazy! Its amazing too. My appologies if this is the wrong thread I figured it kinda points to a simulation and that would be the orgin.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Drilluminati because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2013 by Drilluminati because: just in case wrong thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Drilluminati
rt.com...

Pretty crazy! Its amazing too. My appologies if this is the wrong thread I figured it kinda points to a simulation and that would be the orgin.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Drilluminati because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2013 by Drilluminati because: just in case wrong thread.

Hi, and please post a little more about what this is, what it signifies, what you think of it, etc. Not all of us click on every link, and ATS seems to go for a little more meat on its bones (said the vegan).
edit on 21-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Gotcha...my bad I got a little excited over this lol.

"we could be living inside a giant 3D projection of what is actually a two-dimensional space, similar to an IMAX movie theater screen or a painting." -link above

That statement is very powerful. Could we be artificial intelligence running on a "computer"? The implications of realizing this, if true is quite amazing. So is someone watching us and what if they "alter" the program. I would love to hear what they think about their creation. It sort of reminds me of tron in a way....just epic.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Drilluminati

Could we be artificial intelligence running on a "computer"?

Or perhaps more likely a replay of information held and projected from the event horizon of a Black Hole and replayed on its surface

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Don't fall for the people stating it must be supernatural because its hard to understand. The new age Gurus will try to do just that.

A decent explanation here.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Drilluminati

The Holographic Universe model is different then a Simulated Universe model.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

gortex

Could we be artificial intelligence running on a "computer"?

Or perhaps more likely a replay of information held and projected from the event horizon of a Black Hole and replayed on its surface

Wow...I just thought about this and it was just mind blowing. A black hole is the "projector" as information enters it the other side is like a monitor cable that connects to our brains?(sort of how you look at the screen to see other characters playing a fps but the players "brain" is in the tower) This is why so many unexplaned this happen to us. Ie the light sound and feeling problem we experience. There is so mich more "information" around us that we are unable to decode to understand the whole picture.

This may not do it justice but for a split second I saw it grasped it and like a tease it left wow ***** ... 5 stars
thankyou it was very beautiful.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Drilluminati because: cut some of message out ..weird

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

Drilluminati

The Holographic Universe model is different then a Simulated Universe model.

Can it not be both at the same time...a simulated universe projected holographically?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Drilluminati
Can it not be both at the same time...a simulated universe projected holographically?

It could but I think the material contained in your link deals only with the Holographic model.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

Drilluminati

It could but I think the material contained in your link deals only with the Holographic model.

Yes you are correct it was simulated on a computer. My excitedness reading into things. ..but I like my theory lol

So I am assuming here and I know what they say about that but here goes...ima assume it must be one of 2 things:
1) nature-meaning holograms are produced naturally
A) chance
B) creator
2) synthetic-somthing is controlling it or holding it in place (like an os)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You may find this interesting , I would recommend watching it all but the computer simulation theory part starts at around 38.40 .

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

A hologram is a collection of interference patterns. Throw some pebbles in a pond and you get interference patterns.

As far as showing that our Universe may holographic in nature. These computer simulations don't really do that. They are not really much more than mathematically curiosities. They didn't come up with a simulation of our Universe.

Neither of the model universes explored by the Japanese team resembles our own, Maldacena notes. The cosmos with a black hole has ten dimensions, with eight of them forming an eight-dimensional sphere. The lower-dimensional, gravity-free one has but a single dimension, and its menagerie of quantum particles resembles a group of idealized springs, or harmonic oscillators, attached to one another.
www.nature.com...

But they do provide a hint that maybe general relativity and quantum mechanics can actually be made to play nicely with each other, that string theory may be a valid model. But that's boring so it needs to be prettied up with talk about holograms (and all the misconceptions that people have about what a hologram actually is).

edit on 12/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I was reading this the other day and a holographic universe has made sense for awhile now. This goes back to things like Black Hole Thermodynamics and the great debates between Stephen Hawking and people like Leonard Susskind.

This means volume is an illusion. The 3 dimensional universe is a holographic projection of a process that's taking place on a distant, flat boundary surface. These things can be traced back to Plato and the Allegory of the Cave. Here's more:

If that were the case, then the universe would essentially be a hologram – a simpler, flatter cosmos without gravity – that is perceived much the same way that Plato described in his Allegory of the Cave.

“The work culminated in the last decade, and it suggests, remarkably, that all we experience is nothing but a holographic projection of processes taking place on some distant surface that surrounds us,” wrote physicist Brian Greene, of Columbia University. “You can pinch yourself, and what you feel will be real, but it mirrors a parallel process taking place in a different, distant reality.”

Plato compared human perception to some ancient cave-dweller watching shadows flicker across a dimly lit wall, and Green suggests that his metaphor may describe a reality that theoretical physicists are just beginning to map out.

“Reality — not its mere shadow — may take place on a distant boundary surface, while everything we witness in the three common spatial dimensions is a projection of that faraway unfolding,” Greene wrote. “Reality, that is, may be akin to a hologram. Or, really, a holographic movie.”

The holographic principle suggests there’s a two-dimensional surface that contains all the information needed to describe a three-dimensional object – even the universe.

www.rawstory.com...

So the 3 dimensional universe is a construct of information that's taking place on a distant boundary surface.

This will be hard for some people to accept because of what I call mind association. It goes back to Plato and the Cave. People will kill the messenger because their minds associate themselves with an objective 3 dimensional reality.

If you want a more technical explanation, here's an excellent lecture by Leonard Susskind titled The World as a Hologram.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

gortex

You may find this interesting , I would recommend watching it all but the computer simulation theory part starts at around 38.40 .

Thanks I look foward to watching this!! Thanks for the Info!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Phage

A hologram is a collection of interference patterns. Throw some pebbles in a pond and you get interference patterns.

As far as showing that our Universe may holographic in nature. These computer simulations don't really do that. They are not really much more than mathematically curiosities. They didn't come up with a simulation of our Universe.

Neither of the model universes explored by the Japanese team resembles our own, Maldacena notes. The cosmos with a black hole has ten dimensions, with eight of them forming an eight-dimensional sphere. The lower-dimensional, gravity-free one has but a single dimension, and its menagerie of quantum particles resembles a group of idealized springs, or harmonic oscillators, attached to one another.
www.nature.com...

But they do provide a hint that maybe general relativity and quantum mechanics can actually be made to play nicely with each other, that string theory may be a valid model. But that's boring so it needs to be prettied up with talk about holograms (and all the misconceptions that people have about what a hologram actually is).

edit on 12/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your explination. Its really interesting stuff to say the least! !

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Grimpachi
Don't fall for the people stating it must be supernatural because its hard to understand. The new age Gurus will try to do just that.

A decent explanation here.

See, I still don't go for it.

Take an apple, a 3d object, and put it in a blender. It's information is still there, but it can no longer be considered a 3d object that we know as an apple.

they're telling us that things within the black hole are still there in information and then represented in a holographic form as the objects we know.

How does this work. they never explain it. The properties of a black hole are insane gravitational forces that, while they may keep the information of what they ingest, destroy the coherence of it.

I don't go for it. It jumps from an idea, to an explanation and misses out on the crucial parts in the middle that allow it to be logically described.

I mean, either the explanation is fundamentally lacking that no one can reasonably explain it sufficiently, OR it just doesn't add up. And I am one of the people who look for things like this to entertain in my imagination, so it's not as if I am not trying.

Perhaps the explanations are so complex that in their complexity I could never understand them, but to render them down to a level where I could understand them, they become so abstractly meaningless that once more I am incapable of understanding them. ehh..

I can think of reality as a plethora of higher and lower dimensions that we can never perceive due to our limitations of this 3rd dimension, and that what we think of as physical reality is only the representation of those other dimensions interacting with each other. Like a room full of dust as the sun light shines into it through an open window, particles are illuminated and given form.

I imagine all of reality like a complex realm of particles that bring into existence the physical reality we perceive, by forces we will never be able to test. Like the tesseract is a mere representation of an entire 4 dimensional object in our 3 dimensional understanding, it is only a slice of what it actually is, because it is all we will ever be able to understand.

No computers, no programmers, no holograms.. just an absence of understanding based on our unfortunate position in reality.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No computers, no programmers, no holograms.. just an absence of understanding based on our unfortunate position in reality.
I hate reality.
But considering the options...
Unreality is pretty scary.

edit on 12/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by winofiend

I hate reality.
But considering the options...
Unreality is pretty scary.

edit on 12/22/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Amen to that!

oO

top topics

join