It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan evacuation aircraft fired on, US troops hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Four US service personnel have been wounded after an aircraft they were on was shot at on an evacuation mission in South Sudan, the US military says.

The aircraft was attacked as it approached Bor, which is occupied by forces loyal to the rebel former Vice-President Riek Machar, it added.

BBC News

Found this, looks interesting, someone fired on the aircraft

this could turn into something interesting or it could just fizzle out,

figured i would post it anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Seems one of the Ospreys was hit in a fuel line. And since they did not make the pick up I would expect one of two things the local forces will secure the area properly most likely with US advisors/monitors or a well armed combat force will deploy to secure the evacuation zone until everybody is out.
edit on 21-12-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Read while ago somewhere that Africa is the next Midd-east for America and allies, like French they really want to get their dirty hands there to right now. Maybe they have WMD hidden somewhere....

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by romilo

I've read that it looks like Begium and Poland will be joining France. It'll probably soon escalate into another NATO operation.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Firing on Americans rarely works out well. Obviously these clowns have more guns than brains.

edit on 21-12-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, OK?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

romilo
Read while ago somewhere that Africa is the next Midd-east for America and allies, like French they really want to get their dirty hands there to right now. Maybe they have WMD hidden somewhere....

The US does not want to get involved in Africa beyond training the locals to be able to secure their own states from coups, civil wars and chaos all of which is bad for trade. However, when comes to putting boots on the ground beyond that, not going to happen. The US would much prefer to work through its friends and allies in the region like Kenya, Ethopia, South Africa, Tanzania etc. to deal with problems. The French are much more hands on in their former colonies and Brits and the Belgium to a lesser degree. However the US will act to protect and evactuate its people, so it should be no suprise if a bunch of Marines pop up and take over and airfield in Southern Sudan for a few days.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Four US service personnel have been wounded after an aircraft they were on was shot at on an evacuation mission in South Sudan, the US military says.

The aircraft was attacked as it approached Bor, which is occupied by forces loyal to the rebel former Vice-President Riek Machar, it added.

BBC News

It's interesting that Sudan was one of the countries mentioned by General Wesley Clark in his famous "7 countries in 5 years" interview....

His timescale seems to have been off though.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by romilo

I read that the pacific was the next stop, with all the resource grabbing going on. The only thing we can be sure of is we will never really know.

What is going on is kept from us until it's over. After it is over a story is made up, to keep us all fighting and bickering.

Then they can move on to the next " crisis" we will never know the truth behind

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ugh, how barbarous! The fact that someone would make that desiscion on their own free-will to do something like that, it just disgusts me. I mean who told them to go to Sudan, why were they sent there in the first place? Absolutely horrifiying to think that we have troops all over the world now without our permission or knowlege of. Makes you take a time machine back to the later 30s and early 40s years, and I aint talking about 'our' side either -.-

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by romilo

I've read that it looks like Begium and Poland will be joining France. It'll probably soon escalate into another NATO operation.

Yeah my beloved country sends Special Forces to Mali to Gather Intelligence and do recon , meanwhile entire economic/social structure is going down the drain our government wants high tech JSF and engaging in war games.

We have 16.000.000 inhabitants in the Netherlands , but the Government Acts like its a Superpower , supporting this supporting that , go to war here to war there , meanwhile if i would be getting robbed and defended myself i would face charges...

But then again we will have the JSF to stop the looters....

TheGreazel.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It won't come to much - it seems the South Sudanese rebels may have mistook the aircraft for Ugandan aircraft, who have sent forces into South Sudan to prop up the Government. Also, the US personnel affected have already been evacuated to Nairobi.

It is sad that S.Sudan has flopped into another civil War. They only just got their independence after fighting another civil war for years against the Sudanese Government in Khartoum, now it seems they are fighting amongst themselves.

As always in Africa, it is split along tribal lines...
edit on 22/12/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'll bet they had another malfunction/accident with that turkey of an aircraft and are trying to blame it on enemy fire.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well these fellows will be in trouble the next time they attempt to go in. They will roll in with apaches next time and if they get fired on they will terminate them with prejudice and in self defense.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Morgil

OtherSideOfTheCoin

BBC News

It's interesting that Sudan was one of the countries mentioned by General Wesley Clark in his famous "7 countries in 5 years" interview....

His timescale seems to have been off though.

Southern Sudan did not exist at that point.

new topics

top topics

join