It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Saturn a Wormhole?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Seems to me some advanced technology race might use gas giants gravity to travel from one solar system to the next. Is Saturn possibly being used this way? Take a look at this link. This is what one of the poles of Saturn looks like. Sure looks like a portal or wormhole to me!

Saturn Wormhole

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Xeven
Seems to me some advanced technology race might use gas giants gravity to travel from one solar system to the next. Is Saturn possibly being used this way? Take a look at this link. This is what one of the poles of Saturn looks like. Sure looks like a portal or wormhole to me!

Saturn Wormhole

No.......just no...............

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

crazyewok

Xeven

Saturn Wormhole

No.......just no...............

You beat me to it. I was just going to go with "No". Neptune on the other hand...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The storm at the Saturn pole is no more a wormhole than a tornado/waterspout or hurricane/cyclone is on Earth. I would not advocate trying to travel within any of them to be honest.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

The hydrogues from saga of seven suns?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Erm, what makes you think you know what a "wormhole" looks like?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Although it is a pretty interesting pic from the OP's source. As above, so below.

First seen by the Voyager probe during its flyby in the early 1980s, this six-sided weather system stretches 15,000 miles (25,000 kilometers) across and contains storms of various sizes, including a distinct vortex that appears to sit directly over the planet’s north pole.

Packing winds clocked at 200 miles (322 kilometers) per hour, planetary scientists believe the hexagon—unique amongst all the planets in the solar system—is a wavy jet stream.

“The hexagon is just a current of air,” said Andrew Ingersoll, a Cassini imaging team member at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena in a press statement, “and weather features out there that share similarities to this are notoriously turbulent and unstable.”

I suspect Richard Hoagland from "Enterprisemission" will be gaga over this, as he has promoted data about hexagonic storms and their place in the universe.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Xeven

An imaging team member saying there's AIR on Saturn?
Definately a wormhole.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Tucket

The term "air" does not necessarily mean it is breathable by humans. The term can be used to generally mean "atmospheric gasses".

For example, I could say "The air on Venus is caustic to humans".

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Tucket

The term "air" does not necessarily mean it is breathable by humans. The term can be used to generally mean "atmospheric gasses".

You could say that. Its inaccurate and probably misleading to some but its not a big deal.
If I was releasing a press statement from said institute, Id try using the proper terminology. Just to be professional about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Looks like a wormhole or it could be water spinning down a plughole but either way they're cool pics

edit on 21-12-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Xeven

Looks like a wormhole or it could be water spinning down a plughole but either way they're cool pics

edit on 21-12-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Nice, look at those massive and consistent layers and structures in there.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Xeven
Seems to me some advanced technology race might use gas giants gravity to travel from one solar system to the next.

Humans have been using gravity-assist for spacecraft using planets for decades :-p en.wikipedia.org...
The Voyager spacecraft are on their way out of the Solar System as we speak.

And no, Saturn's hexagonal storm isn't a wormhole. A wormhole is supposed to be a black hole.

Tucket

Aleister
reply to post by Xeven

Definately a wormhole.

There are gasses on Saturn, plenty of them. It is, after all, a gas giant.

edit on 21-12-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Tucket

Soylent Green Is People

Tucket

You could say that. Its inaccurate and probably misleading to some but its not a big deal.
If I was releasing a press statement from said institute, Id try using the proper terminology. Just to be professional about it.

The problem is there are different levels of understanding. Most press releases assume no more than an 8th grade level of vocabulary in the US at least.

Thus "atmosphere" becomes "air".

And Saturn being a wormhole is about the silliest misinterpretation of planetary imagery I've seen other than from Richard Hoaxland.
edit on 21-12-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

What's your game? I never said there wasn't gasses on Saturn..

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No.

And No again.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The Giant machinery that they have making the rings there ...as in "The Ring Makers of Saturn" would make sense. Somehow the rings are related to interstellar travel. Maybe not..but interesting theory!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
perhaps a more open minded perspective is needed here,
the image of the storm looks like what we have come to understand as wormhole technology by our limited understanding and who is to say that a race of advanced beings couldn't develop technology to manipulate the raw gasses of Saturn and the magnetic fields to create stable wormholes for outer galactic travel it is a gas giant. fleets of ships could come out of that thing . definitely sparks the imagination and I would love to know more about the properties of that "storm" and Saturn and the freaky 2d rings as well cause my imagination is leaning towards Saturn is a white hole..........................

edit on 21-12-2013 by technomage1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join