It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-Wing Group Seeks Help Rewriting the Bible Because It's Not Conservative Enough

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

If it isn't a POE, I'm outraged. If it is a POE, I'm slightly less outraged and slightly more amused.

Oh and by the way, I love how you keep coming up with beautiful avatars.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So the Bible is the word of God and men have the audacity to change it to reflect what they want. Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'd give anything if I had time to work through this whole thread and ferret out what is real debate and what's sarcasm but, as a deep conservative myself who hasn't been to church in years, I'd like to offer up to anyone that is interested in Bible study "The Chronicle Project" website found here: www.thechronicleproject.org...

I first became very interested in finding out just how much of the original meaning of the scriptures had changed over the years when I heard Chuck Swindol doing his word studies on his radio program. From there it became obvious that our KJV is a woefully incomplete and hopelessly dumbed-down version of a religious document collection. After taking some time to get over that revelation I started digging through every likely source of information on this from Edward Cayce to the Torah (English translation, of course). The Chronicle Project is shocking enough and takes some time to understand where they're coming from but these people have no agenda and don't accept donations from anyone as they state clearly on their website.

There IS a lot that needs to be done to bring clearer original meaning out of the scriptures and I've always wondered why God allowed the early Catholic church to bury and destroy so much information. If there was ever a reason for Christ to come back and kick some a** THAT was it!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

Wow, Ollie, that site looks really interesting!
Thanks for posting it. I've looked at a few pages now - but will have to dig in to get a better grasp of it.

Anyway, awesome contribution!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ollie769
I'd give anything if I had time to work through this whole thread and ferret out what is real debate and what's sarcasm but, as a deep conservative myself who hasn't been to church in years, I'd like to offer up to anyone that is interested in Bible study "The Chronicle Project" website found here: www.thechronicleproject.org...

I first became very interested in finding out just how much of the original meaning of the scriptures had changed over the years when I heard Chuck Swindol doing his word studies on his radio program. From there it became obvious that our KJV is a woefully incomplete and hopelessly dumbed-down version of a religious document collection. After taking some time to get over that revelation I started digging through every likely source of information on this from Edward Cayce to the Torah (English translation, of course). The Chronicle Project is shocking enough and takes some time to understand where they're coming from but these people have no agenda and don't accept donations from anyone as they state clearly on their website.

There IS a lot that needs to be done to bring clearer original meaning out of the scriptures and I've always wondered why God allowed the early Catholic church to bury and destroy so much information. If there was ever a reason for Christ to come back and kick some a** THAT was it!

I went to the link and read awhile - totally amazing! This may the ultimate answer to the skeptics and scoffers. To the believer, it is a rock-solid resource on Hebrew language origins.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by schuyler

People have been re-writing the Bible for over 2,000 years. It's a time-honored tradition.

Indeed. And where has that 're-writing' gotten us as a species? Overloaded with heartache, rancor, child abuse, hatred, oppression, and trouble. Not so keen.

edit on 12/23/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

sorry, but those are human foibles. nothing to do with the bible.

people blame the bible and God for their own BS.

whaaaaaa, why doesn't god fix this?!!!

wake up people. it's all your fault.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Hey, Laz,
can you make sense of it?

I'm having a hard time with the Paraphrased English, lots of dangling pronouns (like "your" with nothing following it....your 'what'? Your family? Offspring? Face? Life?) and incomplete sentences/phrases...

v24 So Creator shall bless your and shall
warn your.
v25 So Creator shall endure his face to
come to your and so bestow to your.
v26 So Creator shall set forth his face to
come to your, and will hold it up to see
toward your, those to be going to.
v27 And to locate being to join his name to
appear over the sons of Israel and then
afterwards, to populate your.

thechronicleproject.org...
edit on 12/24/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

tsingtao

wildtimes
reply to post by schuyler

People have been re-writing the Bible for over 2,000 years. It's a time-honored tradition.

Indeed. And where has that 're-writing' gotten us as a species? Overloaded with heartache, rancor, child abuse, hatred, oppression, and trouble. Not so keen.

edit on 12/23/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

people blame the bible and God for their own BS.

whaaaaaa, why doesn't god fix this?!!!

wake up people. it's all your fault.

So we should only care about God when things are going according to plan?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Yes, they are human foibles, but when people commit those foibles and justify their decisions to do so on a "holy text", it becomes problematic.
No?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

wildtimes

Hey, Laz,
can you make sense of it?

I'm having a hard time with the Paraphrased English, lots of dangling pronouns (like "your" with nothing following it....your 'what'? Your family? Offspring? Face? Life?) and incomplete sentences/phrases...

I've read enough text from other languages to know that it is no easy task, and the results without a bit of inspiration, are too often gibberish, or at best, difficult to understand. That is the magic of the KJV, but the beautiful language has its own limitations. Other versions are much more accurate - it's kind of like lies spoken by Christopher Lee sound more impressive than the truth spoken by Paul Reubens... Be patient, for the work of the Chronicle Project is, I think, in the very early stages. As I like to say, they have barely dipped their toe into an ocean.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hey people! The Chronicle Project's translation is a straight one that doesn't pay any attention to English grammer. It's just the straight words translated in a new way. I've always hoped that more Jewish sources would pay attention to the site and provide some insight but, as I understand it, some have even tried to stymie their efforts early on if not actually shut them down.

A shot of your favorite adult beverage while reading is often not such a bad idea. If that doesn't appeal to you try crossing your eyes and reading between the lines! "Your", more often than not, can simply be changed to "you". In their opening statements in the website they give a lot of reasoning behind their transliterations.
edit on 24-12-2013 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

crazyewok
Rewriteing the bible is strictly forbidon in the bible. Read the last chapter of revalation its pretty clear on the matter.

Yes, perhaps it is... but that doesn't stop the individual from
coming to terms with the meaning for themselves... the fact
is the Bible is open for interpretation. Just because you can
find a passage that says "there is no private interpretation"
doesn't mean there is only one correct view. Duh!

Having said that, I reduce the entire Bible to three principles:

1) Respect (love) your enemies
2) Respect (love) yourself
3) Respect (love) the Divine Being

The order is important because you can not do later without
first doing the former... when people reverse that order then
they imagine loving god = hating others (and end up lacking
respect and love for themselves).

The key is to know, and respect, you enemy.
If your greatest struggle is lust, that is your enemy.
If your greatest struggle is pride, know that enemy.
If your greatest struggle is anger, respect you anger.

To respect an enemy is to know it's power and to
trust it will do what it has always done. Beware
of your enemy, and learn to master it. You can
trust you enemy to do what it has always done,
therefore KNOW and RESPECT your enemy.

Freedom isn't just being free to do as you please,
freedom is also liberty from what would enslave you.
As Jesus said, the soul who sin is a slave to sin. The
question is can you stop sinning? My answer: not until
you learn to KNOW and RESPECT your enemy.

That might not be the gospel, but it is a code of ethics
that lays under all religious teaching and instruction.
What the gospel brings is hope, grace and mercy
and we all need that in great measure.

edit on 24-12-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

On the subject of conspiracy and changing what the Bible says....
...anyone ever run across the "Great Zionist Bible Conspiracy."

You'll have to look it up on-line because I don't have any links to
provide but it basically makes the case the Cyrus Scofield corrupted
the Biblical message by adding pro-Zionist propaganda in his footnotes.
The amazing thing is this was done like a 100 years before the State
of IS.RA.EL was formally established in Palestine.

Okay here is one quote I found:

Prof. David W. Lutz claims, "Untermeyer used Scofield, a Kansas city lawyer with no formal training in theology, to inject Zionist ideas into American Protestantism. Untermeyer and other wealthy and influential Zionists whom he introduced to Scofield promoted and funded the latter's career, including travel in Europe."

source: Stuart Littlewood’s book Radio Free Palestine, with Foreword by Jeff Halper, can now be read on the internet by visiting www.radiofreepalestine.org.uk.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

I'll try and do a search on that but it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't one of more than many that started pushing for a return to Israel by the Jews. After all, it was prophesied in the Old Testament so that momentum has been there for quite some time.

I've tried to make the point to my Fundamentalist friends that the nation of Israel and the Jewish religion aren't inextricably linked and often don't have anything to do with each other at all. They can blow the country of Israel to Kingdom Come, probably will, and not derail the path of prophesy but probably play into it. While I think that whatever "God" is has been interacting with humankind long before the Jewish scriptures were being written I believe if you can strip away all the politics, propaganda and traditional fairy tales you'll find God has, indeed, chosen Judaism as one of a few methods of interfacing with us. There ARE others. There's much more to it than meets the fundamentalist eye but it has been suppressed and dumbed down to, yes, #1, control people but, also, #2, dumb it down to feed to the superstitious masses.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

GuidedKill
I find it funny how everyone is outraged by the rewriting of work of fiction in the first place. You do realize this is probably how the bible was written anyway. A bunch of idealistic people got together and wrote a book on how they think people should live.

To me it's like getting upset because they rewrote the original superman movie. Laughable at best.

It's much more complicated than that. The books are seperate you know wrtten over the generations, look up biblical archeology and look up the history of the books and ancient text they were taken from.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I use the KJV

But if you want a good informative Bible check out this one

NIV Archaeological Study Bible: An Illustrated Walk Through Biblical History and Culture

www.amazon.com...
edit on 113131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Morning,

You always have such thought provoking threads.
It's going to take me a while to go through all this to even begin to comment on the subject at hand.
Kudos ma'am.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, isn't this a bizarre turn of events.
I know what some of you out there were thinking when you read this...

And The Lord said unto Noah: "Yo Dawg...s'up?"

Stay tuned for another episode of "Pimp my Ark"!

-Peace-
edit on 3-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Addition

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join