It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch This Freaky Gyro Cube Balance Perfectly, Defying Gravity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Phage
I don't think vector compensation is exactly defying gravity but gyroscopes are neat and this thing is totally bitchin.

"totally bitchin" ?... breaking character there, Phage? maybe SO can put it in your Christmas stocking, but, I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You've all been fooled, it's cgi, lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

WeRpeons
You've all been fooled, it's cgi, lol.

Ya like can't you tell the cube is all pixelated LOL
Ya CGI for sure.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

MysterX

Phage
I don't think vector compensation is exactly defying gravity but gyroscopes are neat and this thing is totally bitchin.

This might seem neat, but when you think about it, it's pretty stupid.

Why bother having a cube balance on its corners or edges, stopping and starting to flip itself from one edge to another, 'as a means of locomotion', when all that's required is to dispense with the edge flipping and the rest of it, and build the thing into a sphere instead.

A sphere will move in a fluid and smooth way, has the benefit of using gained momentum and rolling to conserve energy and cover greater distances much faster...a cube, however neat looking it is, wont.

Building this into a sphere directly or inserting this cube into a spherical shell, would make much more sense if efficient movement is the goal.

But imagine the party tricks you could have if you rented a mansion for a night, invite visitors and tell them
that they are on a ghost hunt. Then you lead them into a room with a bunch of childrens spelling cubes (A,B,C) sitting on a table. Then you leave the guest there alone for a moment, then the blocks start rearranging themselves to spell "G-O A-W-A-Y".

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
how do you think the segways is balanced...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

chrismarco

Aliens?
God?
edit on 12/21/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by JadeStar

Thanks.

Interesting that schoolkids are building these small cubesats.

Perhaps this is the smarter way to go when we're talking about space exploration and observations..many small scopes, reporting what they image to one or more larger satellites that in turn relay the data back to Earth.

I'd imagine a few hundred of these sized scopes (or rolling rover type planetary probes) working in concert and relaying their fairly short range comms in a daisy-chain method until the larger satellites can recieve it would be a cheaper and more effective option than one or two large telescopes or rovers.

Yes, there are plenty interesting uses for cubesats. They are small, relatively cheap and they're finding new uses for them all the time.

A self assembling rover like you said is an intriguing idea as is a huge space interferometer made up of hundreds of these telescopes precision flying relative to each other.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That would be perfect for a mono wheel Motorcycle.
The idea has been tinkered with for ages.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Phage

chrismarco

Aliens?
God?

Trick question.

Segways are clearly free-energy devices and as such do not follow the laws of physics and need not be balanced. You sure fell for that one.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Phage

chrismarco

Aliens?
God?

Trick question.

Segways are clearly free-energy devices and as such do not follow the laws of physics and need not be balanced. You sure fell for that one.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

mash3d
That would be perfect for a mono wheel Motorcycle.
The idea has been tinkered with for ages.

Mr. Garrison perfected it though.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

neobludragon
"self-assembling robots" that sounds scary

It isn't scary until they become "self-replicating robots."
M-Blocks were mentioned and they "self-assemble"
Sounds to me like everything is leading towards the idea of being able to deploy and build a base without human interaction.

Block Bots large enough to be building blocks that move themselves.
3D Printers able to print houses, and other structures or shapes.
The ability to "cold-spray" metal to repair and seal joints and manufacture parts.
In 5 years we could be back on the moon with a 3 story base. Custom built and fitted. It would all be prototype stuff, but it could work. Just a matter of applying the things we have learned in multiple fields into one goal.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

In a way I agree, but at the same time I WANT ONE

My Question is :
Have We Just Uninvented the Wheel????

Tom
edit on 24-12-2013 by wutz4tom because: CHIVAS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join