It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: Kids ‘owe’ it to their moms to enroll in Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

First lady Michelle Obama told “Keeping it Real with Reverend Al Sharpton” that children owe it to their mothers to enroll in Obamacare.

“You know, young people aren’t just living out there on their own. If they get sick and can’t afford it, who’s going to have to come in and clean up that financial mess but the parents and grandparents who care about them?”

And quickly came the punch line.

“So young people owe it to their mothers, to give mothers the peace of mind to know that they are insured and that they can take care of themselves if something goes wrong.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

So now we have the 'Guilt Trip' strategy.....wonder how well that will work, being as the polls show many young adults no longer trust Obama, much less Obamacare.

I do believe Obama's deceitfulness is finally taking its toll
Many people, of all ages, no longer have confidence in Obama

edit on 21-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N

All of these last minute desperate moves by this administration and their supporters should be enough for ANYONE to see that Obamacare is a trainwreck in the making.

I would feel sorry for the Obamas for such a massive failure- but I dont because of all of the people whom are going to suffer because of this ignorant law.

Federal takeover= is all this is- and all that it is about.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Doesn't this just wanna make you puke, it does me, she can't even make sense.

and her husband seems to be just as dumb, I voted for him and i will be glad when its all over.

I'm gonna go puke now

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You know what??? If the product (Obamacare) was REALLY that awesome people would be signing up right and left. They would be crashing the site (for real, not just saying it's so) several times on a daily basis.

All of this advertising trying to hit every demographic known to man screams DESPERATION.

They have other groups stepping out (on their own of course) to help advertise this wonderful service....

It's sad. If the product was as good as they say, they would not have needed any advertising.

This guilt trip will work about as good as the rest of their ploys. They are going to go down with the ship because they can't admit that it's not perfect and not what the people wanted.

That is of course if they didn't roll out a pile of crap on purpose.

edit on 12/21/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Common Good
D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N

All of these last minute desperate moves by this administration and their supporters should be enough for ANYONE to see that Obamacare is a trainwreck in the making.

I would feel sorry for the Obamas for such a massive failure- but I dont because of all of the people whom are going to suffer because of this ignorant law.

Federal takeover= is all this is- and all that it is about.

He doesn't realize how much respect he would gain if he would just Man-Up, admit failure, swallow his pride and claim the AHA an Epic Failure and tell the people not to worry, we are scrapping Obamacare and going to start over.

BUT...........................the narcissistic Obama we all know will never allow this to happen
Admitting failure is NOT one of his qualities, hence why that will never happen
*sigh*

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I voted for him and i will be glad when its all over.

Ouch........bet that hurt !!
[Just playing
]

You & everyone else will be glad when it's over

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Yea- that wont happen, I agree.

He is too much in love with his own ego.

Hes smarter than the rest of America- in his own mind.

The rest of America is wrong- and he will always be right.

Unfortunately- millions of people are going to have to suffer before healthcare will be repealed. At that time- it still wont be his fault.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

LMAO
There is something VERY FISHY.. if goverment needs to use sexist and sex appealing advertising to sell their product.
Im not sure are people stupid or are they treated stupid.. maybe both regarding if this add sells lol.

Guess what, this was done with your tax money.. to sell you goverment program. This kind of advertising is ok when it considers commercial products in private sector...

Public.. TAX..
Goverment.. SEX...
... i just can´t believe what im seeing..

edit on 21-12-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If anything Obama "OWES" the American people a president that works for the people , he OWES the people a product that works as he said it would , and if Michelle thinks that mom would have a hard time helping her kids because they don't have insurance, how about when mom has to help pay for something that is over priced and unaffordable for most people ?
But I really don't see all that many moms "cleaning up the mess" that Michelle's husband made for all of us ...she needs to grow up and join the real world and see that her husband is a chronic lier , she get mad when he flirts at a funeral but stands by him when he screws the country .

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
600mil and counting.

lol!!

he will have to get europe to sign up, to pay for this.

all these ads cost money, who is paying, again?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'm certainly tired of the blatant manipulation and the school has gotten a couple calls over the years about sending political propaganda home with our son. Either party, we haven't cared. Children aren't pawns for adults to play. Not decent adults anyway.

There is nothing remotely decent about using kids for political ends.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
No parent should ever say their child owes them anything. They didn't choose to be born. It's the worst trick parents can play on their kids. Leaving them with a constant guilt for being born and incapable of living a spontaneous life.

Michelle should keep her useless parenting advise to herself and her own family.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Forcing people to buy a product that doesnt work and expecting them to like it. Sounds like they're totally desperate eh. All in all It's a product that goes against economics 101. It's taking away the supply (doctors and insurance) and expecting the price (premiums) to go down.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What about us fathers? Do we not deserve the peace of mind that our children are insured?
Or perhaps she only speaks for the inner city youths that statistically do not know their fathers.

I demand she be suspended for offending fathers

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Honestly anything that Michelle Obama says goes in one ear and out the other. There has never been any evidence presented that proves she has any intelligence or common sense that would make something she says noteworthy. Being First Lady to me is on par with being a "B Movie" actress- no skill or intelligence required- just look nice and nod a lot!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
this thread is a complete waste of the last 5 minutes I've been reading it.....what you are saying is that Michele is asking young adult children to take responsibility for their own health care, and you find that bad. so you want parents to pay for their health for a year?...a few years?.... or until these adult children say mommy and daddy can quit paying?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
oh...oh...I get it now...I'm a little slow on the uptick...this is just another Obama rant abut nothing of importance for you right-wingers...sorry...carry on....

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

In most cases it just doesn't make any economic sense for kids to buy Obama care. At several levels.

If parents want to deflect the burden their low wage children would have to face until they can get strapped up in the world a bit better that's their business.

edit on 21-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

littled16

Honestly anything that Michelle Obama says goes in one ear and out the other. There has never been any evidence presented that proves she has any intelligence or common sense that would make something she says noteworthy. Being First Lady to me is on par with being a "B Movie" actress- no skill or intelligence required- just look nice and nod a lot!

Yea she's basically batting for her husband admonishing parents as well to boot the children off their private health care. Not for any sort of higher economic moral questions to answer here but just so more cash come into the AHC system.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do you even have grown children in their 20s? I have 2 and neither can afford health coverage through the ACA exchanges but do not qualify for help from Medicaid or anything else. I'd much rather help my grown kids with their medical expenses than for them to have to choose between paying for overpriced health insurance or paying their rent and buying groceries. Have you even checked out the deductibles for the ACA exchanges? Go read some more and come back later...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join