It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont think im supposed to be saying this...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by scojak

You have brought up an interesting hypothesis, but in all honesty, it's a very flimsy theory. And trying to prove religion with science is never a good idea. Science requires certainty and 100%. Religion is dependent on faith, and faith produces numbers like 50%.

You can have statistical information on spiritual experiences if you allow the observer effect to science and by that examine the blind spot that science have if it excludes the observer effect. And in the Op there was no mention of any religion, only that the OP loved god. And in that case what god means depends on the OP definition of the word god.

You can be spiritual and experience spiritual without believing in a man made religion. Sometimes your ideas are based on experiences (measuring/experiencing "what is" and then make a theory).
edit on 21-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

When I flip my monitor upside down i get an ID10T error...

Congrats OP on enticing me into performing math at 6 AM....

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

You can have statistical information on spiritual experiences if you allow the observer effect to science and by that examine the blind spot that science have if it excludes the observer effect. And in the Op there was no mention of any religion, only that the OP loved god. And in that case what god means depends on the OP definition of the word god.

I see your point, but I don't think adding the numbers in your birthday qualifies as a spiritual experience. My point was that in the math and science departments, even 99.9% isn't good enough (in most cases), and 50% gets you laughed out of the room.

You can be spiritual and experience spiritual without believing in a man made religion. Sometimes your ideas are based on experiences (measuring/experiencing "what is" and then make a theory).

I only used the word 'religion' because of it was a better word to use next to "science". Replace it with 'religion' with 'God" and the statements are still accurate.
edit on 12/21/2013 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have a hard time following what your saying. I like numbers and am a big prophecy nerd. You know finding patterns or looking where they don't exist is a form of mental illness. What about years with severe psychological damage? In 1/24/1997 I almost died, got hit by a train. On 12/24/2004 there was a really big earthquake tsunami in Japan or China, I started acting "wacky " as my mom called it had to Drop out of college and thought of hurting self.

I was born 11/6/1983 and 5 years older than you. How exactly does this " numbers " thing work out. Nothing really big happened on dates since then been pretty level. Just felt really bad or compassion for those people and watching too much TV.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

thefourthjokerscard
This only works 50% of the time but it indicates that life is completely predetermined, and yes i love GOD!

So my wife thought that if you hold a pin on a string over your wrist when you are pregnant the direction it swings will tell you the whether it is a girl or boy. Well it told my wife it was a girl and we had a boy...that is what 50% gets ya...

BTW there is a God because if I flip a coin I get a 50% chance it is heads....

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well it worked for me. Added up to 1998, the year my husband decided he wanted a divorce - 24 yr marriage. My husband's add to 1984 - his grandfather, a significant part of his life, passed. My mom adds to 1944, my dad was overseas in the war. This is fun.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

If u dont mind me asking... What blood type are you???

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thefourthjokerscard

I thought that i would remind everyone (IF YOU HAVE A PENIS THIS PROBABLY DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!) I have come across some coincidence that in some instinces this apply to man... But like i said not likely...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

November 02, 1988. So, 11-02-1988. 11 + 2 = 13. 1988 + 13 = 2001. In 2001 I was just beginning Secondary School. Nowhere near old enough to have experienced a deeply personal emotional connection with someone, and conceive a child. I guess I am an anomaly, a ghost-in-God's-machine.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

scojak

I see your point, but I don't think adding the numbers in your birthday qualifies as a spiritual experience. My point was that in the math and science departments, even 99.9% isn't good enough (in most cases), and 50% gets you laughed out of the room.

When dealing with synchronicity you are always laughed at. And the person who have noticed synchronicity laughs back at the persons laughing since they are in a way believing a thing that has become absurd to the one who have experienced it (like believing the planet is flat).

I only used the word 'religion' because of it was a better word to use next to "science". Replace it with 'religion' with 'God" and the statements are still accurate.

I agree about man made god. So seek yourself and test what is real if you wanna know. Even in the bible it says: Those who search for me find me. 7 lamps in revelation 7 chakras in Hinduism. Knowledge/experience trumps faith.
edit on 21-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Even in the bible it says: Those who search for me find me. 7 lamps in revelation 7 chakras in Hinduism.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by this? I'm not sure if I follow. I know that there are plenty of examples of "7" in religion, such as:

- 7 double-letters in Hebrew
- 7 lamps in Revelation
- 7 Chakra in Hinduism
- 7 Anunnaki in Mesopotamian paganism
- 7 Latifah in Sufism
- 7 celestial spheres / planets in European Occultism
- 7 rays in theosophical Hindu astrology

But you can also do this with the number 3:

- The Trinity in Christianity: Father, Son, Holy Ghost
- The Norse triad: Odin, Vili, Ve
- The Gaulish triad: Taranis, Teutates, Esus
- The triple moon-goddess in Greece: Artemis, Diana, Hecate
- Hecate herself, who has three faces
- The Celtic Brighid, who is three sisters
- The Celtic Trí Dée Dána: Goibhniu, Creidhne, Luchta
- The three-fold nature of Khepri, Ra, and Atum/Knum
- The Trimūrti in Hinduism: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva
- The Anatolian triple-goddess, virgin, mother, crone: Qadesh, Anat, Asherah

This can also be done with 5, as well as other numbers. Could you explain to me what you see in the 7 lamps and 7 chakras, please?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Seeing as I was born in the last month at the end of the year I would be an older mother (35), didn't work for me, 7 years off.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I thought that i would remind everyone (IF YOU HAVE A PENIS THIS PROBABLY DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!)

I do indeed have a penis.....but I have applied your algorithm to all of the penile deficient members of my family with no success whatsoever!.........please help!

Do I need to cut them to determine blood groups?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What evidence do you have that this 'works" 50% of the time? In order to prove this you would have to take a truly random sample of sufficient size to subject it to statistical analysis, then plot the results to see if they are significant. As far as I can tell you haven't done that. Also, your "50%" statistic seems to be drawn out of thin air. You have no basis to make that claim.

Looking at the potential numbers you could get, they would range from your birth year + 2 (1/1/birth year) to your birth year plus 43 (12/31/birth year). Given that you are likely to have children in your twenties or thirties, it shouldn't be surprising that you would derive a number in the ballpark fairly often. But that hardly equates to 50%. It's more like a little over 2% to hit a valid answer randomly, i.e.: You could get a "valid" answer a little over 2% of the time, but this would be entirely due to randomness.

At least so far, your conclusion is completely invalid. You are making ZERO sense. "Denying Ignorance" you are not.
edit on 12/21/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You people are angry... This isnt just birthdates, its psychological trauma... Umm with that note, im not sure that this works??? Iv had many coincidences, just polling the theory... so i got a lot of nos... this is ok... im not afraid to laugh at myself thx... I was just wondering if this only appeals to me??? Also little more weird... my D.O.B is 5-9-88 the last four of my SS# is 8865... its a very weird mirrored number... who am i? who are you?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My sister got into astrology awhile ago, and this thing with numbers might just be a mere coincidence. I don't know that much about astrology but I don't believe in it. Uhhhh..... Do me , do me. So 11+6=17+ 1983 is 2000 . 1+24=25+1997=2022??? I don't know how to do this I am not skilled like you people are. So what does that mean? Did I do it right?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

NerdGoddess
Am I just too tired, or are you saying your daughter was conceived 14 years after you were born? I got confused there. Apologies.

You WIN!! He is saying in his own example that he was 14 years old when he helped conceive his own daughter. Not too ethical for a person that says he is a God-fearing person....

edit on 21-12-2013 by ItDepends because: format fix

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

thefourthjokerscard
reply to post by schuyler

You people are angry... This isnt just birthdates, its psychological trauma...

No, I'm not angry at all, just frustrated that someone would believe this kind of tripe. Even if it's "psychological trauma," the same issue applies. You have not come anywhere near proving your case. And in terms of numerology, if that's what you think you are doing, well, you're not. Your method is not how numerology works.

I'm not at all opposed to connections based on something like synchronicity rather than cause and effect. For example, I have cast hundreds of astrology charts (manually, without benefit of computer programs), not because I think planets have some sort of rays that influence people, but because their positions reflect meaningful moments in time that can be correlated.

The very idea that you say your method "only works 50% of the time" should tell you right there that it is not valid, but that's assuming you've made the calculations, and I see no evidence that you have. You haven't even proven your 50% figure, much less anything even remotely approaching a significant correlation.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

NerdGoddess

Oh okay, sorry didn't mean to put you on the spot about being 14, it happens. I wanted to make sure I was reading your post correctly. So mine would be 6+9=15+1991=2006.

It doesn't work for me but that's okay!

*WAIT.

I did have something really messed up happen to me when i was 15. Don't want to get into details or throw a pity party but maybe you ARE on to something.

edit on 12/21/2013 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

With that smile i would say you came through whatever it was just fine. Good for you....

And for the teen mom i get the sense things are OK for you as well........

We seem to forget that in this country women were usually married and or raising a family by the time she was fourteen. She also did more work than most any man and still took care of him. Women will always be the backbone of this country and they don't get the credit they deserve.

The Bot
edit on 21-12-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'm sure you're a wonderful person, but I can't really find anything to discuss in this thread so I just have to hit and run, apologies.

If you do match the numbers can i ask what blood type are you. Im RH-
I didn't know Rh negative was a blood type. I thought they were thing like A, B, AB, and O. I'm also an Rh negative, but I don't think I want to know what the significance of that is. I'm afraid you'll tell me that it's a sign that I'm crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join