It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Pregnant Woman Be Taken Off Life Support?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

The Judge just gave the order to remove life support from the pregnant woman.. Very Sad..

God bless them

Thanks for update. indeed. RIP......

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Hellas

The Judge just gave the order to remove life support from the pregnant woman.. Very Sad..

God bless them

Thanks for update. indeed. RIP......

Yes, thank you. I just heard the news. The judge handed down the order that she be removed no later than 5pm Monday.

I was coming to post the update when I saw yours. I appreciate it. Just heard it myself.

Poor family, I am so sad it nearly took an act of congress to get some peace.

Now, they can move on and properly mourn their losses. Both of them.

I am glad the baby was given the chance, but, as we found out, it wasn't a good turnout. The baby isn't forming properly, which means it was damaged during the mothers' illness and death.

I saw some comments in another thread about this, that people just want to abort deformed or handicapped babies, and that they have no place in society.

I have a problem with that, because this incident happened to the mother in a very important formative stage of development for the baby. It is not only obvious now, with testing, the baby is deformed, but likely would not survive after birth IF brought to term anyway, due to critical brain and nerve deformities.

At this point, it is the compassionate thing to do, for everyone involved, but most particularly, the baby. There is untold agony and pain in his or her short future, otherwise.

There is a place for compassion in our world, and using harsh terms like murder, or even abortion in a time like this is heartless and cold.

The state simply asked for a chance to see. They got their chance, they tested, they saw. They state should take responsibility for those bills, as well. I hope they treat this family with the respect and courtesy due to them now, and that they have been all along.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Quadrivium
reply to post by windword

This case is different. I am sorry for the family but........the baby has the right to life.
We all know that, legally, a woman's rights supersede that of their unborn child. In this case the mother is legally brain dead. She can no longer make the choice of whether her baby should live or die. The husband, as in the case of abortion, should not have a say. It is now the child's right to choose. Wait until he or she is 18 and ask them.

In a hypothetical scenario what is your opinion on "living wills" and would it be the right thing to do for the government to completely ignore the will of the mother if she was ever in this situation?

In other words, once you're legally braindead the government has total control over your body and declaring you would like a termination of any pregnancy at such an early stage when you are braindead would be ignored, consider the suffering of the family too who are left just watching a loved one in a situation knowing they've made their wishes clear beforehand but being denied.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Depends on how far along the woman is. A fetus is viable to survive so at 22 weeks I'd say keep her alive as long as there's no evidence of damage to it.

Every case is going to have a different right and wrong answer.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would say yes keep her alive, let the baby live. Then if the family doesnt want it, then give it up for adoption. I am a firm supporter of a womans right to have an abortion, but if that life can be saved I say save it.

This is a hard one for me. One half of me says they have the right to pull the plug, and the other says if they can keep the body alive then save the baby.

Then there is if the baby is going to have any sort of brain dammage. If thats the case and it within the legal limits then they should have the choice.

Thats all I have.

Udate: Oh so they did? Thats sad, too bad the baby wasnt going to be healthy
edit on 12-2-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is she dead yet?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

Yes. She passed on Monday, January 26.

The devices that had kept Marlise Munoz's heart and lungs working for two months were switched off about 11:30 a.m. Sunday, her family's attorneys announced.

"May Marlise Munoz finally rest in peace, and her family find the strength to complete what has been an unbearably long and arduous journey," the lawyers, Heather King and Jessica Janicek, said in a written statement.

RIP

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join