It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$37,680,000,000: That’s How Much the U.S. Spent on Foreign Aid in 2012 — Chart

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

BubbaJoe
I am sorry, any story using the blaze as a source is bogus. Glen Beck is not known for his honesty, vicks under the eyes. Sorry this source should be banned from ATS.

The Blaze picks from other sources.

If you don't like Glen...Don't rea the threa.

And as for The Blaze being banned as a source? Thankfully you still have the right to your opinion of which I will respect.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

neo96

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Your post was funny.

I fail to see the humor in it. Especially considering the massive debt we are currently running.

From international foreign aid, and domestic foreign aid here at home,

www.usdebtclock.org...

Rather obvious there is an epic failure of leadership under the grand delusion the US government can buy 'friends'.

I couldn't find a giggle either...

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

edit on 20-12-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

neo96
Sorry Israel is not number 1 in foreign aid.

That would be Mexico and 30 million plus illegals western unioning money back home.

Whoops.

Shhhhhhhh.

People don't want to talk about that 'foreign aid' financed by the rest of us.

I would be willing to bet the dual national Israelis here in the states give Mexicans a run for their money when it comes to sending US dollars home. But go ahead and take the chance to whine about illegals and dodge the issue.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I would be willing to bet the dual national Israelis here in the states give Mexicans a run for their money when it comes to sending US dollars home. But go ahead and take the chance to whine about illegals and dodge the issue.

Dodge what issue ?

Can't read my comments in the thread ?

I know some people on ats are bigots when it comes to Israel, but GD that was pathetic.

Singling out one country ?

Read or watch anything WHATSOEVER here ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Under the last Bush budget, federal government expenditures were $3 trillion. Every Obama budget has been above $3.5 trillion. That's at least $500 billion a year in extra spending. You're worried about the impact of $38 billion? And a third of that went to take care of people through humanitarian, disaster relief, and similar projects?

And some are convinced that are economy would be much better off if we skipped the three or four billion to Israel when continuing to spend an extra $497 billion each year under Obama?

I don't know what the thinking is.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

neo96

Dodge what issue ?

I know some people on ats are bigots when it comes to Israel, but GD that was pathetic.

It really doesn't take a bigot to see where billions of your dollars go.

The simple fact is many in America are in need but are second to those with greed. Israel needing tax payer's hard earned money is simply ludicrous.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

charles1952
Under the last Bush budget, federal government expenditures were $3 trillion. Every Obama budget has been above $3.5 trillion. That's at least $500 billion a year in extra spending. You're worried about the impact of $38 billion? And a third of that went to take care of people through humanitarian, disaster relief, and similar projects?

And some are convinced that are economy would be much better off if we skipped the three or four billion to Israel when continuing to spend an extra $497 billion each year under Obama?

I don't know what the thinking is.

Worried about the 38 billion on the charts for all to see out in the open in what some might claim as full disclosure?

Nah...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It really doesn't take a bigot to see where billions of your dollars go.

Yeah it goes to trying to buy people which has already been established.

The simple fact is many in America are in need but are second to those with greed.

People are in need of free fiat currency and corporate products ?

Rob from the haves, and gives to the have nots all so they can go out and buy all those corporate products their little hearts desire.

Yeah that is greed.

Because all that 'money' ends up in them evil corporations pockets.

People think they 'care'.

Hardly.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

It doesn't bother me if that number is trumpeted to the world. I have no trouble seeing all the numbers. I remember that George Bush is still a hero in the eyes of many, many, Africans because of the money he pumped into Africa to prevent and treat AIDS. It's not all misspent money. I don't know how much of it is misspent, but nobody seems to be examining it too carefully. Some just seem to be assuming that it's all waste.

I wonder how much the Department of Education spends? Maybe I should look it up, there's probably a lot there. How about Commerce, Energy, etc.? And the biggies, Medicare, medicaid, "welfare" payments, and Social Security?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Actually I believe that these number are low. While they are the actual amounts sent in “aid”, I believe that you can almost double them in grants, guaranteed loans, etc...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

It doesn't bother me if that number is trumpeted to the world. I have no trouble seeing all the numbers. I remember that George Bush is still a hero in the eyes of many, many, Africans because of the money he pumped into Africa to prevent and treat AIDS. It's not all misspent money. I don't know how much of it is misspent, but nobody seems to be examining it too carefully. Some just seem to be assuming that it's all waste.

I wonder how much the Department of Education spends? Maybe I should look it up, there's probably a lot there. How about Commerce, Energy, etc.? And the biggies, Medicare, medicaid, "welfare" payments, and Social Security?

With respect,
Charles1952

Great post Charles and absolutely with merit.

I for one do not have even a small amount of faith, hope nor trust that what we see, hear or see has even a small percentage of truth anymore when it comes to Govt. and what they claim is actually happening nor what they claim is best for the people.

I wish it were different because I want to believe but sadly...

I guess I'm done.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

neo96
Sorry Israel is not number 1 in foreign aid.
That would be Mexico and 30 million plus illegals western unioning money back home.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You don't think that the money sent by private individuals with “dual citizenship”, religious organizations, and interest groups to Israel counts? If you calculate in that money, I bet that number goes WAY up, and dwarfs anything “migrant workers” from Mexico are sending home.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You all are forgetting the obvious. Foreign aid is simply to protect the dollar. We have to keep pumping us currency globally to keep the dollar relevant. Give countries free US dollars and they will continue to use it because it is American, THE brand. The dollar is worthless. Just like every currency. Its the system that sets the rules and gives it artificial value as long as we all play along that include other countries

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You don't think that the money sent by private individuals with “dual citizenship”, religious organizations, and interest groups to Israel counts? If you calculate in that money, I bet that number goes WAY up, and dwarfs anything “migrant workers” from Mexico are sending home.

Nope when one figures in ss,medicare,medicaid, tuition for illegal foreign nationals from Mexico.

There are more from Mexico than Israel.

ETA:

en.wikipedia.org...

Foreign aid to Mexico '411' million wonder if the 'war of drugs' cash gets added ?

The kicker to that as with the rest of foreign aid:

This article has it lower at '317' million, but :

And yet despite the massive outgoings in foreign aid, the receiving countries hold trillions of dollars in U.S. Treasury bonds. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

China is the largest holder with $1.1trillion as of March, according to the Treasury Department. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Brazil held $193.5bn, Russia $127.8bn, India $39.8bn, Mexico $28.1bn and Egypt had $15.3bn. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Already said all foreign aid should be ended.

But really we giving them money so they can buy our own bonds ?

Thats effing ridiculous.

edit on 21-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I still believe that you'd find it to be a pittance by comparison.
They have become a pretty well off little country over there. How you think they afford to have 13th best military in the world? I mean the whole place is not much bigger than New Jersey.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I had something more informative written but something is crashing my browser several times a day so here is the brief version.

United States Foreign Economic Aid - Historic / Constant Dollars

That's what it sounds like. It covers the nations getting aid and several years worth. It also has break down for categories of aid to each nation, for each year.

It doesn't include all military (some is on there) or remittances but it's a big chunk to see where things are going and to how many places.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I guess $37,680,000,000 is the price you pay for attempting to Police the planet!

I should also add my own nation The United Kingdom is no better!

If indeed charity does begin at home our respective nations forgot the concept long, long ago.

edit on 21-12-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
$37,680,000,000 is a drop in the ocean compared to how much the US spends blowing up those nasty terrorists, and their families, and random civilians who have nothing to do with it.

Methinks some peoples priorities are a little screwed up.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

neo96

Dodge what issue ?

The thread is about foreign aid and you start crying about illegals. You can cry and whine about bigots if you want but Israel is by and large the biggest recipient of foreign aid. And the facts are if you include loans and grants that are given to Israel that are immediately forgiven the aid goes up to around 15 billion a year. Nice video btw he whines about aid going to nations that hasn't attacked America but supports aid going to Israel who has attacked America and is constantly spying on America. He whines about American tanks in Egypt had the idiot done any research he would have known that in the peace agreement between Israel and Egypt America is required to give Egypt 1.5 billion a year in aid. Knuckledraggers like him should be thrown out of office hard enough that he should land in Israel because he clearly supports them more than America.
edit on 21-12-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join