It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$37,680,000,000: That’s How Much the U.S. Spent on Foreign Aid in 2012 — Chart

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Merry Christmas!

Just thought some people would like to see why many are having a difficult Christmas this year...oops, I mean Holidays.

From your leaders to you...

The gift that keeps on taking, stealing, ripping off....

www.theblaze.com... total amount, which includes investments in national security concerns, counterterrorism efforts and commercial and humanitarian interests, is really rather impressive when you think about it. Indeed, no other country comes even close in terms of providing other countries with monetary aid.

Peace

edit on 20-12-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So what did Iceland spend on foreign aid this year and how much international business do they have? Foreign aid is a red herring. It's just a symptom of a large empirical system, disguised as something entirely different.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And how many of these benefactors of future taxpayer dollars would like to see the US taken down? with our own funds. much of this money is kept by their elite never to see the people it was supposed to go to, (haiti?) How much goes to purchace non American goods? (china), damn shame we let these traitors use some of this to support their friends, and increase their power overseas. I almost get the level of Israel support, and dont care of others "feelings" on this issue, but some is just sheer BS...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sorry Israel is not number 1 in foreign aid.

That would be Mexico and 30 million plus illegals western unioning money back home.

Whoops.

Shhhhhhhh.

People don't want to talk about that 'foreign aid' financed by the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

boncho
So what did Iceland spend on foreign aid this year and how much international business do they have? Foreign aid is a red herring. It's just a symptom of a large empirical system, disguised as something entirely different.

Foreign Aid is 100% political when citizens are honestly trying to survive but can not due to their own Govt. giving their money away to other Nations.

How is it in any way right to take from someone living in their car by way of taxes and give it to other Nations with multiple billionaires running their Country?

FU*&^ up is what it is.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Those Mexicans.....

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

neo96
Sorry Israel is not number 1 in foreign aid.

That would be Mexico and 30 million plus illegals western unioning money back home.

Whoops.

Shhhhhhhh.

People don't want to talk about that 'foreign aid' financed by the rest of us.

Will we ever know exactly?

Remember that these are the people that "accidentally" misplace trillions of our tax dollars and say

"oops"

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

jude11

boncho

Foreign Aid is 100% political when citizens are honestly trying to survive but can not due to their own Govt. giving their money away to other Nations.

How is it in any way right to take from someone living in their car by way of taxes and give it to other Nations with multiple billionaires running their Country?

FU*&^ up is what it is.

Peace

And you could also argue that the people complaining wouldn't have even existed if it were not for international meddling that saw the US and its business interests either reap resources for penny on the dollar or see guaranteed large capital infrastructure projects overseas.

Which has all been funnelled back into the American economy over the last 200 years or so.
edit on 20-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Will we ever know exactly?

No.

Case in point.

www.cnn.com...

That includes Russia, and China over 150 countries in the world.

Global wealth redistribution.

Don't have problems with all foreign aid being ended.

Those shills on capitol hill don't care.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Those Mexicans.....

Funny ?

Thought we were talking about foreign nationals getting US dollars ?

What Mexico 'taboo' in that discussion?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your post was funny.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Your post was funny.

I fail to see the humor in it. Especially considering the massive debt we are currently running.

From international foreign aid, and domestic foreign aid here at home,

www.usdebtclock.org...

Rather obvious there is an epic failure of leadership under the grand delusion the US government can buy 'friends'.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
And somehow I still see men and women with no food or shelter and cancer running rampant through our society.

Brings to mind a great quote from Biggie Smalls "You can't change the world until you change yourself".
edit on 20-12-2013 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

neo96

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Your post was funny.

I fail to see the humor in it. Especially considering the massive debt we are currently running.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Rather obvious there is an epic failure of leadership under the grand delusion the US government can buy 'friends'.

As the foreign aid seems to be getting out of control with no accounting (true accounting) available but we supposedly have true accounting for domestic aid...

If foreign aid was put on the back burner for even a year, the US would rise out of the pit it is currently digging.

I have always been taught..."Take care of family first."

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here’s a novel idea:

a) how about we stop giving the oil companies that are making record profits all those big, fat subsidies they don’t need
b) remove some of the tax loopholes that allow companies like General Electric to skate by without paying a dime in taxes
c) stop shutting down the government just to make some groundless, unfounded idealogical point
d) put some people back to work repairing our failing infrstructure
e) blah, blah, blah..

There you go. Just doing the above, we’ve at least doubled the amount needed to cover our foreign aid...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I am sorry, any story using the blaze as a source is bogus. Glen Beck is not known for his honesty, vicks under the eyes. Sorry this source should be banned from ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

jude11

neo96

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Your post was funny.

www.usdebtclock.org...

If foreign aid was put on the back burner for even a year, the US would rise out of the pit it is currently digging.

Your own graphic shows foreign aid making up 1% of the budget but interest is 6%. So if you cut foreign aid, how would that fix the pit its currently in. Forget being kicked out of countries it currently has military bases in, or oil contracts in the Middle East being promptly handed over to the Russians.

I feel you are taking quite the simplistic view on this on Jude.

-B

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We live in a Black Budget World,...

Those numbers are purely political...

Meaning they are meant to be intellectually bandied about as a distraction...
edit on 20-12-2013 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

boncho

jude11

neo96

EA006
reply to post by neo96

Your post was funny.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Your own graphic shows foreign aid making up 1% of the budget but interest is 6%. So if you cut foreign aid, how would that fix the pit its currently in. Forget being kicked out of countries it currently has military bases in, or oil contracts in the Middle East being promptly handed over to the Russians.

I feel you are taking quite the simplistic view on this on Jude.

-B

As stated earlier, what we see as Foreign and Domestic numbers are completely bogus. It may not completely and immediately fix everything but I believe that there is not one person who couldn't see it as a start at least.

As for a simplistic view? I could agree Boncho. I am so sick of the games being played behind our backs and see that that those games simply don't win at all that I do take a simplistic view. That being do the exact opposite of what's being done right now. If this way doesn't work...do something different.

Simple? Yes.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

coastlinekid
reply to post by jude11

We live in a Black Budget World,...

Those numbers are purely political...

Meaning they are meant to be intellectually bandied about as a distraction...
edit on 20-12-2013 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

Couldn't agree more...Wait...is that a squirrel?

Distractions, Bread and Games...Romans...Hitler...America.

Rinse and Repeat.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join