It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been Dead longer than you have been Alive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Hang in there brother you aren't alone.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

As a person who believes in the after-life, I have no problem with your statement. But that doesn't mean I want to die, or want anyone else to die. And it also irks me how we spend so much time worrying about what everyone around us is doing that we allow our own lives to pass us by.

And there's another thing, life just passing us by. For the last (going on) fourteen years, I've merely existed. I've not lived, except for maybe a few months before and after my child was born. That's the only positive in my life.

I've spent the majority of ten + years alone. Partly due to the sheer hell I went through with my ex and partly due to my PTSD after my service. I can't partake in daily life, much less interact with others. (Beyond what you see here on the forum.) I've been back stabbed, cheated on, lied to, threatened almost daily, and I've contemplated suicide a few times. (Again, the only thing that has held me back is my child.) And when a person can no longer live a regular life such as myself, does it really matter if one takes the easy way out? (Suicide)

I moved to Europe, big mistake. And since that day, it feels like someone pressed a "pause" button on the movie of my life and forgot to come back. I want to live, I want friends, I want to make a good future for my child. But sometimes, I think that our lives may be nothing more than an example of how not to live yours.

Don't know if this helped your thread or not, but it's early Christmas and I haven't slept yet.

I surely cant understand what you have experienced but I surely can understand that you have experienced it.

Remember to stay focused on what is important to you. Nothing is permanent, NOTHING. All things pass and are replaced by other things. Choose the things that you replace carefully and try not to make the same choices unless you enjoy the outcome. have a great holiday friend and know that the there are people who care about other people and I hope you find the happiness within because it is certainly not out "there" there is no there.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd
Now if you are the type to look at things from a negative slant this thread might come across as morbid. But all I offer is perspective to a fundemental reality that is consistant regardless of how unsettling it might be to certain sesibilities.
Essentially that "you" as in your consciousness as you recognise itself has not exited far longer than you currently have, and without anything but faith past death will return to the same state.

So why do people take for granted the very little time we have being conscious with what I would consider insinificant trivialities, such as celbrity gossip or even party politics? Why do people get on here and argue about such banal subjects and topics that have no significance in the span of time.

I know its a bit heavy but this is the appropiate forum for it. Since the dawn of time and the creation of the univerese you have remained relatively oblivious to the universe and only now have the saprk of consciousness with which to examine your surroundings. This is for all intents and purposes the only life we might have in this particular molecular combination which some people argue is what determines the individual perspective we have.

Seems a very short time to be worrying about trivial stuff...Just saying.

No.

Your soul is trapped into an infinite series of births and deaths - into varied species of animals and plants.

Yes human life has been rare for your soul. But can you 'enjoy' it? Yes but with responsibility, lest your karmas banish you to another series of low lifes of animals.

A soul hardly spends much time being dead. A soul re-enters another body after just 13 days of death. All the talk of after-life is BS. Be happy, nobody becomes ghosts except in people's imagination.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

reply to post by countingcoup

Thank you both. I'm not going anywhere, so no need to fret. I'm not looking for any sort of attention, just wanted to try to highlight the fact that a lot of people aren't really living as it is, and the fact that suicide isn't much of a big change for them.

It's hard, I will admit that. Every day is a daily struggle just to get up and do normal things around the house. Everything becomes compacted when you have no one to talk to as well. And the smallest of issues become towering walls that for a normal person, is absolutely no problem to circumvent. But for people like me, it's like climbing mount Everest without oxygen.

So you see, I think a lot of people in my situation take solace in the fact that life is fleeting and that there is nothing but eternal bliss (either via Heaven, something else or nothing at all) after our hearts stop. And the promise of that rest, that rest that seems too good to be true, is far too tempting to pass up.

I don't blame those who commit suicide at all. Life isn't for everyone. But remember, there are people around you that feels your life means everything to them. And those people are the ones we hurt the most. Either through suicide, or living our lives the way we do.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As an aside, why is it people arrogantly assume they are created by something g greater than themselves ?, is it cuz they just "assume" that they are so great that some mysterious, all powerful being must have created them?.

Mankind has never done anything at all that was not mimicking animals with spectacular living abilities like being able to fly and breathe under water and such, except maybe create money and systems to wage unfair financial warfare, and control resources that their fellow "piggies" need.

The Old World Odor.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner
As an aside, why is it people arrogantly assume they are created by something g greater than themselves ?, is it cuz they just "assume" that they are so great that some mysterious, all powerful being must have created them?.

Mankind has never done anything at all that was not mimicking animals with spectacular living abilities like being able to fly and breathe under water and such, except maybe create money and systems to wage unfair financial warfare, and control resources that their fellow "piggies" need.

The Old World Odor.

Not just humanity but the universe and the observable reality we share could not have been created by something less than human or even greater than. It would require a superiority beyond our understanding.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

MyHappyDogShiner

The Old World Odor.

It is the 'ego' in humans that blocks human's ability to understand the natural truths including God.

Your should reverse your argument and then you will understand.

Not only humans, but animals and plants are created by God.

God is a power so big and so mysterious that it is beyond a normal human's capability to understand.

Your doubting of God is natural, nothing strange.

However there are a lot of arguments for God being there. Please read my posts on ATS and you will find a lot of those arguments.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join