It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have been Dead longer than you have been Alive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Now if you are the type to look at things from a negative slant this thread might come across as morbid. But all I offer is perspective to a fundemental reality that is consistant regardless of how unsettling it might be to certain sesibilities.
Essentially that "you" as in your consciousness as you recognise itself has not exited far longer than you currently have, and without anything but faith past death will return to the same state.

So why do people take for granted the very little time we have being conscious with what I would consider insinificant trivialities, such as celbrity gossip or even party politics? Why do people get on here and argue about such banal subjects and topics that have no significance in the span of time.

I know its a bit heavy but this is the appropiate forum for it. Since the dawn of time and the creation of the univerese you have remained relatively oblivious to the universe and only now have the saprk of consciousness with which to examine your surroundings. This is for all intents and purposes the only life we might have in this particular molecular combination which some people argue is what determines the individual perspective we have.

Seems a very short time to be worrying about trivial stuff...Just saying.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Does writing trivial threads count as time-wasting?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

EA006

Does writing trivial threads count as time-wasting?

Its only trivial if it has no value to you.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is why it's hard to understand the concept of suicide. I mean, you're going to die relatively soon anyways, why expedite the process? This could be our only opportunity in the human form so why let it go to waste? I guess life is just your own perception.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

DeepVisions
This is why it's hard to understand the concept of suicide. I mean, you're going to die relatively soon anyways, why expedite the process? This could be our only opportunity in the human form so why let it go to waste? I guess life is just your own perception.

Exactly right.

People are in such a hurry to see the end they dont realize that when it comes they will wish they had more time.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Essentially that "you" as in your consciousness as you recognise itself has not exited far longer than you currently have, and without anything but faith past death will return to the same state.

We're infinite parts of infinity, and all of our travels and infinite journeys, some of which are in a different avatar, but still feel like us, though hopefully some are very advanced loving peaceful and extremely competent and empowered us, but....its all at once. You can tap into your current simultaneous lifetimes and personality into infinity and beyond. Its concurrent, now. They're all in the now.

And we came from on High form wonderful levels to begin with, some may have worked their way down, some may have fallen, but we left the eutopias to test ourselves and grow up free will, and find our way back home.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Except mine has been altered, being the Soul is now changing.

Time has stopped and only Now has come into play!

While watching the Others, your friends, love ones going through the # days of darkness. Each on their Own, as you are now.

ACCEPT IT!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Your observation is very clever, not many people understand that concept... In my own very extensive research on the subjects of history and life on earth I came across a religious saying by a very important figure in human history.

He said "Before Abraham, I am... Now this has been misinterpreted by most scholars but the truth is He was explaining what you have described in terms of spiritual existence. I'm not going to confuse everyone with my scriptural hermeneutics, but I think you understand what I'm trying to convey. I understand exactly what you're saying, but death is really the vehicle for the return from whence we originated not an existence in itself.

Addressing your concern about wasting time, we live as if we were immortal until we face either major illness or old age, as our time expires some of us learn to appreciate what is left and yearn for the lost years. But that's life.

I could go on and on and talk about arguments people, even families have for the most asinine reasons, for a box of corn flakes or even for less.

Yeah, humanity is a life study, but it's good to see some of are on the same page!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I Agree , we were All Better Off Dead...........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Anyone seen the movie "What dreams may come". It is a movie staring Robin Williams, and gives an interesting slant on the idea of where consciousness goes when it leaves this paradigm of existence.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I agree in a way, that this incarnation right now has been non-existent longer than it has existed. However, "I" have existed for an eternity already. I don't mean this body or this life, I mean the essence called consciousness within me and everyone else.

Like I've said a few times before, energy cannot be created or destroyed meaning everything in the universe has ALWAYS existed in one form or another. Everything in the universe, including the consciousness within you, is energy meaning it has always existed.

I AM is life itself, and the I AM is the Alpha and Omega because life will always go on. Even after you die you will rise to new life, just as you fall asleep and wake up every day.

I hate to bring a certain religion in the spotlight, but Jesus is said to have risen on the third day. Each day we live can be split into three segments of 8 hours, where we are awake for 2/3 of the day then asleep for the last 1/3. The first 2/3 awake can be considered 2 days, while the last 1/3 asleep can be considered 1 day. We rise at the end of the third "day" or segment every day, except in this context it is not talking about rising from sleep but from death.

When religion talks about God, it is talking about the thing that is inside every single one of us, life itself, except they put a supernatural twist on it to conceal its true meaning. Science and religion really are trying to explain the same thing, except science deals with what can be seen and doesn't claim to have all the answers while religion deals with the unseen and does claim to have all the answers.

Good thread, S&F.
edit on 35012222CST353 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

So why do people take for granted the very little time we have being conscious with what I would consider insinificant trivialities

Fear of death.

Because the human mind typically reacts in abject horror to the idea of non-being, we do all we can to avoid facing that reality. Philosophizing, praying, meditating, gossiping, glamouring.

In the end though, all of it amounts to little more than posturing. And no matter how we puff up our chests, conflate our egos, fill our time with insignificant trivialities, and praise our empty concepts of divinity: death simply does not care.

And that terrifies us.

It terrifies us to think that there is something so cold, so callous, so calculating, that we cannot rationalize with, or control.

That we are so inconsequential is, in itself, what scares us into worshiping and wasting our time on God and faith and spirituality and celebrity idolatry and superficial constructs.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Always interesting to think about, I mean, I don't like to think of it in terms of 'you've been dead longer than you've been alive' but you've definitely been 'not living' longer than you've been living.

I've always thought the most important thing you've done in your life is being born, the second most is dying. Does that make sense?

Does this idea conflict with the possibility of reincarnation? Food for thought, thanks for the post.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

edit on 21-12-2013 by Q33323 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

RicochetPR

Your observation is very clever, not many people understand that concept... In my own very extensive research on the subjects of history and life on earth I came across a religious saying by a very important figure in human history.

He said "Before Abraham, I am... Now this has been misinterpreted by most scholars but the truth is He was explaining what you have described in terms of spiritual existence. I'm not going to confuse everyone with my scriptural hermeneutics, but I think you understand what I'm trying to convey. I understand exactly what you're saying, but death is really the vehicle for the return from whence we originated not an existence in itself.

Addressing your concern about wasting time, we live as if we were immortal until we face either major illness or old age, as our time expires some of us learn to appreciate what is left and yearn for the lost years. But that's life.

I could go on and on and talk about arguments people, even families have for the most asinine reasons, for a box of corn flakes or even for less.

Yeah, humanity is a life study, but it's good to see some of are on the same page!!

Peace

I believe all thing are transitory even death. Thanks for the feedback it is good to know that there are similar minds at work on this forum.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

iamea
Anyone seen the movie "What dreams may come". It is a movie staring Robin Williams, and gives an interesting slant on the idea of where consciousness goes when it leaves this paradigm of existence.

I have indeed seen it quite a few times actually. A lot of the these are pulled from a variety of sources like the Akashic records and a few of Bob Munroes theories of the afterlife with multiple islands of realities based on earthly preconceptions of the afterlife. As with all really fringe ideas most of the unimaginative movie goers couldnt appreciate it. The masses operate on an average median mentality, most people dont have the strength of character to not only think outside the box but to appreciate fringe ideas. Pity since it was such an unorthodox movie for its time. certainly one of my top ten best movies. Thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Wandering Scribe
Fear of death.

Because the human mind typically reacts in abject horror to the idea of non-being, we do all we can to avoid facing that reality.

Yes it is 'non being' that we run from. It is only when it is realized that presence is eternally made of non being and being that the fear of non being lifts.
In this moment there is existence (apparent life/beingness) and non existence (death/non being).

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Before one can start thinking about what it means to be dead, one must first find out what it means to be alive.
This video investigates -

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Itisnowagain
Before one can start thinking about what it means to be dead, one must first find out what it means to be alive.
This video investigates -

Seen it before its pretty good.

But all we can determine in this reality is this reality. We KNOW what is after because we are not there and when we are there there is no here because it will be there which will be the new here.

According to him there is never non consciousness prospectively speaking of course

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

As an aside, it's interesting to note that none of us alive today, have bodies more than 10 years old.

Strange, but true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join