It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Obamacare Commercial Features 1/2 Naked Gay Men Licking Candy Canes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

My thoughts exactly - how are they going to insult lesbians next?

These people pushing this crap are hilarious - and obviously, don't know the "demographics" of what, and who, they are trying to push this obozocare on.....

They do realize that young people that don't have children, have money to waste on huge, expensive, un-affordable "tax" payments.... and no healthcare.

They really think the american public is this stupid.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Also why are all the gay topic threads started by what appears to be straight identifying males?

What gives you the impression all the gay threads are started by straight identifying males? That's a broad statement. Even stereotyping and generalizing, it would seem?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

boncho
Where is the video of Myley Cyrus sticking a candy cane up her hoohaa to get the teen demographic sign up?

Now...that's more like it!

I'd sign up.
edit on 21-12-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by boncho

There isn't anything in that video that any of my gay friends would be offended by.

All of that is perfectly acceptable in the gay community at large. Personally I think it's all dumb but that's just one gay man's opinion.

~Tenth

so did i miss where the gay channel is?

ya think this will be shown to 3 tv's?

right on the heels of DD thing.

ya, everything will work out well. lol!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Kmart should sue for copyright violation!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I have to admit that I wasn't too enthralled with the ginger bread house opening..

You would think that a commercial, by the federal government aimed at that demographic might have a little more um tact and discretion.

Is this the way the LGBT community is to be viewed, and yes it does appear to promote promiscuity and risky sexual activity, with the implication being that everyone does everyone else.

I have nothing against gay people, but it's hard to believe that this is presented by the federal government of the United States.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to lighten up! This ad is adorable (as is the K-Mart ad). People are twisted so tightly, anything outside their narrow view of what is acceptable, sends them off in a disgusted huff.

I think it's hilarious!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No telling where that candy cane has been.

ANYONE in their underwear is ridiculous unless that's what you're selling.
There's 2 shots that are disturbing where a man's face is right next to certain body parts.
We're not stupid, we know what constitutes sex among gay men.
That's just too much.

Most people don't care what others do in private but we don't flaunt our sexuality or turn in to political hay.
Sheesh.
It's the sexualization of everything that is really disgusting.
One more reason to NOT watch TV.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Top Ten Sexy Commercials

Interesting that I haven't seen any complaint threads about these...

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'd bet I wouldn't care for any of them,
Not whats-her-name woof down a Hardee's quarter pound barfburger.
The Victoria's secret models are actually selling underwear - but they could all use a few pounds.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sexuality should NOT be a concern of the government!!!

If this was a commercial sponsored by some random organization, I could care less. However, this is sponsored by the so called Affordable Care Act! IE government..............

Would it be okay if it was a video of Christians sitting in a church????? Doubt it.............

Just more sick political pandering!

this is not a GOVERNMENT WEBSITE!...nor is it promoted by Obama......geez, I think there are just too many people here that shop at the "stupid" store

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by snarky412

Seriously tho, do they really need 'sex' of any kind to sell Obamacare?
*shakes head*

Bingo!

I would be just as pissed if it was half naked men AND women!

This administration is absolutely disgusting!

1- Sex sells. Are you pissed about all ads that utilize sex, or are you saying it's just because it's related to the government, and the government should not acknowledge and/or "speak to" and/or utilize sexuality?

2- I have to say, I agree with tothetenthpower about puritanical attitudes toward sex. Sex is a huge, important part of life. In fact, it's arguably THE most important part of life-- without which none of us would be here. All psycho-emotionally healthy people have sexual thoughts and feelings.

Further, arguably, shame is not a natural part of sexuality. That is a cultural imposition. Largely due to religion, by my estimation.

As such, it irks me to no end when people cater to these archaic ideals, and it's even worse when such people try to impose their warped, shameful view of sexuality on others. Sex is natural, and necessary. It is enjoyable, and even beautiful (not "disgusting.") I see no reason to be ashamed of something we all do.
edit on 21-12-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Asktheanimals
I'd bet I wouldn't care for any of them,

That's just the thing... Just because something doesn't appeal to YOU doesn't mean there aren't others in this country who find it appealing. This country is diverse! And there's plenty of people who approve of things like this. Doesn't mean you have to. But there ARE other people in this country.

If you don't like it, don't watch it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by rupertg

Pardon?

As a member of the so-called "religious right" I find it offensive for its implications not because it's aimed at gays. They did the same thing to single women.

I find it offensives that apparently our government thinks everyone out here has the morals of a cat in heat and thus can be enticed into signing up for and forking over punitive amounts of money for anything that will promise to let us carry on like cats in heat with no consequences.

Everyone should be offended by it.

Just because religion has warped your view of the natural, healthy act of sex, and human sexuality, does not mean that everyone should share your skewed view.

How about the opposite? How about no one should be offended by sex?

"Cat in heat?" Nice attempt at shaming. Humans have sexual urges. This is normal, natural, and necessary. As is giving in to some of those urges.

Just because you've been tricked into thinking that your natural urges are shameful, does not mean that every woman or man out there feels the same, or should abstain, simply because you, or anyone else says so. Some young women have sex drives even stronger than man. I have seen this with my own eyes. So don't try to pretend that this is somehow unnatural, or lies by the media / advertisers.

We don't all have 2,000 year-old hangups about our perfectly natural bodily functions and desires.... Some of us see it for what it is, and simply enjoy the gifts that god gave us.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Would I want my grandchildren to watch this? (ages 2, 7 and 10)
Absolutely not.
We don't need the government adding to already existing ludicrous amounts of sexuality being used to peddle products.

Why have a ratings system for movies, games and even CD's if commercials can just do whatever they want?
There are lots of little subliminal messages in this -
The "sock" references? Toughie... what rhymes with that? What resembles that anatomically?
Reaching deep in the sock and slowly pulling out a present...... Completely innocent and unrelated?
They should have been hanging condoms as ornaments if they wanted to make a useful message.

I'm sure there's plenty more but watching it once was more than enough.
I'd like to keep my lunch where it is.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm sold.

Where do I sign up?!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is creepy for the government. Half naked gay men couldn't have less to do with health insurance. Just weird.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Let me clarify.

I don't like Obamacare.

ACA is dumb and doesn't help hardly anybody.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm simply pointing out it's silly to overreact on a commercial that is targeting a specific group of people, with things that are considered the norm in that culture.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by rupertg

Pardon?

As a member of the so-called "religious right" I find it offensive for its implications not because it's aimed at gays. They did the same thing to single women.

I find it offensives that apparently our government thinks everyone out here has the morals of a cat in heat and thus can be enticed into signing up for and forking over punitive amounts of money for anything that will promise to let us carry on like cats in heat with no consequences.

Are cats in heat somehow lacking in morals?

Do humans act like cats in heat, or do they act like humans in heat (when they're in heat obviously)?

If one is in heat, and acts in a way that is representative of the physical process occuring, does that in any way mean one is somehow less moral?

Everyone should be offended by it.

I'm not offended!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah but why the sexual connotation? I mean, when gay people think about health insurance.....the first thing that comes to mind is sex? And why target one group when we are supposedly all equal. Being straight, I can't wait until they create a commercial for me with women who are half naked, trying to convince me to join something that is already on the block as mandatory.
edit on 21-12-2013 by Illuminawty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join