It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Conversation RE: Duck Dynasty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Can we start talking about Miley Cyrus again?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Domo1
Can we start talking about Miley Cyrus again?

Who?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

yeah, something like that.

give or take a sheep or 2.

try harder.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

And again It is you showing poor reading comprehension. I did not say he said it was the root of all "sin". He did however put it as the root of sexual deviance or "sin" which is why he chose it first and declared that everything else morphs from it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You may know her as Justin Bieber.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

rupertg
How long before Duck Dynasty becomes Fox News' first foray into reality television?

glenn beck has that covered.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

KeliOnyx

He did in fact do that. It is your reading comprehension that needs work apparently.

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,”

Morph being the keyword here. He clearly has set the root for sexual deviance as homosexuality. You can deny, deny and deny it until you are blue in the face but that is exactly what he did. I don't get why people are running to this professional liars defense anyway. The whole bearded fool schtick is just that schtick. A blatant ripoff of the Beverly Hillbillies the only difference being the Beverly Hillbillies was actually entertaining. In fact I wouldn't doubt that the bearded liars cooked this whole thing up knowing their 15 minutes was just about up.

yeah, homosexuality is a gateway to bestiality, right?
maybe they morph into an alien thing.

and your "blatant rip off" of the beverly hillbilly's is, frankly, bigoted.
you can't see that?

your 15 secs is up.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

KeliOnyx

And again It is you showing poor reading comprehension. I did not say he said it was the root of all "sin". He did however put it as the root of sexual deviance or "sin" which is why he chose it first and declared that everything else morphs from it.

so what?

is he a shrink? are you?
anyone here on ats a shrink?

1 maybe?

who are you to judge?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

'Sup B?

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

neo96
There is a historical president for reaction of Ducks comments.

Remember way back when to Nazi Germany and their book burning.

They got rid of anything they didn't like.

People are free to say whatever the hell they want.

Doesn't matter in private or public.

People are free to disagree or agree with it.

That is where it begins and ends.

That is the epitome of a 'free society'.

Say whatever the hell floats your boat.

Thought and expression is not owned by anyone.

Never has been never will be.

edit on 20-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)
There's also a historical precedent for people who compare everything to Hitler.

That being said, I agree with the rest of your comment. And I'm sure others do too, considering that Phil's rights haven't been violated in this case.
edit on 21-12-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

KeliOnyx
Personally I think A&E jumped the gun a little bit on this. But in today's atmosphere I can hardly blame them for looking out for their brand.

I moved around what you said because I want to discuss this more than anything. I agree with you that A&E jumped the gun. Especially since they made a superficial stance and are still going to air Duck Dynasty and reap the income from it (including any booster income via viewership regarding this nonsense).

They were not looking out for their brand (they are still running the show like crazy, you can still get to a website via A&E....)

KeliOnyx
And in what context is it ok to declare homosexuality as the root cause of bestiality and every other deviance from the norm? This is what has landed him in this situation. Had he just simply said he thought it was wrong and he disagreed with it this would be an entirely different discussion, instead he took it to a whole different level with his comments.

Except he didn't. I see that you are focused on the word "morph". In his use, if we use only GQs writings and quotes, his use of the word "morph" is, in my opinion, intransitive. The verb in this use, speaks to a subject, not an object. In my opinion, that word takes on the meaning of "to undergo transformation".

Here is the full article, with commentary on the various quotes of Phil Robertson: GQ: Duck Dynansty

Opening salvo from GQ is:

How in the world did a family of squirrel-eating, Bible-thumping, catchphrase-spouting duck hunters become the biggest TV stars in America?

So GQ can make a blatant generalization but Roberston cannot?

Or this quip:

Out here in these woods, without any cameras around, Phil is free to say what he wants. Maybe a little too free. He’s got lots of thoughts on modern immorality, and there’s no stopping them from rushing out.

I didn't realize one can be "too free"...

This sounds like a hate-filled person no?

We’re Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television,” [Robertson] tells me. “You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off.

Now we come to the meat and potatoes. Here is the complete question and answer:

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong,” he says. “Sin becomes fine.”

What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

So why did no one focus on the the "sleeping around with this woman and that woman..." or the fact that he fell back on his faith and paraphrased Corinthians? Instead, people have taken what he said and made it into their martyred moment of triumph.

Given his language throughout, I would almost say that the word "morph" more likely meant "expand" or "digress". That said, even if we look at he utilized the word, it was intransitive as it was speaking to the subject of sin; not homosexuality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join