It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark of the Covenant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The story of the Ark intrigues me. Surely most of you know the story.
My question: How many think it really exists or existed? And If you believe it exists(ed) Do you belive it really contained the 10 commandments?

We know the story from the Bible, and then the story of the Knights Templar excavating under the temple for years and coming out with something.

If somebody here is a genius on the subject, how do we come to the conclusion the knights excavated the area for like 9 years?

Is the Ark mentioned anywhere outside of the bible?

I know there is a tale of the queen of sheba and Ethiopia

I love thinking the Knights made it to America.

Can you believe in the Ark but think maybe Moses chiseled the two tablets himself or is it all or nothing?

I'd Love for the Ark to be real. Kinda doubt the whole "it held great power" thing

but would love to hear everybodies thoughts on it

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think it is intriguing to ponder. There's reason to believe that the ark was a piece of technology which surpassed anything known in that era, or even possibly this era.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

tinner07
The story of the Ark intrigues me. Surely most of you know the story.
My question: How many think it really exists or existed? And If you believe it exists(ed) Do you belive it really contained the 10 commandments?

We know the story from the Bible, and then the story of the Knights Templar excavating under the temple for years and coming out with something.

If somebody here is a genius on the subject, how do we come to the conclusion the knights excavated the area for like 9 years?

Is the Ark mentioned anywhere outside of the bible?

I know there is a tale of the queen of sheba and Ethiopia

I love thinking the Knights made it to America.

Can you believe in the Ark but think maybe Moses chiseled the two tablets himself or is it all or nothing?

I'd Love for the Ark to be real. Kinda doubt the whole "it held great power" thing

but would love to hear everybodies thoughts on it

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The Ark of the Covenant I believe exists. Im interested in hearing more
What do you and others think about it, what you believe it to be and why.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

i believe that the ark was/is non-human.
Then the humans who heard about it's power tried to make it theirs by making up the story:
"our 10 commandments is carried in this ark".
Religion at it's finest.
And people still buy this story.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahsurexxx

Do you believe in a code within the Bible?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think there could have been and Ark of the Covenant, and it could have contained the Ten Commandments. Now, who knows if Moses himself didn't carve them in the rock, or if they were really there? It could all be stories told in an attempt to keep people honest. I don't think it had any particular supernatural powers, but I can see why people would make up those stories.

However, if there ever was such a thing for real, I imagine that the same thing happened to it that happens to a lot of things during times of turmoil and war. It was stripped of its gold, whatever was in it was dumped in the street and trampled, and the rest of it was burned. That's usually the way it works.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

nope

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

yeahsurexxx

i believe that the ark was/is non-human.
Then the humans who heard about it's power tried to make it theirs by making up the story:
"our 10 commandments is carried in this ark".
Religion at it's finest.
And people still buy this story.

There is reason to believe that it was actually a capacitor of some serious proportions.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

i've heard the theories about this magic box.
We got everything from stonecarrier to a nuclear device of some sort.

Some tell of a machine making food out of alge (is that spelled right?) for the 40000
people who crossed the dessert.

Some say it brought down the walls of Jerico.

I don't really know what to beleive but it's an interesting tale.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The Arc existed. The new arc of the new covenant was Mary, the mother of God. Hence the Catholic Church's belief in her purity (no sin), eternal virginity, and bodily assumption into Heaven.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

yeahsurexxx

i've heard the theories about this magic box.
We got everything from stonecarrier to a nuclear device of some sort.

Some tell of a machine making food out of alge (is that spelled right?) for the 40000
people who crossed the dessert.

Some say it brought down the walls of Jerico.

I don't really know what to beleive but it's an interesting tale.

Context indicates gravitational manipulation was attributed to the ark. That's how they crossed not one, but two bodies of water. Egyptian records also report an incident in which the Pharaoh used a remarkably similar device to retrieve some sunken property for his beloved. Which is interesting, given that the mysterious procurement of such a device would explain the hasty departure of Moses and his entourage. Did you know that the pyramids have a crevice which would neatly contain such an artifact? Perhaps the pyramids were amplifiers for the ark.
edit on 20-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I love all fairy tales, but they are hardly more than some nice inspiration.
Can somebody benefit from fairy tales???
It seems some do, we call them rulers or the ruling class.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The ark is a coded metaphor for the fully activated latent occult anatomy of the brain.
The temple of Solomon is the human body. The holiest of holies is the human head. The ark is the brain when transformed into its highest capability with new structures formed within. It's a riddle for those with eyes to see.
It's not this exo-teric literalism of fairy tale lie... but you can keep on thinking it is just like Indiana Jones.

edit on 12/20/2013 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Of all of the places it could be this vid is where I think it is www.youtube.com... I had watched another vid a few years back that found what looked like a place on the Island where the ark was before being moved to this place ... I find that Ron Wyatt's story is incredible and it just might be true ..If it is it's a very incredible story and I would like to believe it is but Ethiopia is a more reasonable one ..

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
moses stole the arc from the great pyramid of gize....crusing douwn the egypt supremacy..took it at the top of the mountain in the sinai to contact the constructors of it and recieved his orders....
note:
the so called tomb of the great pyramid is the box where the arc belongs...
p/s the word ARC can be simulair to the word interface....remember joan of arc......joan (interface) to god....
edit on 20-12-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

no I dont

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think it's possible the ark existed, and less advanced people described the events as best they could, equating it with the knowledge they had.
The ark could have in no way have held 'two' of every animal, as claimed, unless....
They had DNA of every creature.
They cloned them to repopulate the earth.
I believe that is the truth in terms that modern man now has the ability to comprehend.
The ark was a floating lab, and that makes me wonder about the floating lab that Google is building in San Francisco.....
edit on 500000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

ressiv
moses stole the arc from the great pyramid of gize....crusing douwn the egypt supremacy..took it at the top of the mountain in the sinai to contact the constructors of it and recieved his orders....
note:
the so called tomb of the great pyramid is the box where the arc belongs...
p/s the word ARC can be simulair to the word interface....remember joan of arc......joan (interface) to god....

Has anyone ever checked the measurements given against those for the "sarcophagus " in the pyramid?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

nugget1
I think it's possible the ark existed, and less advanced people described the events as best they could, equating it with the knowledge they had.
The ark could have in no way have held 'two' of every animal, as claimed, unless....
They had DNA of every creature.
They cloned them to repopulate the earth.
I believe that is the truth in terms that modern man now has the ability to comprehend.
The ark was a floating lab, and that makes me wonder about the floating lab that Google is building in San Francisco.....
edit on 500000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

The OP is talking about a different ark...

Just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join