It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Quiting my Job!!!! I have had enough!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The exact details are not important.

The fact that very few of you will read this is not important

And the fact this might not get any responses... is not important.

What is important is that i need to have a rant.

MY NEW JOB

worst thing i have ever done, i mean just bad, I wanted a bit of a change, thought I would try something new. You see my previous job was amazing but it also wasn't what i really wanted to do and I was not progressing in my career so thought i would head off in a totally new direction.

But 6 weeks in a hate it.

The thing is it has loads of perks, just little things that my annoyed me about my last job, just having to get up at half 5 in the morning. This new job pays better and is a all round better package with some very interesting career possibilities. But i hate the work (its as bad as watching paint dry) and I hate the staff, one of my bosses watch's me round the room contently picking faults with what i do, I mean apparently i tie bags wrong and they dont like using those cloths to clean down equipment they like the other ones. Just really annoying pedantic rubbish they keep picking me up on.

Then the other day one of my line managers gave me some review and basically said i was crap at my job (even though they have not yet bothered providing me with the training they said they would). "people are talking about you" she said, "we dont think you fit in". I managed to keep a very cool head, and just took it in my stride, smiled and nodded even though this is the very first time this has ever happened to me.

Because she did not know the ace up my sleeve

I had a interview the very next day for my dream job, the one I have always wanted the one that will really wanted and they offered me the position right there and then pending references which should not be a problem (I used my previous employer which they are happy with)

However now I have a real problem, my current employer, how the hell am i going to keep a cool head, there is one guy who i want to punch, I want to tell both my line managers what i think of them and all the usual stuff.

My attitude to this is to just let them rant at me, talk about me, nit pick at everything i do because one day after the new year I am going to take real joy in handing in my notice. The tables have turned they now need me more than i need them because 2 other people are quitting as well and they are going to be really struggling for staff.

I have never been in a position where i really hate a job, but at the same time, my god, does it feel good to know that in just a few weeks I can get my own little bit of pay back once I get my offical offer letter.

any advise any of you may have would be much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Suck it up until you have a branch to leap on when they try to boot you off the ship. I was reading a comic made in honor of Mandela earlier today, a poetic thing about the hell he went through and how he made a point of honing his body and mind and soul against the utter agony of his life in prison, and how his freedom presented an opportunity to practice the person he had crafted in the pits of that abyss. Moral of the story: The best revenge is success.
edit on 20-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good Sir, I literally JUST got done following through with what you're getting into. My old job sounded a lot like your current one, and my current job (then prospective job) is HUNDREDS of times better than my old one. My advice would be this: leave with integrity.

Yes, I'm sure nearly everyone at your current employer is a huge tool, and deserves little respect. At least the way you said they treated you, lead me to that conclusion. But that doesn't mean that you have to stoop to their level, and Jerry McGuire your way out the door. I would give the due notice, stick it out just another week or two, and flip them the bird in the parking lot the last time you have to leave that mother #'in place.

That's just my opinion though.

Remember: The new place saw something in you that led them to believe you're performing on a higher level then your competition. Don't make them wrong by leave disgracefully!

Oh, and congrats on the new Job!!!

SnF for the intriguing story, and best of luck!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Dude I like that "the best revenge is success"

I have been dreaming about handing in my letter of resignation for weeks.

I just can not wait to see the look on that woman's face when she finds out that she is going to be even worse of for staff than she thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well put!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

Thanks dude!

I do plan on leaving with integrity but the one thing i just have to do is avoid my line manager.

I am not going to tell her about it rather hand my letter into our general manager, her boss, I will provide no information just that I am quitting. Then not say a word to anyone and let them all fester away.

I am not the only one quitting I know of at least two others who are jumping ship so I think that says quite a lot.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I had my old boss by the b@lls even worse. He owned an IT Consulting "firm", and I was his ONLY employee. He billed me out at $95/hr for over 2 years, while not providing me with any benefits, and a measly $13/hr, on a contracted (non-W2) basis.

Word on the street: Since I've quit, his business is nearly closing, and already more than 30% of his clientele walked.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
stick you'r fingers in your ears when they talk to you and sing la la la la

or just take a sick leave till then if it is that bad it sounds like you work in asda one of my friends worked there and it drove him nuts with the way he was treated it took him years to leave glad you got your dream job as it is murder working some where that sucks .

but if you want some fun go the edward norton route in fight club and beat yourself up while screaming help

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
any advise any of you may have would be much appreciated.

Just do what the good ol' Matt says should be done in these situations:

Matthew 10:14

14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

That will unchain a karmic retribution.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Always be the better man. Regardless of how they treated you.

Make it a reflection on their poor practices and you will shine even brighter.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Do your best at the job, don't let them get to you. The experience you get from the job will be a lifetime memory. I would say that there was a motive somewhere to get rid of you, it may not be evident, maybe someone wanted to get their friend a job there. That happens.

Why quit, don't let them win. stick it out the two weeks till your other job is open. If that falls through for some strange reason, maybe go back to your original job. You will be a lot more content with that if the other jobs fall apart now. Sometimes people don't jive, not everyone can get along for many reasons.

Sometimes dreams become nightmares, but I don't have to tell you that. Good luck

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Why not have a little fun with them instead? When you hand in your resignation play it like you are a bit unhappy with resigning, but are resigning since you feel that you are afraid of losing your lively hood and that you would not have gotten another job, if you had not been told that you did not fit in.

Being aggressive will only make them aggressive in response and they will think good riddance. Being a pacifist forced to act due to their actions they will have a harder time dealing with mentally. Maybe then they will see that they have created the karma they deserve.
edit on 20-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Good luck.

But remember, The grass is greener on the other side because there is more sh## on the other side.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Suck it up until you have a branch to leap on when they try to boot you off the ship. I was reading a comic made in honor of Mandela earlier today, a poetic thing about the hell he went through and how he made a point of honing his body and mind and soul against the utter agony of his life in prison, and how his freedom presented an opportunity to practice the person he had crafted in the pits of that abyss. Moral of the story: The best revenge is success.
edit on 20-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Pffft, sounds like the plot of another comic book anti hero, Batman the Dark Knight Rises. Nelson Mandela was in that one too. Oh no that was Morgan Freeman ha ha. Anyway we all know the grief that brought don't we. Mabus has left the building.

That was my rant!

As for you OP, hang in there to the last minute, bite your tongue until it's time

PS, Think alot of people would feel blessed by even having the worst and most abusive jobs right now.Sad ain't it ?
edit on 20-12-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I cannot stress enough how much I feel your pain. I was in a similar situation just a few months ago (I would write all about it here, but there's enough content for an entirely different thread), but finally managed to get away from that hell.

It might not be a good financial decision to quit a job, especially in today's world, but it's not much better continuing to work in a crappy job. I wish you all the best, and hopefully your next job will be much better.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I approve of the advice that you should leave on good terms. But also don't take any sh*t either. If they ask you why I'd say at most give them their own opinion right back at em, say "Ya know, I just don't think I fit in around here."

But through it all just remember, you're going off to greener pastures and leaving it all behind you, so it's not something to even bother yourself with.

That or take a big poop on the table in the break room, you decide...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Been there, done that, unfortunately ... doing it again.

You sound like you're doing it right. All the advice above this post is where you'll find the right answers.

I would add, that when you're gone, you only mention this in the light of a 'hard lesson learned' so people respect you for doing what you had to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Thanks for all the advise guys!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Find ways to annoy them and not get fired. On the last day, if you have an employee only bathroom, poop in the back tank. So every time they flush it will stink like crazy.

Other than that you have that job nailed down right? Have some fun.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
one phone call to a recruitment agency and you are forgotten about -next- .

sounds like they have a high turn over of staff so it is no biggie on you or their part some one will be glad of the job cleaners are 2 a cent

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join