It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Storm Threatens British Christmas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

So the morning after, we've got power but the people just a mile away don't. Wind ripped part of our exterior plumbing away, and I saw three trashed trampolines in a five minute walk from our house and four ripped off fence panels.

Seen worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The wind is picking up here in North east Scotland a bit and it's starting to snow on and off...we can feel the storm approaching...it's really weird. I will be out of work as early as I can manage, and heading up the hill to batten down the hatches!
I'm really looking forward to being home for a couple of days, to be honest.

I'm much more worried about Friday's storm...looks like a monster building. Stay safe everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well the storm did for my fence in the rear garden. Shall have to find someone in the New Year to replace it. Still, it could have been worse, no structural damage to the house, which is a relief.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Pleased to say no damage here (but I really must get the leylandii at the foot of my garden trimmed!) and the river, though in flood, is not above normal winter flood levels.

Friday's repeat doesn't now look to be quite as bad, especially in the south - though still pretty wet & windy!

I hope, despite the major disruption on roads and trains during the busiest travel period of the year, that everyone has got home for Christmas and the power is resumed for those without. Sadly there have been deaths

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A guy I work with came within inches of not making it into work this morning when a tree landed on top of his Honda S2000 last night.Luckily he had the hard roof fitted,it it still had the soft top from the sumer fitted he'd be in the morgue by now.Luckily his guardian angel was in the passengers seat.

You know it's going to be serious when even the gritting lorries need help......

edit on 24-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just seen this.This is Redhill aerodrome just a few miles away from me,and this is the first time they've ever had flooding here.Quite unusual as it's on top of a small hill.....

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Christmas cancelled for many

www.bbc.co.uk...

And Friday's storm still looking rather potent - Wales and the north of England remain in the firing line for some of the strongest winds - especially western coasts - and more rain will only mean more flooding. Though at least there'll be fewer folk travelling.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Amber alert now issued for wind across Anglesey and northern England tomorrow - could be more damage and dangerous driving conditions, especially on western coasts and across the Pennines, with 80mph+ gusts expected; rail services between England and Scotland could also be disrupted.

Rain looks likely to be worst over the Lake District and SW Scotland, with most places affected by floods earlier this week now looking likely to see a wee top-up but hopefully nothing to bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join