It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Attend Any Concert (past or present), What Would It Be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

I had a ticket to the original Woodstock in 69 but because the NY Thruway was closed with thousands trying to get there...I didn't make it. So, my list would be:

Woodstock-69

The Beatles- Shea Stadium or Hollywood Bowl

Monterey Pop-67 (Who smashed equip for the 1st time because Hendrix used lighter fluid to light his guitar on fire, and they wanted to upstage him because he went on 1st instead of them)

Pink Floyd-Pompei, Italy

Rolling Stones-Altamont, CA
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spell

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

mysterioustranger

Monterey Pop-67 (Who smashed equip for the 1st time because Hendrix used lighter fluid to light his guitar on fire, and they wanted to upstage him because he went on 1st instead of them)

You don't know your music history. The Who began smashing their equipment in 1964. Here is a vid of Jeff Beck doing it in 1966 when he played with the Yardbirds:-

Hendrix was a mere imitation when it came to destroying equipment and a later comer at that.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Im going to rephrase my statement. I saw the Who much earlier (years, perhaps 1965-66) destroy their equipment during a performance of "My Generation". Also, I never said they were the 1st...no need to throw Jeff into the mix!

Referencing Monterey Pop:
en.wikipedia.org...

*c/o: Wikipedia-(The Who went on 1st before Hendrix at Monterey...and they both earlier agreed to conclude each of their sets by smashing equipment.)

*c/o: Wikipedia-"...guitarist Pete Townshend smashed his guitar, smoke bombs exploded behind the amps and frightened concert staff rushed onstage to retrieve expensive microphones. At the end of the mayhem, drummer Keith Moon kicked over his drum kit as the band exited the stage. The Who, after winning a coin toss, performed before Jimi Hendrix, as Townshend and Hendrix each refused to go on after the other, both having planned instrument-demolishing conclusions to their respective sets."

I was busy playing 5-6 shows a week myself from 64-65 thru 1970, again leaving Michigan on tour in 1972. Returning home after recording, tv and touring for 8 years, I ended that stretch in Dec of 1980 the day after John Lennon died. I missed a great many major concerts because of that.

Regardless of my mis-quote, I would have like to have been at Monterey.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I really wish I knew who you are and who you played with.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

My groups or identity is not why Im here, doesn't really matter in the scheme of life, and Im not here to spout egotistical sounding facts that aren't necessary for me to post here.

I don't need to sell more records or books Ive authored. Its just not that important.

Life is not about what one's done...but what one does for others on a daily basis that matters.

Ive sent you a lengthy U2U in response to your question. Check your private email (U2U) and get back to me if you wish.

Thanks MS

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would love to have seen Led Zeppelin and early Genesis in the day, or Frampton.

I would like to go back to stadium concerts I experienced - Pink Floyd in late 70s and U2 in the 80s. I was a huge indoor arena for a late 70s Yes concert and once at an outdoor venue - and they were incredible.
Would love to revisit those through time travel and invisibility cloak.

I did see Heart in concert in a large indoor arena and they were really great (around 1980).

If I had to pick one - it would be a toss-up between Floyd and early U2. Either one would be magical.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Pink Floyd The Wall back in 79 I would love to see that concert again. AC/DC the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap tour that one also so sad what happened to Bon Scott. And any concert by Queen as long as Freddy is the front man.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes, The Wall was awesome!
I agree, Queen would have been something to experience. Forgot about how great they were.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Galadriel

Freddy Mercury was one heck of a showman. During the 70's and 80's I was able to see all the big acts and would be more than happy to see any of them again.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Deep Purple or Led Zep between 1970 and 1974.

1974 was a bit of a watershed...Blackmore left Purple, Page turned to smack and couldn't play for toffee sometimes.

And I would have been at my peak of happiness (age 9 - 13, oh happy days...)

Of course it would never have happened because I wasn't into that genre at the time.

I was into 50s R n R, I would have killed to see Buddy Holly and The Crickets live...

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Pink floyd the wall,Supertramp,Queen,Peter gabriel,,and do not laugh,Enigma... oh ,and there is an underground kick ass pop rock singer in Iran called Farzin Darooie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join