It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House broadens Obamacare exemptions (again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Another ObamaCare "exemption" has been unveiled.

This one affects only people who are victims of cancelled policies.

You will now be :allowed: to skip down to a cheaper "catastrophic" policy for at least one year.

That means you will not be "mandated" to buy a new regular policy if you don't want it.

This is available to only those who get a cancellation notice on an existing policy.

Interesting because apparently many people who have been cancelled have already bought new policies. It isn't clear if people can "cancel" new policies and opt into a scaled down policy.

This is most likely a "Political" maneuver and not an effort to make the law or society better.

The "Bare-Bones" plans have been the focus of much blame and criticism.

Millions of Americans who had their health plans cancelled will be exempt from the Obamacare individual mandate, the administration said Thursday — a surprise move that comes just before Monday’s deadline to sign up for coverage starting Jan. 1.

The administration also said people who had their plans cancelled could get a scaled-back catastrophic plan, which has more limited benefits than those included in other Obamacare health plans.

The move prompted sharp criticism from Republicans and concern from the insurance industry that another last-minute change would disrupt coverage and lead to tumult in the new marketplaces.

White House broadens Obamacare exemptions

Administration faces backlash over new ObamaCare exemptions

Obama Lifts Health Mandate for Those With Canceled Plans

Before we know it, the whole law will end up #Exempted#

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The question remains. . . . .

Is this administration grossly incompetent?

Or

Evilly shrewd, in creating an unsubstainable program that'll lead to single payer?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

beezzer

Or

Evilly shrewd, in creating an unsubstainable program that'll lead to single payer?

Both, but emphasis on the incompetent.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

beezzer

Or

My vote: BOTH!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Another ... Star-n-Flag.

A SIGN of ... "PANIC"?

( T Minus 11 Days and Counting )

OR

Repeal ???

edit on 20-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sad this is not one politician is learning anything from haphazardly coddling together a multi-thousand page bill written by people who have no clue paired with representatives from the very companies they are trying to regulate that nobody will read or can explain and hurriedly passing it into law before anyone has a chance to think or take a breath.

We need to re-make the "how a bill becomes a law" Schoolhouse Rock cartoon.

Sing a song about fostering emotional responses with baseless rhetoric and putting people who have no experience in the matter at hand whatsoever in charge of it and getting it done as quickly as possible leaking as few details as possible.

It really is far too easy to pass a law in the country. Seems all anyone needs to know to decide their vote is the title. If the title sounds nice then the bill must be also be nice, right?

Got this bill here titled Unicorns for Everyone that is designed to grant eternal life to all who want it. Don't read it. Dont understand it. But vote. Do you want to vote for eternal life or endless death? Are you willing to go on record with that vote? Remember, next year is an election year.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I recently concluded 2 thoughts about this government and based in their moves :

They use Polynesian navigation (no compass).

They use Scapegoating (24/7).

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

beezzer

Or

I say both are part of the equation because if they somehow get to the single payer part, it will end up being just as incompetent as ObamaCare appears to be already.

We simply can not just assume that a single payer system would automatically be workable.

The master plan might be to nationalize the insurance companies and nationalize the medical business.

We know that more and more consolidation is happening in insurance/hospital/network companies, as more small companies will be swallowed up by the bigger ones.

I bet they have the formulas all worked out.

A certain point of "distress" within the industries will trigger the "crisis" to justify nationalization.

And of course, they must make it as hard as possible for the citizens.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

The master plan might be to nationalize the insurance companies and nationalize the medical business.

We know that more and more consolidation is happening in insurance/hospital/network companies, as more small companies will be swallowed up by the bigger ones.

Nationalizing probably won't work. Look what happened when the bank got "too big to prosecute." Same thing may happen with the insurance companies.

As far as the evil vs incompetent question... both IMO.

With the new exceptions, this is apparently the 14th change to the law made without congressional approval. Gotta love the "rule of law" here in the US.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Bassago

Nationalizing probably won't work. Look what happened when the bank got "too big to prosecute." Same thing may happen with the insurance companies.

As far as the evil vs incompetent question... both IMO.

With the new exceptions, this is apparently the 14th change to the law made without congressional approval. Gotta love the "rule of law" here in the US.

Yep.

"Nationalizing" would lead to more incompetence for sure.

And I wonder how many more =exceptions= need to happen before the law itself becomes totally useless.

We need to remember that the people involved may not be "normal" as we are supposed to think.

I have a question for anyone who might know....

Are the hospitals, clinics, etc. etc. in Canada all "owned" by companies or are they government "owned" ?

And how 'bout the employees like doctors, nurses, etc. ?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There's more....

People are exempt from the tax penalty too.

They keep driving more wedges between groups of people.

Sebelius: No Tax Penalty for Those Who Had Individual Policies Canceled

People whose existing health care insurance has been canceled because of the Affordable Care Act will not be hit with tax penalties for failing to line up new coverage as required under the law.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says she will use authorities in the law to issue a "temporary hardship exemption" from those penalties.

Under another stopgap option Sebelius announced Thursday, those whose plans were canceled will be able to buy a bare-bones catastrophic plan regardless of their age. Such plans had been intended for those under 30.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. . . . .

The government created a law that ruined peoples healthcare plans.

The government then created a platform that would provide a poorer, more expensive healthcare plan instead.

When that platform failed, the government "allowed" people to get a hardship plan temporarily until they can get the more expensive, poorer program.

Am I getting this right, so far?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yep you got it.

They have to crash the entire system before they will 'give us' that super duper wonderful single payer.

Although I don't see why they love that ideal so effing much.

That so called single payer will be us paying the government more money.

Some people will be paying for it.

Most won't be.

Pretty much like every social engineering program we have.
edit on 20-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You will now be :allowed: to skip down to a cheaper "catastrophic" policy for at least one year.

That means you will not be "mandated" to buy a new regular policy if you don't want it.

Whew... What a relief..because, see, I'm not buying any of it, anyway. Period. So...Hopefully this means my penalty will be lower commensurate to the lower amount I'm actually not paying because I refuse to be scammed, right?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FarleyWayne

SO Mr. Obama, you are saying there won't be any "Repeal" ???

edit on 20-12-2013 by FarleyWayne because: HOW Washington D.C. became a ... "Funny Farm" ???

new topics

top topics

join