It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LGBT community should be outraged!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

sorry but the dixie chicks would like a word with you.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Church!

He has the right to say what he wants, and people have the right to respond, likewise if he signed a contract with A&E and he violated it, they have a right to suspend him.

this does not violate free speech, as he was and will continue to be free to say whatever he believes

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

So if his contract had nothing to do with what he says outside of the show, and they still put him on indefinite suspension, what then?

If that is the case, should you be liable for loosing your job for what views you might express here on ATS, or some other social media site?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

ATS has been infected with gay threads.

You're gay, good for you...no one gives a damn.

ETA:

Wasn't saying your gay, just in general to the gay agenda on ATS.

BRB authoring tons of threads about being straight.
edit on 12/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed

I'd like to see a copy of this so-called Gay Agenda that folks keep whinging about. Rainbow-coloured paper with metallic gold script?

If there is an agenda, it is to be accepted for what they are, and not be judged by morons wielding books of bronze-age folk tales as justification. The day you no longer care when you see a gay couple kissing in public or walking down the street holding hands is the day you can say "no one gives a damn". Until then...sorry, you're part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Copy?

Look at the last few days of ATS...

Don't play coy with my silly Canuck.

If I recall correctly you are from Vancouver area, that explains it.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

I'd like to see a copy of this so-called Gay Agenda that folks keep whinging about. Rainbow-coloured paper with metallic gold script?

If there is an agenda, it is to be accepted for what they are, and not be judged by morons wielding books of bronze-age folk tales as justification. The day you no longer care when you see a gay couple kissing in public or walking down the street holding hands is the day you can say "no one gives a damn". Until then...sorry, you're part of the problem.

You know Johnny we can apply your reasoning here to everything to have a perfect world I guess, but it is not going to happen. Every person on this planet has different views from everyone else. There are 1000s of behaviors out there and with every one of them there are people who agree and practice those behaviors and other who do not an see them as wrong.

Homosexuality has two things going against it. One is the religious aspect of it being wrong, and the other is the physical aspect that most heterosexuals find rather disgusting. I'm not religious so I really do not care about that part but there a lot and I mean A LOT of people in the world that are religious and do care. I find the physical aspects of their lifestyle kind of gross, so I guess that must makes me homophobia, though I no problems working, partying, enjoying their company etc. I have a friend that cheats a lot and I disagree with that too, so I guess I'm a cheatphobia too.

So what is a gay agenda? I believe it is the activist part that wants to force the normalization of it all on the majority. Once again I don't have a problem with this except for instances where disagreeing with them is labeled as wrong and actions are taken based on that belief. It is a form of reversed gay bashing where a group beats up a gay person for being gay, now a person is attacked in some way for disagreeing with their behavior.

To give you an example of one form of attack, the answer to anyone disagreeing is to use the negative connotation "homophobia" as a diagnose to a person who disagrees with that lifestyle. Its like saying being gay is perfectly normal and the person who disagrees has a mental condition. This is quite funny and a nice switcheroo since homosexuality was once in the DSM.

Now here is the interesting part... What would determine if a person has this mental disorder homophobia?

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality

So you either agree with it 100% or you are sick....

edit on 22-12-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Please tell me when they are NOT outraged.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The LGBT community doesn't and shouldn't feel bad. They have done nothing wrong. . They didn't make him express his personal and religious views to a national publication. Like it or not, Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty, is employed by the A&E Network. He is a very public employee and is at all times representing them. He was hired to act a fool and entertain people, not to spout his political and religious beliefs. If his actions are not befitting an A&E employee than they have every right to discipline and or fire him. When I started my job I was given an employee handbook and every page was gone over and explained. I signed off agreeing to those terms. Even away from work, on my own time, I am still representing the company. If I do something that reflects poorly on the company or something they don’t agree with I can be disciplined and or fired. Do I totally agree with their policies, No. But do I need to work, Yes. I am an adult and learned a long time ago when and what things are appropriate. Also, my personal thoughts, political and religious beliefs are MINE; I don’t need to be sharing them with the world. Some people never seem to figure that out.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Want to know why this was so hyped up.

The 2014 NDAA was passed by the Senate and is expected to be fast tracked.

It was all a load of # so people were not paying attention.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Phil Robertson is just as entitled to his opinions and beliefs as anyone else.I have friends that are gay and lesbian but I am neither,I believe the term is heterosexual.My friends and I have had discussions about our individual beliefs and feelings and we have come to realize that even though we are very different people we take great pride in the fact that we are friends above all else. And even though our philosophies and beliefs,at times, could not be further from each other,it is those differences that our friendships are built upon.We have a great deal of respect for each other and are often the victims of each others crude humor,we have the ability to accept each other as human beings.There has never been anything so trivial as politically correctness or social unacceptability that has ever interfered with our abilities to accept each other as a member of the human race.I guess my point is If we can't accept each other as human beings without being offended by every little thing that isn't what we think it should be, then we don't deserve each other and we outta just blow ourselves up!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
From page 1 of this thread..

Asktheanimals
Freedom for some negates the so-called equality some are demanding.
The problem isn't sexuality, it's the hypocrisy of those calling for freedom for themselves at the expense of others.
The LGBT community needs to renounce these political hacks who have become their self-appointed "leaders".
The gay people I know have always been far more tolerant than these supposed representatives of their lifestyle.
Both sides get smeared in this argument, Gay and Christian.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

I disagree here. The problem is in fact sexuality. To many people are out here ..hetero and homo both defning themselves by their sexuality, and or sexual orientation and expecting others to be silent about it or at least let them default through unquestioned or unchallanged.

This is the evidence of a people being dumbed down ..into the gutters in ignorance.

No one in their right mind defines themselves by their sexuality, or sexual orientation. It just isnt done by thinking people.

I am not making the point here that people do not have sexuality or sexual orientation.

I am making the point that people are so much much more than sexuality and sexual orientation.

People have historically defined who and what they are by their lineage, their occupations, or some great work they have done and left to posterity.

But to define ones self by ones sexuality or sexual orientation and expect or even demand others approve of it or at least remain silent and allow them to defaut through ..even to censor others who dissent is not reasonable..or logical and certainly not historical. It is stupidity attempting to pass for excellence.

I do not approve of this being done by heteros and I know alot of them for whom their sexuality is the only tool in their tool box. It is about all they know..particularly on Friday and Saturday nights. Why would I approve of it in others?? That does not make good nonsense.

People are so much much more than sexualty and sexual orientation.

Don't get so dumbed down that you lose sight of this simplicity.

It does not take much brain or education power to take off your clothes.

And when I see leadership catering to this nonsense ..I detect a scam taking place for votes. The body politic is part and parcel along with the media selling us a phony bill of goods for votes. They too must dumb us down.

People are more than sexuality and sexual orientation.

The Duck guys and their women should be able to figure this out for themselves...but I do not detect this in them. Nor in their ministers. As a matter of fact..I have not heard any ministers teach or preach this understanding and they of all people should know this and be able to teach this simplicity to their flocks.

Thanks,
Orangetom
edit on 23-12-2013 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The LGBT community is fighting for basic civil liberties that correct the injustice of them being legally second class citizens.

Some bigot hick on a reality TV show is just spouting his ignorant, misinformed opinions.

If you can't see the difference in that, then I'm not sure what to say. Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom to hate - Your argument is flawed and the tactic is a very old one.
edit on 23-12-2013 by VelvetSplash because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed

ETA:

BRB authoring tons of threads about being straight.

Just like seeing black people on TV NOT dressed as maids or sharing a restaurant seating area with them - you're going to have to get used to the fact that gay men and women no longer need to live in fear and silence, and get used the fact that they might *gasp* hold hands in public or discuss issues important to them on public forums - exactly the same way you do. Welcome to equality.

Your insidious doublespeak fools nobody - you say you don't care and "good for you", but ATS has been "infected". As for authoring threads on being straight - the entire world mass-media communication and pop culture revolves around white middle-class heterosexuality - you'd think you'd let a few forum posts fly under the radar, obviously not.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

macman

You have forgotten Macman's number one rule.
It is always different for Progressives. Always.

Sigh

The reality is that social conservatives believe the rules should be different for themselves due to their interpretation of the Bible. Their bigotry and racism is always justified due to their religious beliefs and anyone who questions their beliefs are the real bigots and haters who want to destroy Christianity.

I have seen it again and again.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the more interesting question is, what exactly is being perpetrated behind the scenes, while the public gobbles up this ostensible matter and gets occupied with it for days now... inform yourself, about how sleight-of-hand works...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

People get fired for conduct outside of jobs all the time, it just doesn't involve the Media. teachers have been fired for being gay before, people have been fired for business due to conduct outside their jobs. people have been fired for violating rules, and people have been fired for what they have said outside of their job.

this is not the first, it just involves the scary "Gay" word

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

macman

You have forgotten Macman's number one rule.
It is always different for Progressives. Always.

Sigh

The reality is that social conservatives believe the rules should be different for themselves due to their interpbeliefs are the real bigots and haters who want to destroy Christianity.

I have seen it again and again.

This does not hold water. While I don't remember the names of the people involved, I do recall an incident some years back where a panelist on a beauty contest asked of one of the contestants a question about gay marriage. When the panelist did nnot like or approve of the answer, They proceeded to turn on this contestant a whole media barrage to discredit and excoriate this woman. This panelist and this media machine proceeded to dig up all manner of dirt on this contestant to discredit and drag her through the mud in the public's eye.
In this manner they became judge, jury and executioner. I found this type of conduct to be bigoted and hateful. This single act told me that these groups are not tolerant, nor people of love and respect...but it will be our way or no way. They demand tolerance of others but give none. This incident was pure hate on the part of this individual panelist and group. It was intolerance and bigotry.

I have yet to figure out what crime this contestant committed?? Yet these groups attempted to try this contestant in the court of public opinion/press/media...judge, jury, and executioner.

I did not approve of this in the case of Tawana Brawley, the Duke University lacrosse team, nor the Michael Vick trial, nor this Travon Martin business.
Trial by press...by media frenzy as judge, jury, and executioner.

So too with this Duck fellow. It seems to have backfired..in like manner to the Chicken fillet business about a year or so ago. People are getting weary and disgusted with this issue and cheap media manipulation which tends to accompany it.

The Christian doctrine and practice is to not define themselves by the standards of the world ..particularly to not define ones self by their sexuality or sexual orientation. For the nations surrounding Ancient Israel were already doing this around their holidays and festivals. This is known information's by those who know history and it can also be found in the Word if one knows for where to look.

The Christians are to define themselves by the God who lives In them daily. By nothing else. So too it was with the Hebrew People.
Christians want to separate from this kind of thing..not be bombarded by it daily and from everywhere. They also do not want their children bombarded by it from every avenue out here.
They want their children to have a childhood and not be dragged into adulthood/sexuality before they are sufficiently prepared to handle adulthood/sexuality.

What crime statute have the Christians committed/violated by not wanting to join in with the rest of the world..by wanting to separate from this??

Give me the name of the god of rampant runaway open sexuality?? By name please?? Give me the name of this devout and obviously zealous religion of rampant, runaway, open sexuality???

No one capable of thinking for themselves...defines who and what they are by their sexuality and sexual orientation and then demands of others that they approve of this and give them respect..even demand approval and respect of others...or else!! This is just plain olde dumb. It is censorship...intolerance...coercion.

For thinking people know that human beings are much much more than sexuality and sexual orientation.

When I see people for whom they immediately identify themselves by their sexuality and sexual orientation..I know that they are just base animals and I don't care what their education or emotional level. They are base animals.

Human beings should be more than just base animals. They should know more than just base animals.

But I don't detect this understanding in people for whom their number one moniker is their sexuality and sexual orientation..the number one way they choose to define themselves and by this identification demand respect and recognition of others....or else!!

When I detect a body politic also catering to this group of people....I know that the body politics has become whores and pimps for votes. The body politic in this will sell anyone and anything into the gutter for political lucre/votes.

Neither of the dominant political parties will teach this line of thought to the public telling me that they are, both political parties, in on the scam for political lucre/votes. They are both pimps and whoremasters.
And they must needs work diligently to keep the rest of us ignorant of this template and line of thought.
So too with the media shilling for these political parties. Pimps and whoremasters.

One need not be highly educated to figure this out. It is right in front of you...daily.
I am speaking here not against sexuality per se..but against institutional, cultivated, stupidity and ignorance.

For people are so much more than sexuality and sexual orientation. Much much more.

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom
edit on 29-12-2013 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
Don't play coy with my silly Canuck.
If I recall correctly you are from Vancouver area, that explains it.

Actually, I'm from central Ontario, I'm straight, and I think that guys kissing is yucky. That's on me. Nor do I like brussels sprouts...but I'm not about to discriminate or cast value judgements on that basis, either. And I repeat...such a preoccupation with what other folks do with their naughty bits is unseeming, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

orangetom1999
While I don't remember the names of the people involved, I do recall an incident some years back where a panelist on a beauty contest asked of one of the contestants a question about gay marriage. When the panelist did nnot like or approve of the answer, They proceeded to turn on this contestant a whole media barrage to discredit and excoriate this woman. This panelist and this media machine proceeded to dig up all manner of dirt on this contestant to discredit and drag her through the mud in the public's eye.
In this manner they became judge, jury and executioner. I found this type of conduct to be bigoted and hateful. This single act told me that these groups are not tolerant, nor people of love and respect...but it will be our way or no way. They demand tolerance of others but give none.

Fool.

This was one guy, Perez Hilton. Why don't you go ahead and ask some gay people how they feel about him. Everyone hates the guy.

The fact that you took one circumstance and painted an entire group of people with it shows the lack of intellectualism it takes to have certain mindsets expressed ad-ridiculum on this forum.

And then, I take it, you turn around and say that Westboro Baptist isn't an accurate depiction of Christianity? Or should we think that all Christians, "these groups", are the same and stand for the same thing?

Pathetic.

So too with this Duck fellow. It seems to have backfired..in like manner to the Chicken fillet business about a year or so ago. People are getting weary and disgusted with this issue and cheap media manipulation which tends to accompany it.

No, you give the american population way too much credit for intellect. They are upset that something has come between them and a character on their favourite TV show. That's really as complex as it gets.

Christians want to separate from this kind of thing..not be bombarded by it daily and from everywhere. They also do not want their children bombarded by it from every avenue out here.
They want their children to have a childhood and not be dragged into adulthood/sexuality before they are sufficiently prepared to handle adulthood/sexuality.

"I don't understand this, and I won't have my children understanding it either!"

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join