It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Slams James Clapper over National Security Agency Lying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I agree with Sen. Paul. The fact that the Director of the NSA has been lying - and lying to CONGRESS - is big problem. The director of the NSA should be pristine and trustworthy. He absolutely isn't and he's still in a position to do a lot of damage (brown-shirt jack-boot style damage). Clapper lied to Congress. He should be removed from his position at the NSA and put on trial.

Politico - Rand Paul Slams James Clapper over National Security Agency Lying

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday said that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper has been as harmful to American intelligence gather capabilities as leaker Edward Snowden.

“That Clapper is lying to Congress is probably more injurious to our intelligent capabilities than anything Snowden did,” Paul told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “Clapper has damaged the credibility of the entire intelligence apparatus and I’m not sure what to believe anymore when they come to Congress.”

Paul also said he believes Clapper would need to resign to restore confidence in the intelligence community.

RELATED -
Rep. Peter King: Rand Paul 'Disgraced His Office' With Clapper Attacks

New York Rep. Peter King on Thursday ripped into Sen. Rand Paul for his attack on Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, charging that his fellow Republican "disgraced his office — and he owes General Clapper an apology immediately."

"That is absolutely disgraceful to compare General Clapper with a traitor," King, who confirmed to Newsmax in July that he was considering a bid for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016, told Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

He was referring to Edward Snowden, the former National Security Agency subcontractor who leaked information about the government's vast electronic surveillance programs. Paul told Blitzer on Wednesday that Clapper posed a greater threat to the nation's security than Snowden.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So to recap.

snowden- tells the truth to the american people. TRAITOR! HANG HIM BY HIS NECK!

clapper- lies to CONGRESS AND ALL AMERICANS. HERO! WE OWE HIM AN APOLOGY! and maybe some cake and hot cocoa for his troubles.

Does that sum it up?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with Rand Paul here (surprise! lol). Clapper should be held accountable for lying to Congress. I believe they have a term for that... Oh yeah perjury, it's illegal and even caused a sitting U.S. President to be impeached. As for Peter King, he is clearly a shill for the M.I.C. and should be voted out of office immediately. Thanks King for outing your allegiances. Let's hope that his constituents are wise enough to vote him out now.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

dashen
So to recap.

snowden- tells the truth to the american people. TRAITOR! HANG HIM BY HIS NECK!

clapper- lies to CONGRESS AND ALL AMERICANS. HERO! WE OWE HIM AN APOLOGY! and maybe some cake and hot cocoa for his troubles.

Does that sum it up?

Very nice summary.

Well done!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

So to recap. snowden- tells the truth to the american people. TRAITOR! HANG HIM BY HIS NECK! clapper- lies to CONGRESS AND ALL AMERICANS. HERO! WE OWE HIM AN APOLOGY! and maybe some cake and hot cocoa for his troubles. Does that sum it up?

I would say my good man that you have it the nail squarely on the head.

Over the past several years a very disturbing trend has been happening in the US. Those that live there may not be aware of it or even see it. The trend is to call things that are good = evil and those things that are evil = good. Edward Snowden reveals the illegal activities of the NSA and it is he who is call evil traitor. Yet Gen. Clapper lies to Congress and the US people which not only disgraces himself, his uniform, branch of service and shaming himself before the US public, yet he is said to be owed an apology. This is evil being called good.

Lying before Congress and the US people should have resulted in automatic removal from office, reduction in grade to lowest enlisted rank and given a dishonorable discharge. However, he will probably be given a medal.

new topics

top topics

join