It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian and US scientists reverse ageing in mice, humans could be next

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Australian and US researchers have developed a compound which reverses muscle ageing in mice, saying it could be one of the keys to reversing ageing in humans.

When used in trials, the compound gave mice more energy, toned their muscles , reduced inflammation, and led to big improvements in insulin resistance.

Scientists say it actually reversed the ageing process, not just slowing it down, and say that for humans the effect would be similar to a 60-year-old feeling like a 20-year-old.

Australian and US scientists reverse ageing in mice, humans could be next

This looks quite promising. Human trials are beginning hopefully next year. At the moment the compound in it's current form would cost $40k a day to get the same affect on a human and it hasn't been tested yet so they don't know if it works in humans.

Does look very promising though. Got any opinions?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

Since aging is considered as a disease by modern understanding, will it be covered with health insurance?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yeah, this would only ever be available to the one percent. If you think the psychos in charge are going to allow the masses to live as long as them, ya wrong!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
only the very wealthy will be able to get this .

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I heard an alternative theory that humans long in the past lived far longer lives to to the amount of Zenon in the atmosphere.. I'd like to see some research on that..

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

ObservingYou
I heard an alternative theory that humans long in the past lived far longer lives to to the amount of Zenon in the atmosphere.. I'd like to see some research on that..

You do mean Xenon?

The Xenon stuff is found in nuclear reactors, but earths atmosphere has it in small amounts.

wow you made me go some research myself must say I am impressed with it,

Xenon Therapy
edit on 20/12/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Very interesting article, I read about it on Science daily yesterday. I studied the subject and the chemicals involved. Increasing the chemicals involved in making the signal in the NAD pathways can help to repair tissues. These chemicals are already used and they are illegal to use in sports. Increasing the signal chemical also increases the ability of cancer to grow, it hogs this chemical and this weakens us.

Increasing oxygen transport seems to be the logical solution. I utilize some of this to help my breathing. I'm still getting older though
Making sure you have adequate amounts of nitrogen in the body is a must and having a continued supply of minerals in the proper ratios needed to keep this working is crucial. A lop sided diet is not good. Eating foods where minerals are bound is not good, you have to eat more.

Having enough sugar is also crucial but remember that too much sugar can also help cancer grow faster. If it grows fast, our body can't stop it easily, then we need to get treated.

I still have to do more research and thinking on this, thanks for the reminder. S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here is the secret to living longer.

DONT EAT MORE THAN YOU NEED TO.

I'ts been proven time and time again that a High calorie intake will result in early death.

Your body is a machine and the more DNA you replicate the more it degrades. Keep cell metabolism low is the obvious solution.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

jaytay
only the very wealthy will be able to get this .

Fat chance.

I wont be quitly dying why the elite live forever.

No I will take it by force if I have to. I will steal it. Dammit if I will die at the whim of the 1%

And im sure many more will support me on that and cause a huge cluster F.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

KBadger
Yeah, this would only ever be available to the one percent. If you think the psychos in charge are going to allow the masses to live as long as them, ya wrong!

They might not have a choice. We live in a market-based system. If this discovery is publicized, and there's a huge demand, it will eventually get to the masses, whether they like it or not. This technology will initially be extremely expensive, but the price will drop over time. It might be within our reach sooner than you think.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

The part that caught my attention was this line...
effect would be similar to a 60-year-old feeling like a 20-year-old

the key phrase is feeling like a 20 year old...
it doesn't say returns said 60 year old to a physically fit 20 year old body it simply says feels like...

Then you take in the 40k per day cost and it seems to me a wealthy 60 year old would gain the same "Feel like" effect by marrying a hot young stripper wife...

That's what oil mogul J. Howard Marshall did when he married Anna Nicole Smith... same effect without taking any experimental drugs...

BTW, far as I know she never did get her hands on the old mans money...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

HardCorps
the key phrase is feeling like a 20 year old...
it doesn't say returns said 60 year old to a physically fit 20 year old body it simply says feels like...

No, the article is quite clear about this. The treatment physically reversed muscle ageing. The mouses were healthier and musculary toned. However, they're talking about muscles here, not the whole body. At least not yet.

I'm not sure if it will lead to a complete reversal of the ageing process (i.e. immortality), but that's a definite possibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's fantastic news if true, although i can't seeing it reaching us for another 10 or so years. it's the holy grail of medicine isn't it ? reversing the aging process.

The trouble is it'll be in the news for a few more days then vanish into thin air never to be heard of again.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Fat chance.

I wont be quitly dying why the elite live forever.

No I will take it by force if I have to. I will steal it. Dammit if I will die at the whim of the 1%

And im sure many more will support me on that and cause a huge cluster F.

No, that's just the first stage of production cost, large scale production of anything radically cuts the costs.

Having said that, it may be a total pig to make and manufacture to cover the whole population may not be possible.

If you did get it ommonly available you'd have to force sterilaisations, as the population growth would be massive and immediate otherwise.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Antigod
[

If you did get it ommonly available you'd have to force sterilaisations, as the population growth would be massive and immediate otherwise.

O we would have to stop pratting about and have a big push into space.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

KBadger

Actually, it'll only be unavailable to the ignorant, close minded and those militantly against it.

All one would need do is trace back to the source papers on the research and replicate it in your OWN Kitchen.
Well, replicating realistically will take more than a standard kitchen, but, anyone with the proper education and equipment could bootleg it.

This is true of anything. If there's a demand for something strong enough, there will always be someone somewhere willing to supply to that demand.

This gene to reverse aging in muscle combined with others like the Self Heal like Wolverine Gene Found, could very definitely make for an immortal future.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I forgot to mention above where to find this chemical that can extend your life. If is a derivative of Caffeic acid. I have to go have a cup of caffeic acid right now.
I can't say whether the type in coffee is the right one though. But it sure tastes like it increases communication within the cells.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leeda

I wonder if they have developed something to regenerate the Talomeres? I also wonder if it would have an effect on thinking?

"Their brain function improved, their fertility was restored, it was a remarkable reversal of the aging process."

"Scientists took mice who were prematurely aged, added an enzyme, and essentially turned the Talomeres back on."

Interesting! It also reversed physical aging, and even increased the brain back to normal size!

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here guys: This is an empirical study done on researching the effect of a certain Eastern medicine, Shoushen Granule, on talomere length in rats, which found that there were regenerative effects.

Link to Abstract

Wikipedia: Atheroscerosis
edit on 21amSat, 21 Dec 2013 03:34:35 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

You can buy TA 65 on E-bay, which is an enzyme that reverses the Talomere aging process - the review on Amazon is by someone who used it in order to help their grandfather with Alzheimers. I believe that this particular product was empirically tested and shown to help with Atheroscerosis, however some of the causes of Atheroscerosis and Alzeimers may be related to Talomere length.

Link to Amazon Review

Link to purchase on E-bay
edit on 21amSat, 21 Dec 2013 03:42:40 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 21amSat, 21 Dec 2013 03:43:50 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Watch out! The pill bottles (of 30) are upwards of $200.00!! And the patient mentioned in the Amazon review was taking up to 4 pills a day - $800.00 a month.

Note, however, that $800.00 a month can be cost-effective when dealing with dementia or Alzheimers. The patient mentioned in the review went from not being able to function at all to being able to function enough to eat, shower, put on clean clothes and talk in short sentences.

This is ridiculously effective - it could mean the difference between putting your parents or grandparents in a home or not - and those can get very spendy, for one, and the quality of life there is questionable.
edit on 21amSat, 21 Dec 2013 03:47:06 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Christ!! dont tell the government, they are doing there best to off us before we collect our pensions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join