It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg Sues Again to Overturn 2012 Living Wage Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If you want to know more about how public funds are disseminated to corporations you can check out NYCEDC,

Funding Agreements,

List of funding...

Business Incentives Rate
Last Updated July 1, 2013 at 3:31 pm
Business Incentive Rate (BIR) is an energy discount program co-administered by NYCEDC and Con Edison.

Commercial Expansion Program
Last Updated May 8, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Real estate tax reductions for commercial or industrial leases in targeted areas of the City.

Commercial Revitalization Program / CRT Special Reduction
Last Updated May 8, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Explore real estate tax reductions for commercial or retail leases in lower Manhattan.

Commercial Tax Incentives
Last Updated December 1, 2011 at 6:16 pm
Discretionary tax incentives for commercial projects with significant economic benefit to New York City.

Con Edison Economic Development Program
Last Updated January 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm
Discounted ConEdison energy programs to attract and retain businesses and jobs in New York City.

Empowerment Zone Benefits
Last Updated December 6, 2011 at 5:30 pm
Federal-designated area that offers an array of public funds and tax reductions for business development and investments.

Energy Cost Savings Program
Last Updated December 19, 2011 at 4:15 pm
Discounted energy program for businesses relocating to or undertaking capital projects in New York City.

Exempt Facilities Bond Program
Last Updated September 27, 2013 at 3:21 pm
Assistance in the form of tax exempt bonds for companies undertaking capital projects on exempt facilities in New York City

Etc, Etc, Etc...

Really, it's as if you were under the impression that the subsidies were created with the living wages bill… No. It wasn't. It's only modifying how businesses spend their free lunch.

edit on 20-12-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really, it's as if you were under the impression that the subsidies were created with the living wages bill…

Go on quote that.

Straight up it is not yours,mine or anyones to business to be telling what business owners what they should spend money on.

… No. It wasn't. It's only modifying how businesses spend their free lunch.

What free lunch ?

Business employs, people,make all the cool things people 'want'.

Pay half of the employees ss contributions

Pay the employees unemployment insurance.

Real easte loans. Machinery costs, and everything else it takes to keep their GD doors open.

So someone cry 'them evil business need to pay for me money, because they think they are worth so they can go buy whatever.

How a company large enough to employ a million dollars in wages isn't paying beyond minimum wage is bollocks to begin with

An opinion that would be worth more coming from a business owner who knows what it takes to run a business, and who deals with the asinine Bureaucracy in New York.

Hey ?

Look up the million dollar cab medallions to see how stupid the business climate is there.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The biggest problem it seems no one wants to talk about is inflation.

FIAT CURRENCY.

People cry all the time about the living wage crap. Throw out any GD hourly number you want.

It doesn't change a damn thing.

The problem that so many won't see, and won't talk about is the money.

Fix the GD money.

My first job hour miinmum wage was $3.25 an hour that has the value of $10 bucks an hour in todays dollars.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Go on quote that.
Straight up it is not yours,mine or anyones to business to be telling what business owners what they should spend money on.

Why not, they are spending your money? They are getting tax payer money, which is allocated to certain types of handouts so why not include wages as a provision if they are getting the money?

What free lunch ?
Business employs, people,make all the cool things people 'want'.
Pay half of the employees ss contributions
Pay the employees unemployment insurance.
Real easte loans. Machinery costs, and everything else it takes to keep their GD doors open.
So someone cry 'them evil business need to pay for me money, because they think they are worth so they can go buy whatever.

What are you talking about? This only applies to businesses that take money. Plenty don't.

An opinion that would be worth more coming from a business owner who knows what it takes to run a business, and who deals with the asinine Bureaucracy in New York.

As a business owner elsewhere I can tell you I don't get a million dollars in subsidies, but my workers make more than minimum wage.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Go on quote that.

Very confused. The businesses are being told how they can get subsidies, how they are eligible, and how to collect them. So if they are taking in these subsidies, yes, I think people have a say in how it should be spent, because they have a say in how it should be given…

Don't like it? Stop taking government handouts.

Quote you on the confusion? =

Post by Neo

You mean to say just because a 'company' that makes 1 million bucks a year be forced to increase wages for every employee they have?

Which translates to higher out of pocket expense the employers are already paying in unemployment insurance. That also translates to higher social security contributions as well.

The biggest thing here any company that gross's 1 million doesn't mean that company is 'profiting' 1 million.

We aren't talking about companies grossing 1 million, talking instead about 1 million in tax dollars given to them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join