It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does goal setting seem so hard to do???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Do you have any new years resolutions? And dont' say they're old. The way I look at it is every year (and every day) is a chance to start over and try again. Like if you fail a few times who cares, you just keep trying, that keeps life exciting. But if you're just lame like ahhh new years resolutions, who cares, well in that case why even get out of bed in the morning. ha ha. ;-P

but I find that my goals have shifted a lot lately. They were wild and crazy but I recently scaled them back to something far more practical. But the challenge there is there no longer exciting because I feel like even if I acheived them my life wouldn't change very much because the goals are not very big anymore. They're just basically plans on how to scrape out a living in the most practical way that might actually work.

I had some bigger goals but for the life of me I don't really know how to make sense of them and or figure out how to make them happen. Just seems like things are so competitive out there that a little pragmatism goes a long way. But then that kills the excitement too.

But anyway, what's your new years resolutions??? And do you think you stand a chance of making them a reality?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

That is why I have no goals and very low standards... stress free success

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In 2007 I made a resolution to work for myself till the day I die. No more 90% of the work load and 10% of the credit. My pay plummeted, But it's 2013 damn near 2014 and I'm still in business, pay has never gotten back to before...but I'm happier than I have ever been, as far as work in concerned. I would rather make a minimal amount of money and be very happy and pleased, than make tons and be miserable. As a matter of fact, on my business cards it say's that very thing " It's all about the Happy" As far as goals, I think we tend to make Goals instead of A GOAL. One is easier to reach than several. I always found set one..acheive it. Move to the next one. If you don't get to them all before you die..then you did the best you could. No one can ask for more than that...you can''t even ask yourself for more than that. Peace OYM1262

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I was not going to reply but what the hell......

I want to regain what I once had.
My self-esteem and the love AND respect of my wife. (both my,now adult, kids love and respect me at the present) :-)
This I will accomplish by remaining alcohol free and being responsible.
I know, on the surface, this sounds pathetic and things in general are good for me and my loved ones
But, I know I'm capable of more and for my own happiness I need to "get it together".

I do not want to be one of those middle aged men that sit around and reminisce over "how great things used to be" that's just plain sad.

Thank you spartacus for posting this thread. It got me to thinking and reflecting and I apprieciate that!
(insert old school ATS thumbs up >>HERE

top topics

join