It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europeans, help me understand something please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was hoping that someone could help educate me on the labor market restrictions that are going to be lifted in January?

I was watching a video on the problems with criminal rings of gypsy children plaguing Spain with thieving. There were a lot of comments from different European citizens about how in January, 2014, they will be allowed to invade.

What restrictions are there? What is the reasoning behind lifting them? And are you guys truly upset with this or only certain groups of people upset about this?

Thank you very much for the info!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

i think 'restrictions being lifted' refers to new countries entering the eu and immigration controls not applying. I may be wrong though. personnally it is not something which worries me, but i don't read the daily mail, or feel any sense of national pride. you can really tell the old guard are in power when the papers are full of gypsies, peados and badger culls... 'is a witch, burn her... burn them all...'

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

nixie_nox
I was hoping that someone could help educate me on the labor market restrictions that are going to be lifted in January?

I was watching a video on the problems with criminal rings of gypsy children plaguing Spain with thieving. There were a lot of comments from different European citizens about how in January, 2014, they will be allowed to invade.

What restrictions are there? What is the reasoning behind lifting them? And are you guys truly upset with this or only certain groups of people upset about this?

#

Thank you for the daily ration of rascism. You do realize that now, right? Oh, you did before? Thank you again..

Anyway, Bulgaria and Rumania won't be joining the Schengen-treaty, yet. 2015, maybe. So, no worries about those filthy gypsies..

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
One of the basic tenets of the EU is free movement of people throughout and also access to jobs and welfare.

Now take into account that the UK is a very crowded country, with a population density of 660 people per square mile compared to the USA's 83.

Despite it's small size, the UK is one of the more wealthy countries in the EU and has an overly generous benefits system in comparison to the other member countries.

Half of all immigrants in this country have arrived in the last ten years, and around 1/3 of all babies born in this country last year were born to non-British mothers.

Some come to work and are welcome, but many are attracted by the benefits system which will, for example, pay benefits for someone's children even if they are not resident in the UK. They can also access free housing at an advantage over UK residents. The Prime Minister is making noises about restricting access to benefits etc. on new immigrants, but it's all hot air to placate us, as under EU law he is powerless to do anything to stop the flow of immigrants from Eastern Europe. Any restrictions placed now would be unlawful and the UK would face legal action from Brussells, who make 75% of our laws in the first place.

When Prime Minister Edward Heath joined us with the EU in 1974 he assured the British that the EU was purely a mechanism for free trade within Europe and specifically stated that the UK would suffer no loss of sovreignity. However, he was lying, as the EU policy had been from day one to create a Federal Superstate and single currency- something Hitler wanted to do and we had gone to war over!

In short, the UK is fed up of being the charity shop of Europe. We are full and our infrastructure cannot cope with another huge population increase- and why should it have to? All the other EU countries just point any immigrants in the direction of the UK and send them on their way.

The Prime Minister has promised an in/out referendum on our EU membership, but it will never happen. He promised us one twice before and it has never materialised. Brussells is fully expecting us to leave and is terrified. If we leave, then other countries will do the same and the EU will be finished. The Euro as a currency is being artificially propped up- it should have collapsed years ago, many countries have gone bankrupt (Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece) and have been bailed out by the EU and then had horrendous austerity measures forced upon them and even had governments forcibly replaced.

The British public are fed up with it, and so are many other EU members.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
for the last decade people have been moving on mass from eastern europe from former soviet countrys with no social housing progects of their own and like the usa benefits are only paid for a year in those country's .

a tradesman in some eastern countrys earns $60 a week so when they arrive in the uk they think it is heaven to be on $600 pw over comes the wife and 8 kids bring your brothers children the name on the birth certificate looks the same to us the wife goes on the sick and gets 4 times what a shop job pays back home and when the romanians etc arrive in january [they are here already with fake passports ] they will get 8 times what they get on benefits at home .

the tax the male pays on his wage does not even look at the free housing and child benefit plus working tax credit that is payed back every week to them while they buy good homes back home with the money .

even in small villages i feel like a foreign tourist in my own country with all the foreigners about and one polish guy i was working with went home after years away he came back and told me that the place was deserted even the old people had left shops were borded up it was that bad .

the country has been flooded with people most are rude and barge you out of the way to get in first have first right to housing because of large familys and do not mix outside of their home .

one good way to keep the wages low mr prime minister ? my 2 pennies

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
From what I understand. There will be a few countries added to the schengen treaty.

I live in the Netherlands, and there have been a lot of Polish people that came here to work already.
They get a better paycheck here, and the prices in there own countries were a lot lower.

However, the gap between there, and our economy is a lot smaller then it originally was.
The people that work here now, are usually housed in old houses, or apartment buildings on the list for demolition.

The flow of workers is stabilized, as the advantages grew smaller.

Any new flow of Eastern Europeans will also merge into society, or return or stay home when it will not be so profitable.

The most important thing will be legislations that will prevent anyone taking advantage of the workers coming here. Like a minimum wage that is the same for everyone. So the new workers won't get jobs our own people wouldn't get if they are more expensive then any new comer.

It is a big problem. There are companies that hire other companies to do the work for them. These smaller companies often make workers from all over the region work for as little as half our minimum wage.

I want to comment on the British cry baby who complained about all the immigrants.

These people decide for them selves were they want to go. The other EU countries do not send them to the UK.
Most Eastern Europeans here behave and don't cause any more problems then we would do ourselves.

It is a local issue, witch will probably be a result from the way you guys handle and control the immigrants becoming part British society.

There have always been immigrant groups coming over here. The first were even invited by our government, so they could work here at jobs where us Dutch thought to be to pretty to do them.

Anyway... I'm pretty sure that there are more people per square km here, the there are in the UK.

ps.

Forgive my English... I'm a bit rusty.

Edit :
To say that there won't probably be a lot of gypsies coming this way. Most Gypsies in Eastern Europe are as poor as it can get, compared to the other European citizens. They don't have the means to migrate.
I also believe that any gypsies around here now, have been here a for a long time. I'm not sure, but they call them selves travelers these days. I could be wrong though.

edit on 12/20/2013 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

ManFromEurope

nixie_nox

#

Thank you for the daily ration of rascism. You do realize that now, right? Oh, you did before? Thank you again..

Anyway, Bulgaria and Rumania won't be joining the Schengen-treaty, yet. 2015, maybe. So, no worries about those filthy gypsies..

This was your people talking, and I am trying to figure out why. For future reference, playing victim doesn't work on me.
edit on 24-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

GeeBee
One of the basic tenets of the EU is free movement of people throughout and also access to jobs and welfare.

Now take into account that the UK is a very crowded country, with a population density of 660 people per square mile compared to the USA's 83.

Despite it's small size, the UK is one of the more wealthy countries in the EU and has an overly generous benefits system in comparison to the other member countries.

Half of all immigrants in this country have arrived in the last ten years, and around 1/3 of all babies born in this country last year were born to non-British mothers.

Some come to work and are welcome, but many are attracted by the benefits system which will, for example, pay benefits for someone's children even if they are not resident in the UK. They can also access free housing at an advantage over UK residents. The Prime Minister is making noises about restricting access to benefits etc. on new immigrants, but it's all hot air to placate us, as under EU law he is powerless to do anything to stop the flow of immigrants from Eastern Europe. Any restrictions placed now would be unlawful and the UK would face legal action from Brussells, who make 75% of our laws in the first place.

When Prime Minister Edward Heath joined us with the EU in 1974 he assured the British that the EU was purely a mechanism for free trade within Europe and specifically stated that the UK would suffer no loss of sovreignity. However, he was lying, as the EU policy had been from day one to create a Federal Superstate and single currency- something Hitler wanted to do and we had gone to war over!

In short, the UK is fed up of being the charity shop of Europe. We are full and our infrastructure cannot cope with another huge population increase- and why should it have to? All the other EU countries just point any immigrants in the direction of the UK and send them on their way.

The Prime Minister has promised an in/out referendum on our EU membership, but it will never happen. He promised us one twice before and it has never materialised. Brussells is fully expecting us to leave and is terrified. If we leave, then other countries will do the same and the EU will be finished. The Euro as a currency is being artificially propped up- it should have collapsed years ago, many countries have gone bankrupt (Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece) and have been bailed out by the EU and then had horrendous austerity measures forced upon them and even had governments forcibly replaced.

The British public are fed up with it, and so are many other EU members.

Fantastic explanation. Thank you for that. So the EU has morphed into something that it wasn't supposed to be and is now imposing itself as a government instead of as a trade agreement?

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

geobro
for the last decade people have been moving on mass from eastern europe from former soviet countrys with no social housing progects of their own and like the usa benefits are only paid for a year in those country's .

a tradesman in some eastern countrys earns $60 a week so when they arrive in the uk they think it is heaven to be on $600 pw over comes the wife and 8 kids bring your brothers children the name on the birth certificate looks the same to us the wife goes on the sick and gets 4 times what a shop job pays back home and when the romanians etc arrive in january [they are here already with fake passports ] they will get 8 times what they get on benefits at home .

the tax the male pays on his wage does not even look at the free housing and child benefit plus working tax credit that is payed back every week to them while they buy good homes back home with the money .

even in small villages i feel like a foreign tourist in my own country with all the foreigners about and one polish guy i was working with went home after years away he came back and told me that the place was deserted even the old people had left shops were borded up it was that bad .

the country has been flooded with people most are rude and barge you out of the way to get in first have first right to housing because of large familys and do not mix outside of their home .

one good way to keep the wages low mr prime minister ? my 2 pennies

The welfare system is a little more complicated in the states. Technicaly the max limit is a limit of 5 years per lifetime but some states like mine don't enforce it. It is hard to keep cash assistance but I have seen people on food assistance for 15 years.

This video also had people mentioning the Romanian mansions, that immigrants come there, collect benefits, and send it back and now mansions are popping up.

But there was a lot of responses from the Romanians that they don't want to be mixed up with these people, and I guess the welfare getters are making them look bad.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

This is an interesting conversation. It always cracks me up when Europeans refer to Polish as immigrants because they have been entrenched in the US for so long they are a part of the network as is the Irish, Italians, and Dutch.
The largest polish community outside of Warsaw is in Chicago. My son is part Polish and I wouldn't even know when to begin to trace it.

It seems like a similar political fight the states have with Latin American immigrants. Or Mexicans, as a lot of Americans confuse them because they all have to get through Mexico and don't realize they can come further south. We even have illegal Canadians (Only God knows why) but they blend in so well that most Americans don't know we have them. They are all from "Northern Michigan". Neither Canada or the US make immigration easy, so I imagine it is skipping the red tape to look for work. I have looked to moving to Canada. Because I have a debilitating undiagnosed medical condition, and I figured a diagnosis would come more easily in a not-for-profit medical system. Essentially, looking for a cure.

Now a lot of the arguments are the same. The money is leaving the country back to latin Americas. An estimated whopping $120 Billion a year. But the cartels must be seizing it, as I haven't heard of mansions popping up.

So I will have to argue that just because a people are poor, doesn't mean they can't move. They don't get much poorer than some of the Latin American countries, and they risk everything to cross the border. Life and Limb.

Hell that is how my grandfather came to the states from Wales. Each family member worked and saved up enough money to bring someone over. Then they all worked to bring the next over.

The employment situation is also the same, employers take advantage of it, and hire the immigrants, illegal or no, for half wages.
I went into a legal immigrant worker house once for a farm for my job, and that situation was pretty abysmal.

So the discussions are pretty much the same, they take advantage, they help us, they need to go, they bring society down, they are just downtrodden and looking for work. Though what is interesting is welfare benefits don't touch Europe's, yet they still risk life and limb to get here.

So I find this discussion very interesting.

Whatever side you are on,just be grateful that the situation is relatively calm, because the cartels have taken control and are pretty scary. They use immigrants and the wide borders for a lucrative drug trade. If some cartels were legit businesses, they would be Fortune 500 companies. The violence is unreal. Juarez, which is just the other side of the river from El Paso, is now the murder capital of the world. The Cartels now control 80% of the narcotics trade in the US. The cartels make the mob look like kindergarteners running a lemonade stand.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

GeeBee

Yes the states have space, we are condensed on the coasts. Some Americans think Nebraska doesn't exist , lolol.

But my area is some of the most dense in the nation. DC has a density of 10,357 inhabitants per square mile.

That doesn't include the daily surge where the population increases 200% during the day with workers and tourists. And yes it is absolutely nuts.

The next state is New Jersey, with 1,205 inhabitants per square mile, and my little state is 606.2 inhabitants per square mile. So my state would be a pretty good indication of what living in the UK is like population wise.

It is places like Alaska and Wyoming that bring down the curve. Wyoming has 5.851 inhabitants per square mile and
Alaska 1.264 inhabitants per square mile. Can you imagine?

edit on 24-12-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Uk population density by city

Scary stuff! My closest town on the list is Blackpool.

top topics

join