It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26 senators defy Obama on Iran sanctions, bill compels US to support Israel if...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
ZIONIST LOBBY!
Case closed
end the thread

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

combatmaster

superman2012

teslahowitzer
Really, you think THIS time Iran is playing truthful and fair, it would be a complete 180 from anything they have ever agreed to....the constant stall and decieve tactics, keep watching...

They've been days away from getting a nuclear weapon for decades now. Who is the real liar?

If you think the US is the bad guy, then go live in Iran and renounce your US citizenship..... i would be happy as hell to hold on to it for ya!

Wow, I want to write so many things that would break the T&C right now. So questing your government is the equivalent of being an anti-american traitor now? Even if those questions are based on verifiable facts which cannot be disputed with any rational argument (as you have proven here)? You sicken me... that is all I have to say.
edit on 19/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

HEY HEY BUDDY...THIS THREAD IS OVER
CLOSE IT DOWN, GO HOME
The transcendent truth has been revealed ARE YOU DEAF?
ZIONIST LOBBY!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

The only person who needs to pack things up for the night and go home is you. There is no need for the sensationalist spamming of this thread. If you have an argument to make, do it calmly and rationally so you don't look like an idiot.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Willtell

ZIONIST LOBBY!
Case closed
end the thread
should read: single viewpoint! mind closed, end of learning.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I wonder if the very small number of anti-zionist on this site, that do seem to project themselves as liberals most of the time - but truly come out as vehemently "anti-zionist" - are truly neo-nazi propaganda -ists?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Chill out Mr serious guy I’m being facetious

Chill out Ms serious gal I'm being facetious

Go a. bloviate all you want

edit on 19-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I am proudly Anti-Zionist

So are many Jews

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Your the idiot not to see I am being sarcastic.

But unlike you and your ignorance I didn't insult you until now, just returning your despicable unjust insult
Any one with half a brain would see I was JOKING!

EYE FOR AN EYE

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Any one with half a brain would see I was JOKING!

No they wouldn't, because posts like that are not unusual for ATS. You may stop spamming this thread now.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm interested in the Mid-East, and interested in learning about it. It is difficult to find a thread which provides any new information. This one isn't it, either.

Let me first offer just a general impression of mine. It is not being asserted as anything which can be proved. I will not argue or discuss it. It seems that when a Mid-East thread comes up, the same statements against Israel are repeated over and over, whether they are relevant or not. Even the most inane posts are granted wildly excessive numbers of stars, which appear to me to come from a group of sycophants in hiding. As I said, and will repeat, this is just my impression.

Now, to the source article.

Under the Kirk-Menendez bill, the administration would have to certify to Congress every 30 days Iran's adherence to the interim pact. Without that certification, the legislation would re-impose all sanctions that have been eased and put in place the new restrictions. Foreign companies and banks violating the bans would be barred from doing business in the United States.

Mark Dubowitz, a sanctions advocate at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, said the new economic penalties could cost Tehran $55 billion annually in lost exports of petroleum, fuel oil and other industrial products.

"This should be incentive enough for Iran, if it is serious about saving its economy from a deep recession, not to cheat on its nuclear commitments and to move quickly to conclude a final deal," he said.
So this portion of the bill, simply says to Iran, "If you cheat, we'll punish you." I can see no reasonable objection to that, and would be glad to hear why someone is opposed to it, other than that they have a closed mind which can only repeat the line from al-Jazeera.

Now, as far as supporting Israel goes, the bill is reported as having this provision in it:

"If the government of Israel is compelled to take military action in legitimate self-defense against Iran's nuclear weapon program, the United States government should stand with Israel," the bill states. It calls for "diplomatic, military and economic support" to Israel in such an eventuality.
If Israel is in a situation, as it has been before, where it is forced to act in "legitimate self-defense," and we don't support them, we will be condemned for all time as dishonorable, feeble, treacherous cowards, fit only to have Islamic sandals stand on our faces as they wipe out the last traces of freedom, peace, and modern civilization.

Again, try to specify a serious, thoughtful, intelligent, objection to this bill.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
Really, you think THIS time Iran is playing truthful and fair, it would be a complete 180 from anything they have ever agreed to....the constant stall and decieve tactics, keep watching...

Really? are you still believing the crap out of the MSM news outlets that the Iran has an WMD program?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Not only that, I can see them firing first as their leaders have called for the destruction of some people. I suppose you may have proof otherwise, and that, and only that would change my view. When was the last time they let inspectors look at their underground enrichment centrifuges???? I should buy the story from a hardcore radical muz government run by clerics hell bent on zionist destruction, sure, I see clearly now that YOU have opened my eyes. Gotta go take out my neighbor, she was wearing shorts raking leaves, bury her to her . and stone her to death, and then......

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Sorry but I have the terrorist regime of israel under boycott for their crimes against the people's of the USA.
For those of you who do not understand what I am talking of, just go back to sleep and be a good lapdog, otherwise just google CVN5, and read while your jaw drops to the floor.
And that is only a portion of what our "ally" has done to us.
And these lies of "Iran is only a month away" and "Iran wishes the destruction of israel and the US"...
These are israeli terrorist propaganda that have been pushed for years.
Let israel stand on their own for once and do their own dirty work if it must be done.
Good riddance as the world is done with their lying ways.
As for our politicians in the US who hold dual citizenship, they should be tried for treason, you can have only ONE master.
As for the citizens who hold dual citizenship, deport them for the same reason as above.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The middle east is a very complicated region - you have all of the major world players in there - who don't trust eachother - US, Russia, and China -

You have all of the wealthy arab countries - and the wealthy arab leaders of countries with huge, poverty stricken masses - dwelling in their countries -

Throw in a bunch of communist rulers, and jihadist religions -

You have a HUGE mish-mash of everyone trying to control and murder eachother -

Power and Control - and a buch of heroin-producing poppies, and rare-earth minerals....... That's what it's about.

And the fact that if oil wasn't "needed" in the rest of the world - those rich Saudi princes would be broke.......

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Cabin

More than a quarter of the Senate introduced legislation Thursday that could raise sanctions on Iran and compel the United States to support Israel if it launches a pre-emptive attack on the Iranian nuclear program, defying President Barack Obama and drawing a veto threat.

www.kansascity.com...

The bill also compels the U.S. to provide Israel military, diplomatic and economic support if it attacks Iran's nuclear program.

Beyond the economic measures, the bill includes potentially contentious language requiring strong American action if Israel decides to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear program

www.firstpost.com...

Other sources and articles on the matter:
abcnews.go.com...

George Washington Spinning In Grave Over Senate Iran Resolution

Well, personally I sincerely hope this bill would not pass or even reach voting. Generally things have calmed down between Iran and western countries recently, some compromise was reached and now this... This would ruin all the diplomatic solutions being worked on and seemingly is pushing for a war, automatic military backing to Isreal if they decide to attack preliminarly is not far from a go-signal.

I believe war to never be a solution to anything. It only leads to deaths of the average people, who have nothing to do with the political madness, while military industry flourishes. There is always a diplomatic solution to problems.

I have no words, how some people can even propose such legislations and in my eyes,and the words US political madness describe this situation well.

America needs to invade iran as soon as possible and sort out these terrorists.

i am sick and tired of all these stupid negotiationsas the iranians are stringing us along

the iranians are hell bent on our destruction and i vote we invade iran right now and sort them out by christmas.

that cowherd obama is a traitor for not protecting america from evil evil evil iranians who are re trying to get nukes to use against us.

I URGE EVERYONE RIGHTES TO CONGRESS URGING INVASION OF IRAN.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The senate must be crazy.Guarentee Israel American forces and they'd attack Iran and drag us(under law)in a heartbeat.I've been wondering if Washington are idiots or pretending since the 70's.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Now here is what um talking about

www.huffingtonpost.com...
WASHINGTON -- In a remarkable rebuke to Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), 10 other Senate committee chairs are circulating a joint letter to Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, urging him to reject an effort by Menendez to tighten sanctions on Iran and warning that his bill could disrupt ongoing nuclear negotiations. The senators write in their letter that "at this time, as negotiations are ongoing, we believe that new sanctions would play into the hands of those in Iran who are most eager to see the negotiations fail."

They will bring the world to war to protect their own selves.

When the world has a glimpse of sanity we see the real devils of the earth go into operation to prevent peace

This greedy puppet, Menendez, from New Jersey will get his 40 pieces of gold but loose his soul

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I hope you are the first to sign up for the war

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

combatmaster

If you think the US is the bad guy, then go live in Iran and renounce your US citizenship..... i would be happy as hell to hold on to it for ya!

Or maybe neither side if good or bad? Ever think its not clear cut?
edit on 20-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join